Chicharito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee565

Sounds stupid but for a cheap fee he would have been a great back up striker to have had back at the club for a season or two

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
He'd definitely be on the end of James' and AWB's crosses

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I hope no one is being serious here :lol:

starman

Nope, we should have signed his replacement (Haller). Also the window has been closed for almost a month now, so pointless thread..

Champagne Football

No thanks. West Ham would have demanded 35 million if we were interested. Greenwood will be 3 times the player. He needs game time

West Hams other striker Haller would have been a much better bet than Chicharito.

-Supreme-

There is a reason why he couldn't get regular game time at West Ham over the past 2 seasons...

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Do people understand why he couldn't get game time? He didn't fit their systems of play at all. To be honest, at the time he signed for them, I did think they're just signing him as a kind of luxury big time player.

He shouldn't have gone there.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Sounds stupid but for a cheap fee he would have been a great back up striker to have had back at the club for a season or two
You're right, it does sound stupid.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
His goalscoring record is actually better than I thought it was in last two seasons. Thought he was struggling to even get five goals a year but he scored 8 and 7 goals in last two seasons which isn't terrible when you think he was just back up to Aranutovic. Even scored this season v Brighton.

One thing I've never really got though as a neutral on this forum is why he's treated as a demi god and yet Welbeck is routinely abused and laughed at. Both played their squad parts in championship success at Man United. Both then went to CL standard clubs and it didn't work out. Hernandez been at mid table West Ham last two seasons and now Welbeck at Watford.

Don't really understand the extreme reactions when speaking about those two.

SAFMUTD

As a mexican and Chivas (the team Chicharito came out from) supporter I've followed him for all his career and watched most games including the ones with the mexican team. He has declined massively, he's not remotely the player he was, his head seems to be out of place since he got married he's been doing some strange shit like painting his hair orange and posting a lot of weird stuff on social media.

West Ham clearly was the wrong move for him since he was doing ok in the bundesliga with Leverkusen, but at this point he is not nearly good enough to be joining us again. Im actually surprised he managed to catch Sevillas' attention Ive tought he would go straight to the MLS.

JonDahl

His goalscoring record is actually better than I thought it was in last two seasons. Thought he was struggling to even get five goals a year but he scored 8 and 7 goals in last two seasons which isn't terrible when you think he was just back up to Aranutovic. Even scored this season v Brighton.

One thing I've never really got though as a neutral on this forum is why he's treated as a demi god and yet Welbeck is routinely abused and laughed at. Both played their squad parts in championship success at Man United. Both then went to CL standard clubs and it didn't work out. Hernandez been at mid table West Ham last two seasons and now Welbeck at Watford.

Don't really understand the extreme reactions when speaking about those two.
Hernandez scored more goals in 2 seasons than Welbeck scored in 5. Coupled with his knack of scoring at important times (breakthroughs, equalisers and winners) compared to Danny missing chances when it mattered (Bayern) and it's understandable why one is remembered more favourably than the other.

Hernandez gave us great memories, Welbeck not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.