Chip inside the football

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wouldn't they go by the official fifa record?

Although I could see some unscrupulous bookies trying to mug off their clientele one way or the other.
Yes but the official fifa record has changed since the ball hit the net. If you bet Ronaldo first goal you won for 15 minutes (during which period you would have already been paid), and then you didn’t. If you went Fernandes first goal, your bet would have gone red as a lost bet as soon as Ronaldo ‘scored’, only for fifa to change it to Bruno’s 15 minutes later. If I had bet on Bruno, I would be expecting my money, regardless on whether fifa had just paid a bunch of people on Ronaldo or not.

UpWithRivers

Is it trajectory or is it touch. I mean if a hair glanced it, then it will make no difference to the flight of the ball. But is it a goal? Just wondering. Maybe some skin cells flew off and touched the ball. Does that count?

Chief123

Each time I see this thread title I can’t stop thinking L1 + Shoot

phelans shorts

Yes but the official fifa record has changed since the ball hit the net. If you bet Ronaldo first goal you won for 15 minutes (during which period you would have already been paid), and then you didn’t. If you went Fernandes first goal, your bet would have gone red as a lost bet as soon as Ronaldo ‘scored’, only for fifa to change it to Bruno’s 15 minutes later. If I had bet on Bruno, I would be expecting my money, regardless on whether fifa had just paid a bunch of people on Ronaldo or not.
They’ll have paid out for both. It won’t hurt them in the slightest.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They’ll have paid out for both. It won’t hurt them in the slightest.
Of course, the question was not really about whether they would be hurt or not. Was more about what happens in such a rare scenario. Knowing the bookies, it doesn’t take much at all for them to declare a bet void either so it wouldn’t surprise me if they tried to pull a fast one too.

Fully Fledged

Is it trajectory or is it touch. I mean if a hair glanced it, then it will make no difference to the flight of the ball. But is it a goal? Just wondering. Maybe some skin cells flew off and touched the ball. Does that count?
It failed the sniko test as they say in cricket. If the contact isn't enough to show on the sensor then it made no difference.

diarm

How many world cups until somebody hacks the ball and starts making it go where they want in the World Cup final?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Small chip this year. You’d wonder what sort of chips they’ll have in it in 12 or 16 years time.
Wouldn't the chip require some kind of mechanism in order to move a ball?

I don't see how a chip by itself could move a ball without some kind of mechanism to do the heavy lifting.

The ball could be hacked to show that a goal wasn't scored even if it crossed the line.

diarm

Wouldn't the chip require some kind of mechanism in order to move a ball?

I don't see how a chip by itself could move a ball without some kind of mechanism to do the heavy lifting.

The ball could be hacked to show that a goal wasn't scored even if it crossed the line.
You seem to know an awful lot about it. I feel like we should minority report you just to be safe.

diarm

I'm sending one of my hacked footballs to hit you in the face
I wonder if this is why Maguire is having such a good tournament?

The gravitational pull of his massive fecking head is interfering with the network.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He’ll probably get it.

Tbf, if he didn’t jump for it, it probably wouldn’t have been a goal. Same as office rule for distracting keeper.