Chelsea's longest serving player leaves after 10 years at club

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Phil Jones is a Premier League, FA Cup and Europa League winner at the club with a total of 224 appearances.

Piazon has 3 appearances.
Meh, this guy is a CL, EL and two times FA Cup winner.

hubbuh

I like how this video of Piazon "rediscovering his skills" is highlights of him doing basic things for a midfielder
:lol: was that made by his little brother?! One of his highlights is a 10-yard pass he almost kicks out for a throw-in!

hubbuh

Did he get near to 200 appearances? I'm surprised Ross Turnbull even qualifies, isn't there a minimum number of games you need to feature in to be classed as part of the team? I suppose that'd be a bit harsh on goalkeepers who don't get rotated in as much.

Morpheus 7

Strangest and probably one of the most profitable, for the club and the players who go through it.

We don't really hoover up a huge number of kids from around the world anymore, if you look at our recent FA Youth cup winning sides they're mostly kids from London. The likes of Tammy, CHO, Mount & James have all been there since they were 7 or 8. We don't take as many punts of the likes of Piazon anymore.
You defend it but you have little to really show for it all, compared to what the youth teams have won. It's hardly something to be proud of, shipping players like cattle for profit. The issue is that there no ethos at Chelsea, players don't all make it with United but you feel there is a path for a career after. Not always for sure but there is something instilled. Always a cut throat mercenary feel to Chelsea, even how they treat there legends at the end of there career.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You defend it but you have little to really show for it all, compared to what the youth teams have won. It's hardly something to be proud of, shipping players like cattle for profit. The issue is that there no ethos at Chelsea, players don't all make it with United but you feel there is a path for a career after. Not always for sure but there is something instilled. Always a cut throat mercenary feel to Chelsea, even how they treat there legends at the end of there career.
Lots of our current first team are youth products. A decent chunk of the England squad are from our academy. One of Bayern Munich's hottest young players is from our academy. Our academy is working as well as anyones in the past few years, even if you discount the youth trophies.

Players who didn't make it at Chelsea include in recent years include the likes of Declan Rice, Tariq Lamptey and Eddie Nketiah, they're doing pretty well!

I don't buy into Chelsea's model as being shady at all. We made mediocre players like Piazon millionaires, there's a reason he signed so many contract extensions. It's not that the loan model is something to be proud of but its also nothing to be ashamed off, all part of the modern game and it's allowed us to get another stream of income.

Last edited:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I wish Jones had only 3 appearances to be fair.
What the feck are you on about? Like it or not, Phil Jones has had more of a contribution to Manchester United than most, least of all yourself. Least he deserves is to be on the end of snide remarks like these from so called supporters, especially considering the biggest reason his career never took off with us was his injuries, something he had little control of.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
What the feck are you on about? Like it or not, Phil Jones has had more of a contribution to Manchester United than most, least of all yourself. Least he deserves is to be on the end of snide remarks like these from so called supporters, especially considering the biggest reason his career never took off with us was his injuries, something he had little control of.
:lol: :lol: Phil jones is shit and i'll be snide to him if i feel like it.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

I like how this video of Piazon "rediscovering his skills" is highlights of him doing basic things for a midfielder
feckin hell :lol: he doesn't even do those basic things well.

The way he moves, passes, run, all look like he is some average bloke off the street who won a comp to play for a real team :lol: underhit passes, misplaced passes, miscontrols. That can't be a serious video, has to be a pisstake?

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

the worst goalkeeper i have ever seen play for Chelsea. Absolute garbage. I'd happily take Ambrosio and/or Hilario over him. Even Neil Sullivan the veteran

Oranges038

10 years....

Still plenty of time for Matt Miazga and Kennedy to come good.

Haddock

Wait, Van Ginkel is still a Chelsea player?
He signed a new contract with Chelsea in June 2020. It won't surprise you to know that Victor Moses, Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Loftus-Cheek, Zappacosta, Jamal Blackman, Baba Rahman and Kenedy are still Chelsea players.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
the worst goalkeeper i have ever seen play for Chelsea. Absolute garbage. I'd happily take Ambrosio and/or Hilario over him. Even Neil Sullivan the veteran
The most mindblowing thing was he had one of the worst games I've ever seen from a keeper against us the season prior to signing him. If he was 3rd choice you could have maybe at a push rationed it as someone to fill the HG quota but the fact he was Cech's immediate back up for so long was mental.

Fridge chutney

I can't believe that the era of Lucas Piazon is over. It must be a tough day for Chelsea supporters.

Real Name

There's a Croatian keeper Delač, was a big talent when he signed for Chelsea, never played for them, in 8 he changed about 10 clubs on loan.

Acole9

Outstanding
What a career at Chelsea. Has he been granted a testimonial.