Chess discussions

prateik

Nakamura is in form now..
Nakamura, Fabi and Nepo all looking good..

Gukesh really solid as well..

NM

Nakamura is in form now..
Nakamura, Fabi and Nepo all looking good..

Gukesh really solid as well..
Gukesh has looked best IMO. Without the time pressure blunder against Firouzja, he is one point clear right now. That will be the difference when one of Nepo or Naka win it. Fabi is done imo

fergosaurus

Big win for Nepo with the black pieces when Vidit missed the win and turned down a draw. Vidit's a thorn in Hikaru's side in this tournament beating him twice and preventing him going top by losing to Nepo for the second time.

paulscholes18

Looking like a 3 way tie for the lead, Nakamura won, Nepo Drew and very much looking like Gukesh will win.

paulscholes18

Naka and Nepo drew, so if Nakamura wins with White vs Gukesh tomorrow he will play Ding unless Nepo beats Fabi with black in which case Nepo and Nakamura will play rapid to decide who plays Ding.

paulscholes18

Gukesh got the draw, but looks like Fabi might get the win vs Nepo, if that happens I can’t see anything other than a Fabi win vs Gukesh in rapid.

paulscholes18

I’m sure Nepo has been getting beat in every game with black, but his opponents makes a mistake and he gets a draw, credit to Gukesh to winning the candidates.

The Firestarter

Feel very sorry for Fabi , but will take 17 year old wunderkind winning it every time.

Naka was there for the content so job done I guess.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Caruana blew it. He just isn't great under pressure. Surprised at Nakamura's d4 choice.