Chicharito Loan Watch | Real Madrid

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Another one with a Madrid based girlfriend, reporter for R.Madrid.

Spanish ladies doing a good job for La Liga. :drool:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Good luck to him wherever he ends up. He deserves consistent playing time and he will never get it at United.

Jaytay

Another one with a Madrid based girlfriend, reporter for R.Madrid.

Spanish ladies doing a good job for La Liga. :drool:
She's left she now reports on F1, it's quite sad that I know that but I do.

Jaytay

He'd be a beast for Arsenal
He sure would, I'm even worried Mourinho might take a fancy to him again. Diego Costa seems injury prone, Drogba is not the same and Remy isn't first choice. He tried to sign him when he was at Real Madrid.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Then he is an idiot. I read somewhere that he contemplated quiting football all together when playing opportunties were scarce. I don't think that would change in a hurry unless he improves his allround games overnight. If he wants to sit on Madrid's bench, collecting trophies that he has barely earned, then good for him. If wants to play regular football then moving to a smaller club would be the prudent move.
He contemplated quitting football when he was starting out and the coaches didn't think he'd make it, he didn't think he'd make it due to not being given opportunities and so he looked into finding another career to pursue. If anything that is the complete opposite of being an idiot.

Eila

He wasn't bad in his 30 minute cameo. Some decent crosses. Just needs to stop trying to play like Benzema, and stay on his position more.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He wasn't bad in his 30 minute cameo. Some decent crosses. Just needs to stop trying to play like Benzema, and stay on his position more.
Well I thought it had to do more with Ronaldo occupying his position. He did play well though, seems confident but I think his time here is over unfortunately.

Sam

Wasn't great, and yet still looked about 1000x more threatening then Falcao.

OldTrevil

Found the right Hernandez thread :lol:. Anyway, I was surprised with his touch and control yesterday, credit to him for working on the weaker side of his game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's ronaldo's. When he plays he has to do what benzema does and do a lot of the donkey work.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Found the right Hernandez thread :lol:. Anyway, I was surprised with his touch and control yesterday, credit to him for working on the weaker side of his game.
I thought that as well. He doesn't get barged off the ball so easily when I've seen him recently. I think his passing is still very erratic, but his first touch and holding up of the ball seems to have improved.

Eila

Still only scored 9 goals again but somehow I feel he's done much better this season than last. He had a killer closure of the season. It's just a shame he was pretty much erased about 6 months, while being completely fit.
Hope he goes on to have a good summer with Mexico and is sold to a good team for a good fee.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Still only scored 9 goals again but somehow I feel he's done much better this season than last. He had a killer closure of the season. It's just a shame he was pretty much erased about 6 months, while being completely fit.
Hope he goes on to have a good summer with Mexico and is sold to a good team for a good fee.
He's not in the Copa America squad IIRC.

Eila

Not at all. Arsenal need their striker to do much more than simply wait for tap ins. Chicha wouldnt be a starter for any of the top clubs.
Have you seen him play lately? At Madrid the tap-in master is Ronaldo and everyone else plays for him, even somebody like Chicharito.
That said, it doesn't mean he'd be a perfect fit for Arsenal. I think a place with a bit less competition would be better.

Varun

Staff
Have you seen him play lately? At Madrid the tap-in master is Ronaldo and everyone else plays for him, even somebody like Chicharito.
That said, it doesn't mean he'd be a perfect fit for Arsenal. I think a place with a bit less competition would be better.
While true, creating space and working for Ronaldo and leading the line for a top club like Arsenal are 2 very different things. Just the see role Giroud plays, Chicha doesnt have it in him to play that role.

Unless he wants to move down the league, he should accept that he's ideal off the bench while chasing a goal for a top club. He'd be fantastic to have as a sub for us, no chance he can make it as a starter though.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I was watching Gary Neville interview with Wayne Rooney, and Rooney said LvG want's him not to be so involved in the build up and refered to his Bayern strikers who averaged around 10 touches per game, and he want's his strikers to occupy the defenders.
Surely that's a Hernandez speciality, how come he don't want him here then? If he was a starter for one season he would average well over 20 goals based on his seasons with us.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Ideally Hernandez would come back to United. He could still play an important role but his head has to be right.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
We don't know if Chich asked to go, as far as I am aware. Might have been out of LvG's hands.

Real have said they won;t be keeping him, right?
LvG told him to go, because he wasn't in his plans. Hernandez isn't a van Gaal type of striker, the comments LvG made this year about him suggest he's off. 'I already sent him away, scoring a few goals won't change my mind. I've said to him and Welbeck that it's better to go, because you won't be playing much'.

I can see no scenario in which Hernandez stays unless it's 3rd choice, and I doubt he'd want that. Real won't keep him either, he will have to find a new club.

Flying_Heckfish

LvG told him to go, because he wasn't in his plans. Hernandez isn't a van Gaal type of striker, the comments LvG made this year about him suggest he's off. 'I already sent him away, scoring a few goals won't change my mind. I've said to him and Welbeck that it's better to go, because you won't be playing much'.

I can see no scenario in which Hernandez stays unless it's 3rd choice, and I doubt he'd want that. Real won't keep him either, he will have to find a new club.
With Falcao gone and RvP's form, he would get a shot. But he would be mostly duelling with RvP for second spot, behind Rooney, as it stands. If he can get regular games somewhere else, then better for him to go. Didn't work out that way this season though, and as it turned out we probably could have done with him on a few occasions. Whatever LvG thought of him.

If we do have someone lined up to bolster the attack who LvG thinks is a better fit, then certainly he will be sold. Will be many takers

Loon

:lol:
If Hernandez had played the games Falcao drew a blank in this season, we might have been a few points better off than we are.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
With Falcao gone and RvP's form, he would get a shot. But he would be mostly duelling with RvP for second spot, behind Rooney, as it stands. If he can get regular games somewhere else, then better for him to go. Didn't work out that way this season though, and as it turned out we probably could have done with him on a few occasions. Whatever LvG thought of him.

If we do have someone lined up to bolster the attack who LvG thinks is a better fit, then certainly he will be sold. Will be many takers
I don't even think it's like that, if van Gaal sells RvP he will bring in a replacement. My guess is that he wanted to sell Hernandez but RM only wanted a loan, van Gaal wants more from his strikers than poaching and speed. He doesn't fit van Gaal's striker profile at all, therefore he was always going to be 4th/5th choice. 'I sent him away already' pretty much means Hernandez is done here.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
The striker situation would want to be greatly improved this summer as in an addition of a 20+ goals per season lad brought in otherwise we're in no situation to be humming and hawing over whether or not we want Hernandez.He should at the very least be held onto until the moment a quality striker walks in the door first.

Striker10

I can see a scenario because I don't think he flopped at Madrid. I think he would have got around 15 goals if they played him. I think he would do what he's always done at United. He would have done better then Falcao did dropping deep because of his sharpness and if LVG wants someone troubling the defenders, Hernandez can do that. A slower build up might help him. There is no benefit to us selling him unless we bring in a top class striker. Would have no problem Hernandez playing for United next season. LVG should be aware of that. What LVG should be wanting to do, is improve Hernandez to become the player he wants. That can be done in training. He has everything else to be a valuable asset to the team. He's scored some big goals for us. We just need to know where his head is. Last season it was up his ass, hopefully he will have learnt a valuable lesson.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
I can see a scenario because I don't think he flopped at Madrid. I think he would have got around 15 goals if they played him. I think he would do what he's always done at United. He would have done better then Falcao did dropping deep because of his sharpness and if LVG wants someone troubling the defenders, Hernandez can do that. A slower build up might help him. There is no benefit to us selling him unless we bring in a top class striker. Would have no problem Hernandez playing for United next season. LVG should be aware of that. What LVG should be wanting to do, is improve Hernandez to become the player he wants. That can be done in training.
He didn't flop at Madrid, but van Gaal already decided Hernandez wasn't his cup of tea before that. He would've had to start playing like Lewandowski/prime RvP to be considered by van Gaal, Hernandez is a different type of player. In hindsight Hernandez might've offered us more than Falcao, but he was never going to stay longterm under van Gaal because he isn't physical and his link-up play isn't great. You can't train everything.

I doubt van Gaal, with all that money, will settle for a player he doesn't like. RvP has a better chance of staying since he actually fits the profile.

Striker10

NL Max I remember Andy cole when he came and he was nothing like the player he was when he left. So anyone can develop these things. Hernandez isn't a schoolboy. I can't think of too many times he's gone down crying because the big bad premiership has been too tough for him. I think the biggest problem is Hernandez was an idiot. He must have been to go to Madrid. I don't think anyone thinks that was smart. Maybe if he comes back with a changed attitude he impresses the boss? Who knows

Drifter

American
Javier Hernandez will return to Manchester United after Real Madrid opted not to exercise an option to buy the Mexican.

Hernandez joined Real on a season-long loan and the 26-year-old scored nine times in 33 appearances for the Spanish side. His United contract is not due to expire until 2016.

marlowe78

I don't think there is any sense in holding onto Hernandez because we already know the kind of striker that LVG wants. He wants someone who is good in possession, can hold up when needed, and bring other players into the buildup. Hernandez is simply poor in possession and LVG doesn't like that. RVP is the closest player to fitting that profile. Rooney's possession isn't even that great nowadays.

He will find another club and become an important goal scorer again. I just don't think it will be here.

Parma Dewol

BBC: "Mexico striker Javier Hernandez will return to Manchester United after Real Madrid decided not to exercise an option to buy him after a loan spell."

Personally, I hope he gets until January at least to see if he can recover some of his early promise. We know that he can be a goalscorer in the Premier League, and with so few other options out there, would he really be that bad a choice? We've seen other players come back from obscurity under LvG, so I'm not ruling the Little Pea out just yet.