Chris Smalling image 12

Chris Smalling England flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-man

Yet we have less clean sheets in the league than Roma have had in the 4 matches Smalling has played for them

Our record isnt bad, but its not as good as theirs and clean sheets would have seen us get more points with our low scoring
How could that be comparable?
It is a good record, but there is no comparison whatso ever.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I'm on the edge of conspiracy theory here, but I think it's because Ole pays way too much attention to the drivel on the internet and is swayed by online opinion. I say that because he sold Fellaini right off the bat and has made some weird comments denigrating 'internet fans.
But Lingard, Young, Rojo and Fred still play...

UncleBob

I'm on the edge of conspiracy theory here, but I think it's because Ole pays way too much attention to the drivel on the internet and is swayed by online opinion. I say that because he sold Fellaini right off the bat and has made some weird comments denigrating 'internet fans.
Jesus christ :lol:

A-man

How is it not a comparison?
Two different clubs playing different opponents, it is not comparable.

Also, I have enjoyed a lot of Italian football, but Smallings four matches were: Atalanta, Lecce, Cagliari, and Sampdoria. It is not the same level as facing PL teams. That is my opinion.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
The lack of points come from lack of scored goals. The defence has been one of the best in the PL so far.
We've lost games by one goal margins mainly. We would have kept more clean sheets with Smalling.

Ekeke

Two different clubs playing different opponents, it is not comparable.

Also, I have enjoyed a lot of Italian football, but Smallings four matches were: Atalanta, Lecce, Cagliari, and Sampdoria. It is not the same level as facing PL teams. That is my opinion.
Atalanta and Cagliari are in the top 5 :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And all the hyped up CBs are from Serie A. Skriniar, Koulibaly. We've been linked with others. But when Smalling does well there, its not a good level. I see

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’d love to see how he goes with McGuire.

It was another awful decision made by the club to allow him to leave over our other centrebacks.

A-man

Atalanta and Cagliari are in the top 5 :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And all the hyped up CBs are from Serie A. Skriniar, Koulibaly. We've been linked with others. But when Smalling does well there, its not a good level. I see
It is of course subjective and it is up to you if you think Serie A is better than PL. But I am still arguing that 1-1 against Liverpool is more difficult than 0-0 against Sampdoria.

Ekeke

It is of course subjective and it is up to you if you think Serie A is better than PL. But I am still arguing that 1-1 against Liverpool is more difficult than 0-0 against Sampdoria.
I didnt say its better. But its obviously worth comparing the matches else we should never ever look at a player from Serie A

Sampdoria are bottom of the table. The comparison is with Atalanta the 3rd best team, or Cagliari who are 5th.

A-man

I didnt say its better. But its obviously worth comparing the matches else we should never ever look at a player from Serie A

Sampdoria are bottom of the table. The comparison is with Atalanta the 3rd best team, or Cagliari who are 5th.
All I was saying is that you can’t take one teams’s result against four Serie A teams, compare it to another teams results in the PL, and say that one player would be the difference. It is great Smalling has been good and maybe he is the reason they have only conceded 3 goals in 4 games since his arrival. Good.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
I still don't get why he is not at the club at the moment. He's been our best defender for years, and he's experienced. Miles better than lindelof ever has been.

Ekeke

All I was saying is that you can’t take one teams’s result against four Serie A teams, compare it to another teams results in the PL, and say that one player would be the difference. It is great Smalling has been good and maybe he is the reason they have only conceded 3 goals in 4 games since his arrival. Good.
We cant say for sure, but it does suggest it might be the case. United's past 4 fixtures are probably slightly harder than Roma's. Still, in those 4 games we've conceded 5

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Smalling being Smalling

Is that the first time in his career it was given against him? And even that was too soft.

Edit: Samid being Samid, it was for handball, and it wasn't even a handball. Stupid bump.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Imagine if they had VAR, all the penalties given against him will never be penalties again.

Ekeke

Is that the first time in his career it was given against him? And even that was too soft.

Edit: Samid being Samid, it was for handball, and it wasn't even a handball. Stupid bump.
Yes. Its the evidence people have been waiting 5 years for.

And then it doesn't even show what they wanted. Amazing

Ekeke

Can't for the life of me see why did the ref give a pen here?!

Or am I missing something?
My only theory that makes the slightest bit of sense is that the ref is a redcafe poster and saw Smalling near the ball so took the chance to blame him for something

Member 102134

Roma fans

This is literally the worst penalty call in the history of penalty calls.
ROBBED AGAIN, FFS
There isnt enough swear words and insults in the world that can convey my feelings to that BS call
How did our players contain themselves, swear to God I would have slapped the referee
this is getting fecking stupid - last 3 games the ref fecked up what a retarded fecking cnut
Why is there VAR in CL but not in Europa ? Can’t understand this dumb rule
Is there no VAR in Europa League? Or are refs so dumb that they can't objectively see what's a handball or not?
I'M GONNA feckING KILL THAT REFEREE WTF
Holy fukin shit,I am amazed by the arrogance of this fukin referee.How the feck do you call that?Fine,he makes a mistake but where the feck is the shitty VAR?Dumb cnuts,they basically use it for a glorified offside checker.Fukin bullshit,referees like this should be left without a job and be sent to freakin’ fruit stands to sell fukin oranges and so they can do whatever they like without consequences.
WE CONCEDED MY feckING ASS, JESUS feckING CHRIST IT WASN'T A PENALTY, UNLESS IT'S A FOUL TO TOUCH THE BALL WITH YOUR FACE. BLOODY HORRIBLE REF.

settembrini

That decision is so bad that if it happened in the PL there is a small chance the VAR guy would correct it.

izec

He pushed/was holding him. While the player was already falling down and obviously wasnt enough to be a pen usually, he gave it here.

Red_toad

Smalling being Smalling

So ball hit him in the face and ref gave penalty is Smalling being Smalling? Hmm great posting dude, such graceful and balanced point of view you have.
Ref being shite would have been a better call. But carry on wanting players to fail.

izec

What? The guy completely fell over in front of him :lol:
i would think he would rather give a pen for that than the ball hitting his face. Either way, it was the wrong call. Not sure why everyone thinks he gave it for handball

Status
Not open for further replies.