Chicharito Loan Watch | Real Madrid

SoCross

Do you guys think he'd be more effective than Rooney in our current system? That we don't need the strikers to get involved in the build up play, we need them to stay in the box?

Water Melon

BBC: "Mexico striker Javier Hernandez will return to Manchester United after Real Madrid decided not to exercise an option to buy him after a loan spell."

Personally, I hope he gets until January at least to see if he can recover some of his early promise. We know that he can be a goalscorer in the Premier League, and with so few other options out there, would he really be that bad a choice? We've seen other players come back from obscurity under LvG, so I'm not ruling the Little Pea out just yet.
If the quotes cited in this thread earlier did indeed come out of LvG's mouth, I doubt that Chicha will stay. Most probably, he will leave England for Spain. Personally, I'd be happy to see the Little Pea in the squad next season, as I am sure he is a very finisher, and that is some valuable asset to possess.

In Rainbows

Do you guys think he'd be more effective than Rooney in our current system? That we don't need the strikers to get involved in the build up play, we need them to stay in the box?
He's not the kind of striker LVG likes. He won't get the kind of minutes he wants at United, so for his own sake he should leave.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Surprised that Real Madrid did not choose to keep him. In my opinion he is probably one of the best super sub in football and their is not many players who would be as effective in that role in football today.

Maybe Real Madrid plan is to get Morata back and give him more game time as the second striking option to Benzema.

buckooo1978

in a world where you can buy Benteke for 32 million, Danny Welbeck for 16, Leonardo Ulloa for 10, Kramaric for 9 million I'd like to think we will be getting close to 15 million for a proven goalscorer on the biggest of stages if we decide to sell him.....

typically he'll go to some Spanish/German team for 6 million

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He definitely needs to stay, it doesn't seem like we're in the market for a new striker.
I think he could be very useful next season if we kept him. He’s certainly got the pace that we felt our strikers were often lacking this season after the departure of Welbeck, and we’re going to need another decent option with Falcao having not worked out.

We do need to be upgrading long-term since Hernandez is far from a world class striker and is generally a poacher who’ll get a respectable goals return in most cases, but he’s not a bad option to have there. If his main reason for leaving would be a lack of playing time, I think he’d have a much better chance of a look-in this season.

manutddjw

In this interview at around the 2:57, Rooney explains what LvG wants from his striker. He doesn't care about his striker getting alot of touches or being good at holding the ball up. Basically he wants a poacher that will stretch the field. The way Rooney describes it, it sounds like a role that is taylor made for Hernandez. If this is what LvG wants, we really should consider keeping Hernandez.

Roman Bellic

Prick
I think he could be very useful next season if we kept him. He’s certainly got the pace that we felt our strikers were often lacking this season after the departure of Welbeck, and we’re going to need another decent option with Falcao having not worked out.

We do need to be upgrading long-term since Hernandez is far from a world class striker and is generally a poacher who’ll get a respectable goals return in most cases, but he’s not a bad option to have there. If his main reason for leaving would be a lack of playing time, I think he’d have a much better chance of a look-in this season.
I think selling Welbeck was a bad decision, our midfield is very important now, we have players who can score and assist so a World Class striker who can create something out of nothing isn't a priority, we just need a striker who would thrive in the box not outside the box and thats why we need Hernandez and to a certain extent Welbeck.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
In this interview at around the 2:57, Rooney explains what LvG wants from his striker. He doesn't care about his striker getting alot of touches or being good at holding the ball up. Basically he wants a poacher that will stretch the field. The way Rooney describes it, it sounds like a role that is taylor made for Hernandez. If this is what LvG wants, we really should consider keeping Hernandez.
If that is what LVG wants then i'm not sure why Hernandez isn't a LVG striker? He's sharp, he's a goalscorer. Maybe it's Hernandez's attitude. He's kinda backed himself into a corner by going to Madrid. Guess we'll have to see

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
i miss him....loved his passion for the game and his smile.

I hope he comes back and plays a part.

Robbie Boy

His loan went as well as expected. Absolutely stupid to take up that loan offer rather than look for a club where he would start.

LilRicky

He's one incredibly whingey little fecker these days!

He really should just knuckle down and get on with improving his all round game be it for United (not likely) or his next club. In the last year he's complained continually about treatment at United, blew smoke up the cracks of everyone at Madrid when he signed and right up to his CL goal in the QF and thought some nice words about them would make them want to buy him permanently. Now they don't want him he's back to bad mouthing them and last week he now loves United again and wants to stay...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Hernandez-wants-to-stay-at-Old-Trafford.html

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's one incredibly whingey little fecker these days!

He really should just knuckle down and get on with improving his all round game be it for United (not likely) or his next club. In the last year he's complained continually about treatment at United, blew smoke up the cracks of everyone at Madrid when he signed and right up to his CL goal in the QF and thought some nice words about them would make them want to buy him permanently. Now they don't want him he's back to bad mouthing them and last week he now loves United again and wants to stay...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Hernandez-wants-to-stay-at-Old-Trafford.html
You are easily swayed by the media, aren't you?
The goal against Atletico was a relief because it was a difficult year with very few opportunities,” he told Spanish sports daily AS.

“It was a release. I had to warm the bench a lot. My time in Madrid was massively frustrating because I did not feel important.
This translates into "Angry Javier Hernandez hits out at his treatment by Real Madrid" for you?

LilRicky

This translates into "Angry Javier Hernandez hits out at his treatment by Real Madrid" for you?
:lol:

Nov 2014
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ts-stay-Manchester-United-loan-deal-ends.html

'I dreamed of being here. I have the talent and I'll work hard to show I belong at such a great institution. I hope some positive things happen, both to the club and myself.'
Think you need to follow the time line of his quotes better.

Happy at Madrid, wants to stay at Madrid. Madrid release him back to United and now he wants to stay at United and bad mouths Madrid.

He continually complains about not getting game time at United so he joins Real Madrid! Madrid with Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema and James obviously ahead of him in the pecking order. What a feckin idiot!

Snow

:lol:

Nov 2014
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ts-stay-Manchester-United-loan-deal-ends.html

Think you need to follow the time line of his quotes better.

Happy at Madrid, wants to stay at Madrid. Madrid release him back to United and now he wants to stay at United and bad mouths Madrid.

He continually complains about not getting game time at United so he joins Real Madrid! Madrid with Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema and James obviously ahead of him in the pecking order. What a feckin idiot!
Bring me all the quotes about him complaining. What he's said is typical of any player who just signed for a club, be it a loan or a transfer. You're just making up scenarios in your head.

LilRicky

Bring me all the quotes about him complaining. What he's said is typical of any player who just signed for a club, be it a loan or a transfer. You're just making up scenarios in your head.

Your a big boy, go use google yourself :)

Look at the difference in the quotes from Hernandez vs Nani. Both same scenario of being loaned out for a season and the statements are different.

I don't need to create scenarios when these are the quotes made and telling the story themselves.

Mindhunter

It was very apparent that he was slagging us off. Yes, he always showed great attitude while he was here and his frustrations to some extent are understandable. But honestly, he should stop giving interviews and try to improve his all round game.

Snow

Your a big boy, go use google yourself :)

Look at the difference in the quotes from Hernandez vs Nani. Both same scenario of being loaned out for a season and the statements are different.

I don't need to create scenarios when these are the quotes made and telling the story themselves.
You're comparing Nani and Hernandez like they were in the same room being asked the same question. What does it matter what one says as apposed to the other? Hernandez said that last season LvG actively made the squad smaller because of lack of European football which meant small little play time. That was a given. Real Madrid came with an offer so of course he said yes. He wanted the challenge. Now he doesn't. What's so difficult to understand about that? He gave Real a go when he didn't have a chance at United anyways. He does have a chance now because United play more football and Falcao was a dud. He's said that the only thing he wants to do now is play football, be it at Manchester United, Real Madrid or somewhere else.

He isn't angry at Real and he didn't hit out at them.

The bold part, feck me. The quotes are telling you the story? O my, how wrong I was to assume that you were in any way swayed by the media.

LilRicky

You're comparing Nani and Hernandez like they were in the same room being asked the same question. What does it matter what one says as apposed to the other? Hernandez said that last season LvG actively made the squad smaller because of lack of European football which meant small little play time. That was a given. Real Madrid came with an offer so of course he said yes. He wanted the challenge. Now he doesn't. What's so difficult to understand about that? He gave Real a go when he didn't have a chance at United anyways. He does have a chance now because United play more football and Falcao was a dud. He's said that the only thing he wants to do now is play football, be it at Manchester United, Real Madrid or somewhere else.

He isn't angry at Real and he didn't hit out at them.

The bold part, feck me. The quotes are telling you the story? O my, how wrong I was to assume that you were in any way swayed by the media.

Obviously a big fan of Hernandez's and can't see any fault in what the guy has done.

Both players were moved on for same reason, to cut the squad size down. Nani was always complimentary towards United and stated countless times he wanted to go back to United, that he loved the club and was working hard to get back to Manchester.

Nani Quote:
'I love Man United. I love the club. The only decision I made to go away was to play more and be me again because I lost a lot of things there last season because of injuries and the change of the manager. The new manager didn't know me well and a lot of things changed. I needed to play regularly to be happy.
Vs

A guy who has continually whinged about lack of playing time (bear in mind he got sod all games as well the previous season too so it's not just down to lack of CL football), states he has numerous offers and goes for the club least likely to give him... Playing time! :houllier: Anyway he proceeds to blow smoke up said arse of Madrid saying it was a dream move (maybe it is common for players to say this), however there is a difference between the earlier quote I gave of Hernandez's to Nani's above. His contract runs out at Madrid and he bemoans his lack of game time at Madrid! :houllier:

He really needs to stop giving these daft interviews and knuckle down, work hard and prove himself at whatever club he is at.

ottosec

We should have sold him last season when he actually had some value. Now he's 1 year older and he's coming after another shit season, no way we'll get even 10M for him.

He was worth over 20M 2 years sgo, now we will be lucky to get 6-7...

Also, he seems like an idiot, he is disappointed at the lack of game time at United and he moves from all places to Madrid, a club where the manager is sacked for subbing off one of their star players, and then he is angry for not getting games? :lol:

Snow

Obviously a big fan of Hernandez's and can't see any fault in what the guy has done.

Both players were moved on for same reason, to cut the squad size down. Nani was always complimentary towards United and stated countless times he wanted to go back to United, that he loved the club and was working hard to get back to Manchester.

Nani Quote:

Vs

A guy who has continually whinged about lack of playing time (bear in mind he got sod all games as well the previous season too so it's not just down to lack of CL football), states he has numerous offers and goes for the club least likely to give him... Playing time! :houllier: Anyway he proceeds to blow smoke up said arse of Madrid saying it was a dream move (maybe it is common for players to say this), however there is a difference between the earlier quote I gave of Hernandez's to Nani's above. His contract runs out at Madrid and he bemoans his lack of game time at Madrid! :houllier:

He really needs to stop giving these daft interviews and knuckle down, work hard and prove himself at whatever club he is at.
I'm not sure you get it. This isn't really about Hernandez but me being baffled at how you perceive something being portrayed by the media. I'd like Hernandez to be here next season because I think he's the best backup you can get (assuming he doesn't want to leave). We could have used him last season and we can use him next season. Last season Real also used him when Benzema was injured and he did well. If he wants to leave and goes, so be it. That's doesn't mean he's disrespectful. You see a few quotes that are 7 months apart and accuse him of always mouthing off.

In Mexico Real Madrid is nr. 1. Naturally he wanted to go there. "A dream come true" is a cliché but it's a cliché for a reason. When you are a kid and your dream is to be a professional footballer, you dream that dream with a certain club or clubs in mind.

He didn't bemoan his time at Madrid. Again, you're letting the headlines fool you. He was asked a questions and then an article was written around it with their own context and none of the questions. The question was most likely something like "were you happy with the playing time you got at Madrid" and he answered as expected. He said before going there that he didn't expect to start but that if gotten the chance he'd prove himself. Meanwhile we look at Madrid and see how much Bale played despite not performing and understandably he's disappointed because he doesn't feel like he got a fair chance. When played he did well, better than Bale. He tried and nothing came of it. That's it.

Rowem

gently, down the stream

Agreed, but people will always be irrational idiots it seems.

...aka Las Cortinas

has no mates
You're bang on mate.

He couldn't stop going on about how we were the biggest and the best when he first joined us, soon changed his tune when he joined RM by saying the exact same things about them.

feck him, aside from the bridges he's burned, he's just not good enough for us anyway.

Renegade81

There are clearly agendas here. If by some pretty poor reason you must compare the Nani circumstance to Chichas the obvious factors are being over looked to suit some dreadful butthurt arguments. Chicha was clearly told he was surplus to requirements and had an option to go to one of two clubs that can easily be argued are the biggest clubs in world football today like it or not, RM are one of them. Im sure any player would find that lure too hard to resist, playing time aside.

Nani could hardly give the same description about being loaned to SPORTING while we were still paying his wages might i add, Could he? Im sure if he was being loaned to RM im almost certain his comments about the move would be in the similar vein.

The caf has far too many tabloid junkies that cant think for themselves lately, who instead love to be hand fed their opinions as its much easier and consumes far less energy it seems.