Chong Loan watch | Club Brugge

Erics_Collar

If a story legitimately came out that Woodward bid for one of his own players out on loan, would you actually be surprised?
Didn't Joe Kinnear do this at Newcastle? Didn't submit a bid, but asked Swansea City about signing Shane Ferguson, who was on loan from Newcastle at the time.

lysglimt

Scout
Didn't Joe Kinnear do this at Newcastle? Didn't submit a bid, but asked Swansea City about signing Shane Ferguson, who was on loan from Newcastle at the time.
He did - while he was DoF as I recall. Would have been worse if he had been the coach :)

Mark Pawelek

Is he the Andreas Pereira of friendlies? Seems to be tearing it up when nobody really tries hard in them
Don't all players who aren't in the first team tear it up during friendlies. Otherwise how are they going to claim a first team place?

Last edited:

ChaddyP

I know it's a joke but i really dont think it is.

. I felt like the hair was holding chong back unnecessarily. He is a light guy with acres of hair against much older players sometimes dribbling at full speed trying to beat the defender as well as the opposition wind against his hairline.
You should see the hair on Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce head when she's running 100 m in the Olympics to win :wenger:. Hair ain't holding him back. He does look more talented with it up in one though :lol:

0le

Looks like he has settled pretty quickly.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
we could get a good few quid for him

Leonzo1

we could get a good few quid for him
Or...he does well there and comes back to our first team. Why do people always seek to make a profit instead of enjoying a fine player ourselves.

ivaldo

Or...he does well there and comes back to our first team. Why do people always seek to make a profit instead of enjoying a fine player ourselves.
Or he doesn't come good and we continue to persist with a player who is never going to be good enough. Why do people always seek to pretend a player is good enough instead of profiting from him when we have the opportunity?

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
I've ever tried saying it alound to myself (accompanied by puzzled looks from the dogs) but I just can't work out what the 'Chong-tent' pun is about. Can someone put me out of my misery and point out the incredibly obvious thing I'm missing?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I've ever tried saying it alound to myself (accompanied by puzzled looks from the dogs) but I just can't work out what the 'Chong-tent' pun is about. Can someone put me out of my misery and point out the incredibly obvious thing I'm missing?
Content

OleGunnar20

'Content' is as close as I've gotten. Also puzzled our shar pei who's usually good with the puns

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
It sounds obvious now, but I wasn't going to get that in a million years. Cheers!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
This could run and run. I can’t wait for ‘it’s all gone Pete Chong’ the first time he’s subbed off.

ivaldo

Do you not think he's good enough to make it here? I've never been overly impressed by his first team appearances but I never watched him for our underage teams.
Genuinely don't. I would like to be wrong of course, and that's something I've made a habit of recently, but he just doesn't seem to have it in him to make an impact at the level required.

Robbie Boy

Genuinely don't. I would like to be wrong of course, and that's something I've made a habit of recently, but he just doesn't seem to have it in him to make an impact at the level required.
Cheers Ivaldo for the response. I would tend to agree based on his brief first team appearances but I suppose it's a small sample size so it's good to hear other opinions. I've always felt peoples opinions of him are fairly divided on here.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Cheers Ivaldo for the response. I would tend to agree based on his brief first team appearances but I suppose it's a small sample size so it's good to hear other opinions. I've always felt peoples opinions of him are fairly divided on here.
He's a quality player, just needs time and confidence to bring his youth form up. He's got the ability to make it here, just needs the confidence. So I respectfully disagree with Ivaldo.

Robbie Boy

He's a quality player, just needs time and confidence to bring his youth form up. He's got the ability to make it here, just needs the confidence. So I respectfully disagree with Ivaldo.
Cheers pal. Haha the divided opinions I just spoke about. I rely on peoples knowledge of youth players on here but Chong seems to have very divided opinions.

ivaldo

That's fair enough. What we do agree on is wanting him to be a success here. I hope I'm wrong.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I’m happy for him! It seems he/we found a good place for him to develop as a player and mature as an young adult.

Mark Pawelek

Do you not think he's good enough to make it here? I've never been overly impressed by his first team appearances but I never watched him for our underage teams.
He missed 300 days due to a bad injury in his first year with us. Consistently got goals and assists at every level but top. He's not one of these winger/strikers like Martial, Rashford or Greenwood; he's strictly a winger. Looks like Rashica if off elsewhere so they will play him. Wait and see. We'll know in 9 months.

imamuppet

A tent's front face is the shape of a triangle,

The shape of the space between the players legs when they are nutmegged is a traingle shape.

German's being German, im gathering the humour or maybe even slang, is that Chong has "'tented" i.e. nutmegged someone so "Chong-nutmegged" aka is "Chong-tent"

:yawn:

diarm

He did - while he was DoF as I recall. Would have been worse if he had been the coach :)
I actually think it's worse that he was DoF.

A new coach could be forgiven for coming in and having other things to focus on that which underage players are on loan where. A Director of Football is literally supposed to be focusing on the bigger picture!