Music Chris Cornell RIP

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
That's pretty eerie isn't it. He's clearly unwell, be it drugs or whatever. He's so far behind the rest of the band that they have to slow down for him, and even then it's still noticeable. He looks right at the camera at 1:54, to think he'd be dead just hours later. :(
Yeah, maybe he was already thinking about suicide and didn't want to be here.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It's a music genre played pretty exclusively by depressed junkies, it's going to attract a few untimely deaths unfortunately.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Always thought Eddie Vedder would be the first one to croak. Unbelievably, he's comfortably outlived Cobain, Staley, Weiland, and now Cornell.

Classical Mechanic

This bloke's making the best music out of all of them over the last decade IMO.
I have never really grouped him in with the other kings of Grunge, his band wasn't really grunge or at that level. I will check out his stuff though.

That said, I have been making better music than Cobain and Stayley in the past decade.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I have never really grouped him in with the other kings of Grunge, his band wasn't really grunge or at that level. I will check out his stuff though.
Lanegan is surely unique, but I don't think the term grunge is that useful anyway. The Seattle scene consisted of different bands that each had a distinct style, despite a rough common background. As far as I know they themselves thought 'grunge' was a label the music industry needed to slap on it, in order to create a marketable product.

So in that sense, Lanegan or bands like the Melvins do belong there as much as Nirvana or Pearl Jam (who I don't think have that much in common between them). If Cobain had lived, I'm pretty sure he next would have gone in a direction similar to Lanegan, kind of an adaption of the darker sides of folk music.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Nirvana-Grunge influenced by Punk and post-Punk ("Come as you are" is similar to "Eighties")
Pearl Jam-Old school Hard Rock
Alice in Chains-Grunge influenced by Heavy Metal
Soundgarden-Grunge with a mix or Rock and Metal
Mudhoney-Grunge influenced by Punk
Stone Temple Pilots- Grunge and rock

So yeah, Grunge isn't really a music genre, but more a mix.

::sonny::

Nirvana-Grunge influenced by Punk and post-Punk ("Come as you are" is similar to "Eighties")
Pearl Jam-Old school Hard Rock
Alice in Chains-Grunge influenced by Heavy Metal
Soundgarden-Grunge with a mix or Rock and Metal
Mudhoney-Grunge influenced by Punk
Stone Temple Pilots- Grunge and rock

So yeah, Grunge isn't really a music genre, but more a mix.
Agreed

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
3 years since he died. What a wonderful voice he had. This video is chilling when you consider that Chester and Chris both died within months of each other

Rest in peace Chris and Chester