Chong Loan watch | Club Brugge

davidmichael

If we’re lucky we’ll get £5 million for him but he’s another that isn’t good enough so no point in retaining him just to keep the squad bigger, we’ve already signed Diallo and Pellestri whilst apparently still the front runners for Sancho so Chong has no place for us.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why is this a negative trait?
It isn't necessarily, which is why I wrote "on the other hand", but the point here is that he's maybe doing it too much, creating too much pressure for himself.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Never really bought into the hype with him if I’m honest. There’s a huge gap between u23 matches and first team football. I wish they would bring back proper reserve team leagues again. As someone else mentioned he may well be a late bloomer, but I can’t see it being at United.

Adamsk7

he’s played in 15 games for them, 13 in the Bundesliga, so I’d hardly say he’s a flop or not playing. He’s 21 so could go on to have a decent career at a mid/bottom table club in Germany, Holland etc
When we send players on loan or develop them internally, there are two main goals - 1. For them to play for Manchester United 2. For them to have good professional careers regardless.

I don’t see why we are disappointed when players don’t always meet goal 1. Most won’t. We should be celebrating the fact that we have an outstanding record at goal no 2.

crossy1686

career ending
Why is this a negative trait?
It can manifest itself as a Roy Keane trait where nothing is good enough unless it's the absolute best, obviously being at Breman means those things won't always be optimal, but you have to appreciate where you are instead of moaning about things not being good enough. Dortmund accused Januzai of the same sort of behaviour when he was there on loan, he basically kept telling everyone that what they were doing was nowhere near United standards. They didn't like it very much.

izec

Was never good enough in the first team. Got quite a lot opportunities, but except for one or two games, he struggled a lot. He'd never make the bench here next season, except for League Cup.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It can manifest itself as a Roy Keane trait where nothing is good enough unless it's the absolute best, obviously being at Breman means those things won't always be optimal, but you have to appreciate where you are instead of moaning about things not being good enough. Dortmund accused Januzai of the same sort of behaviour when he was there on loan, he basically kept telling everyone that what they were doing was nowhere near United standards. They didn't like it very much.
It isn't necessarily, which is why I wrote "on the other hand", but the point here is that he's maybe doing it too much, creating too much pressure for himself.
Ok, thank you. That make sense, it would piss people off.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal

The loan has ended.

Expected a bit more to be honest, but he doesn't look like a first team player now. He probably needs a loan into a weaker league or in the Championship.

Thanks for the assist against Mainz and Good luck!

Acole9

Outstanding
We're not messing about with loan deals are we. I know Joel Pereira isn't playing at Huddersfield but I don't blame them to be honest, he's crap. No real point in bringing him back here.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I was reading Fergusons book about business and he was saying he used love selling young players on for a small profit. I think that is what we will do with Chong.

Idxomer

Didn't even know he left Bremen.

Hopefully, he impresses and be sold next summer.

48 hours

Our loans continue to be cursed. Henderson is the only one who’s done well that I can remember

RUCK4444

Don’t mean to be harsh on him but he will never make it here, absolute headless chicken tbh.

Not his biggest fan but I wish him well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Our loans continue to be cursed. Henderson is the only one who’s done well that I can remember
Chong was never going to become anything special anyway. You can expect big things only from genuinely big talents.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
A Goal and two assists thus far in the Belgian Cup with the game still in progress from what I've read on Twitter

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
That keeper looks crap but fair play, hopefully it's a sign of things to come for him.

Ace of Spades

I think he can be a good player, just needs game time to get more experience. Hope this loan gets him time on the pitch.

onemanarmy

Chong hasn't been registrered for Brugge's Europa League squad. They could only register 3 new players: Bas Dost, Nabil Dirar and Stefano Denswil.