Chris Coleman to take over at Sunderland | TheReligion: "Think he'll do well. Quote me." | Sacked

FujiVice

Quite funny that all those cnuts who celebrated City's title win showed how loyal they are to their own club by staying at home and watching Challenge's all day Bullseye marathon.

AlwaysRed66

I think it just shows you the difference between International Management & club Management. There were many in the media pushing that Northern Irish manager Michael O'Neil on a few defensive performances at international level. Any fool can put 10 men behind a ball, but it is a bit different when you have to week after week play in a competitive league. O'Neil would have been worse than Coleman.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think it just shows you the difference between International Management & club Management. There were many in the media pushing that Northern Irish manager Michael O'Neil on a few defensive performances at international level. Any fool can put 10 men behind a ball, but it is a bit different when you have to week after week play in a competitive league. O'Neil would have been worse than Coleman.
That's not necessarily true. O'Niell did really really well with Shamrock Rivers - winning 2 leagues back to back. Then moved to Northern Ireland job which is obviously a step up. Got respect from his squad and really achieved great things with NI who have a very limited squad. There's absolutely no reason to suggest he'd be a fish out of water somewhere like Sunderland.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
O'Shea and McNair plying their trade in the 3rd tier!! :houllier:
Don't forget Gibbo and Donald Love mate.

Edit: A person with a name like Donald Love is destined to play in League One. It's all his fault.

Hansa

Yeah, international and club football are two different beasts. However, I don't really see it as "just putting 10 men behind the ball", and nothing else, but it's about being able to select a team and choose tactics for that one game coming after just a few days of training together. Some managers are really good at setting up a team and getting their message across in a very simple and workable fashion, while the typical club managers aren't necessarily succesful at international level.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Feel sorry for Gibson. He was actually useful in the post-Ronaldo barren transfer days. Looked alright when he first got to Everton too.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Don't forget Gibbo and Donald Love mate.

Edit: A person with a name like Donald Love is destined to play in League One. It's all his fault.
I didn't bother with Gibson to be fair but yeah completely forgot about Love. Sorry state of affairs! :D

FujiVice

Feel sorry for Gibson. He was actually useful in the post-Ronaldo barren transfer days. Looked alright when he first got to Everton too.
There's an obvious drink problem there. The only two times I've heard him in the last 18 months is when he was caught on video pissed on a night out saying all the Sunderland players are shite. And today, looking at a drink driving offense. This is a man who scored in the semi final of the Champions League. Poor guy wasnt exactly the next Pirlo or anything, but he should have been a useful Premiership player at least.

Last edited:

Martin(6)Buchan

Honestly thought he would do well there with him in charge, maybe they need to go and will for them to grow stronger and go upwards again.

Acole9

Outstanding
Still amazed how bitter some are on here about them celebrating City's title win, pathetic really. You do realise this is what fans of clubs do, wind each other up.

FujiVice

As if things couldnt get any worse, a bloke in a Newcastle shirt won the crossbar challenge at halftime and celebrated like Alan Shearer. I swear, this stadium is cursed.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
To be fair to O’Neil he took shamrock rovers, a part time Irish club on a good European run, playing good football. He knows how to cut his cloth.

hp88

There's an obvious drink problem there. The only two times I've heard him in the last 18 months is when he was caught on video pissed on a night out saying all the Sunderland players are shite. And today, looking at a drink driving offense. This is a man who scored in the semi final of the Champions League. Poor guy wasnt exactly the next Pirlo or anything, but he should have been a useful Premiership player at least.
I remember him and Rooney getting dropped by Fergie a few years ago for turning up pissed at training, not surprised the pair of them then went on to get caught driving whilst over the limit.

Acole9

Outstanding
That nob head has got more points on his licence than Sunderland have points this season.

Parry Gallister

Don't dislike the club much as most, rather it happened to the Geordies. Still, hoping Moyes can repeat the trick with West Ham.

Alabaster Codify7

I remember him and Rooney getting dropped by Fergie a few years ago for turning up pissed at training, not surprised the pair of them then went on to get caught driving whilst over the limit.

Gibson has definitely got a drink problem, he's an alcoholic. I remember someone on this forum posting, a Scouser, saying that when he was at Everton it was not an uncommon sight to see him out drinking and even so drunk he'd be asleep in a bar/pub.

The Secret Footballer has a bit of a rant about Sunderland in one of his books. Said that within the footballers circle, it's common knowledge that the club is a fecking shambles - players are paid over the odds and are not disciplined or monitored at all, it's like the lunatics running the asylum. They're allowed to do whatever the hell they like, such as going out boozing all the time.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Amazing performance from them yesterday.

Derby though...they are pretty much the Arsenal of the championship. From February every season they implode in mad fashion.

Anyway don't get too excited by them up, their final two games are Fulham away and Wolves at home. :houllier:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
It was probably time for him to leave Wales but even so, Sunderland was a terrible choice. I realise my timing is a bit off with them having comfortably won yesterday but still.

Bojan11

It was probably time for him to leave Wales but even so, Sunderland was a terrible choice. I realise my timing is a bit off with them having comfortably won yesterday but still.
To be fair that Sunderland squad should be nowhere near the bottom of the championship. Mid table maybe? But there’s a lot of players in that squad who played in the Prem for years.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Gibson has definitely got a drink problem, he's an alcoholic. I remember someone on this forum posting, a Scouser, saying that when he was at Everton it was not an uncommon sight to see him out drinking and even so drunk he'd be asleep in a bar/pub.

The Secret Footballer has a bit of a rant about Sunderland in one of his books. Said that within the footballers circle, it's common knowledge that the club is a fecking shambles - players are paid over the odds and are not disciplined or monitored at all, it's like the lunatics running the asylum. They're allowed to do whatever the hell they like, such as going out boozing all the time.
Reading that he is gone from Sunderland today.

I remember people in here saying he was the next best thing going... now look at him..... washed up at 30.

FujiVice

Every goal Sunderland concede is the same. Every single week. All 3 today were pretty much from the playbook. Ball out wide, cross, no defenders jump and its in the net. Nobody in the Sunderland back 4 have the legs for this game anymore. What a way to come back down to earth after Friday night.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Hope loads of Newcastle fans go and then do the Poznan when that shithole is relegated.

FujiVice

Quite the stat from the Sunderland forum.
Since 2015/16 Adam Johnson has got more assists than any other Sunderland player, despite being in jail for 2 years..

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Oshit, gibson and mcfail can finally play to their level. Legends