Choose a duo you simply like or highly rate - When 1+1=3

Sparky Rhiwabon

Cantona and Hughes was my favourite ever strike partnership. Didn't last for that long and neither were natural goalscorers but it worked so well.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I didn't particularly like them, but Petit and Vieira were incredible.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Van Nistelrooy and Scholes had something going that I liked

Rasendori

Man Of Culture

M'Boma and Eto'o had a symbiotic relationship with M'Boma the more impressive. The pair were dynamic, and full of exuberance. Really loved the ferocity in the left footed strikes of M'Boma. They were ruthless in the Olympics against a Brazil side which boasted the likes of Ronaldinho and Lucio. Also, very good against Spain, a side which boasted the likes of Xavi and Puyol to win the Olympic Gold. There's was something quite graceful in the way they could be quite unforgiving. They had to be patient for chances to arrive.Thankfully, they were capable of carving out their own opportunities. Sell yourself and risk being beaten, stay off and they had the capacity to score from long range. Mentally, the two were very strong, there was a real intelligence in the way they moved in offensive transition, great spacial awareness between the two. Back to back AFCON wins with the duo very much at the heart of it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

M'Boma and Eto'o had a symbiotic relationship with M'Boma the more impressive. The pair were dynamic, and full of exuberance. Really loved the ferocity in the left footed strikes of M'Boma. They were ruthless in the Olympics against a Brazil side which boasted the likes of Ronaldinho and Lucio. Also, very good against Spain, a side which boasted the likes of Xavi and Puyol to win the Olympic Gold. There's was something quite graceful in the way they could be quite unforgiving. They had to be patient for chances to arrive.Thankfully, they were capable of carving out their own opportunities. Sell yourself and risk being beaten, stay off and they had the capacity to score from long range. Mentally, the two were very strong, there was a real intelligence in the way they moved in offensive transition, great spacial awareness between the two. Back to back AFCON wins with the duo very much at the heart of it.
M'Boma was always a favourite of mine in video games cos of his ridiculous shot power.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
John Terry and Wayne Bridge. There was a famous joke about them, an attribute to their close relationship.

Kevin Phillips and Niall Quinn.

Owen and Heskey.

SAS.

Gerrard - Torres.

KdB - Silva.

Modric - Kroos.

Desailly - Blanc.

Ronaldo - Marcelo.

Last edited:

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
M'Boma was always a favourite of mine in video games cos of his ridiculous shot power.
Fifa or PES?

One of my favorite games ever was a match between Cameroon and Zimbabwe. It was goals galore with it looking like Zimbabwe will cause an upset after scoring the first. Ended in 5-3 spectacle (early goal from underdog, solo goal, comeback, goal from distance, goals galore) some of the goals were what you'd see in a video game, also had a solo goal. Ironically, despite M'Boma scoring a hat trick and being electric throughout, the goals which had ridiculous shot power from that game were not from him.

Grande

It’s tempting to go 1+1+1=111 With Rijkaard, Gullit and Van Basten.

Baresi and Maldini.

Laudrup and Elkjær (The Beauty and the Beast)

For United, of course Cole/Yorke, Becham/Giggs, Rio/Nemanja.
But my favorite has to be
Paul Scholes and Michael Carrick.

such a joy on multiple levels to see them combine, pass, move, penetrate, and defensively they compensated each other with positioning and grit to make a pivote noone thought would be able to contain even half decent opposition, but who brought United past Mourinho and back to the top.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Mbappe and Neymar, probably the best duo in football when healthy. I hope they get to show it tomorrow.

POF

In the spirit of 1+1=3, Vidic and Evans deserves a mention. They were a very solid partnership which is even more impressive considering Evans' level when he played with anyone else.

Paul_Scholes18

Mkhitaryan and Pogba for a tiny amount of times. Made up a strong attacking midfield at the time.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Without United pairs:

Baresi-Maldini
Modric-Rakitic
Romario-Bebeto
Bergkamp-Kluivert

Luis Ronaldo :wenger:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Dani Alves - Messi (the RW version)
Scholes - Carrick
Beckenbauer - Overath
Dunga - Mauro Silva
Gullit - Van Basten
Seeler - Müller

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
If I was a striker and could pick any second striker to play with it would be Eidur. Absolutely brilliant foil. Unselfish, intelligent and if he was a video game character he would have an automatic +50% chemistry bonus because he just seemed to understand and meld with any striker he played with.
Yes. Underrated intelligent player who reads game so well. His mental aspect was 90% of his lethality.

Trex

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now, feck Mourinho.
Their link up play is on a different level to anything united produce in the final third,Martial magnet boots plus Rashford explosiveness

RashyForPM

Rio-Vida, Evra-Giggs, Nev-Becks, Irwin-Giggs, Rooney-Ronaldo, Scholes-Keane, Scholes-Carrick, Rooney-Tevez, Ole-anyone, Ronaldo-Tevez, Cole-Yorke.

It’s a wonder we were twice the best team in the world eh?

sully07

Withe and Shaw from the Villa team that won the league and European Cup. Individually good but great together

Bondi77

Romario Stoichkov,
They ripped us a second one a few years ago.