Music Childish Gambino (Donald Glover)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Edgy subject + intelligent looking cool bloke is leading to overrating BUT it's better and more interesting than a lot of stuff out there, and he does obviously have a lot of talent/knows what works and what will grab people's attention.

Last edited:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Edgy subject + intelligent looking cool bloke is leading to overrating BUT it's better and more interesting than a lot of stuff out there, and he does obviously have a lot of talent/knows what works and what will grab people's attention.
Needs more caveats.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd say it's the opposite. It's extremely layered but it's very in your face. 30 seconds in a man is executed.

There's too much for it to be coincidental or unintentional.

Since Camp, Bino seems to be intentional about what he does. A high level of artistic control.
Oh the first minute is definately in your face. I'm referring to most the other bits that video was referring to.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Oh the first minute is definately in your face. I'm referring to most the other bits that video was referring to.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Do you think it wasn't as deliberate as everyone is making out it is because it was subtle?

Because I understood it as subtle being the point. The carnage is happening right in front of us, but being covered up by the singing, dancing entertainer.

Brophs

The One and Only
I won't pretend to really 'get' the video beyond what's basically in your face - and a lot of it does seem quite on the nose - but beyond the obviously intentional layering, it's just really visually arresting, which is usually about all that anyone can really ask from what is becoming an increasingly jaded medium.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, I much prefer ‘Saturday’ as an actual song to listen to.

lsd

The Oracle
The song is unlistenably crap without the video.

In your opinion and with your username not sure how much faith to put in that .

I like it and it's a great beat in my opinion

Moby

Dick
In your opinion and with your username not sure how much faith to put in that .

I like it and it's a great beat in my opinion
Do I need to spell out 'In My Opinion' in every single post in this forum when talking about music/film etc? Does anyone?

As for the song, the lyrics are unbearably dull.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
After hearing about the video everywhere, I finally watched it. At the end I thought "So, he shoots the guy, and then shoots the choir, and then he runs away at the end, is that it?"

Then I watched a video about everything that happens in the video and realised that I didn't really watch the video at all. Which seems to also be the point of the video?

I like it, and it works with the simplicity and the pacing of the song. I'm not a fan of the song in isolation though. Cool beat and bassline, but it needs the visual aid, I think. I'm not a fan of CB's rapping in general, and I've tried to like it as I'm a fan of him generally, but it doesn't do it for me. He has a few songs that I really dig, and he's a stupidly talented guy, but I don't think he's a particularly great rapper. He doesn't seem to have settled on a style and a delivery, he tries to do it all, and doesn't seem to excel at any particular one.

lsd

The Oracle
Do I need to spell out 'In My Opinion' in every single post in this forum when talking about music/film etc? Does anyone?

As for the song, the lyrics are unbearably dull.
The lyrics are deliberately shallow that's the point of them

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He’s back on Twitter. Hinting another album soon and also Seasons 3 and 4 of Atlanta.

One Donald f*cks off and the better one returns :D

Idxomer

Can't wait, the show is great and one of the best in the last few years.