Chris Smalling robbed at gunpoint in ‘night of terror’ in Italian home

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Probably a bit of both. You hear these stories about footballers getting robbed when they're away at matches too.
A combo of lots of small sized high value objects, and often knowing for a fact that the player themselves is not there, because you can see them on the tv.

it seems to happen loads though, I’m amazed there isn’t some kind of security system for when players are playing matches.

Lynty

Private security costs an absolute fortune. I worked in one while I was studying. Installing and remote monitoring of CCTV and alarm systems cost at least £500k a year. The ones David Beckham uses cost over a £1.5m year. I am not speculating. I know for a fact.
Then you add the costs of the ex army officers they use. The last I knew they had four ex marines. It's not just the wages, its the kits, they need mini housing. You're talking about millions on millions.
David and Victoria had to buy another house on their street just to house the security officers.
I don't think the post your referecing is talking about private security. He's on about a protection racket from a prominent gang/firm in your area. Its does work.

Unfortunately, such a scheme also involves 'favours' and your not so secret association with criminals e.g. Fury and the Kinahans

::sonny::

Smalling, "I don't wear the alarm. The bandits asked my name "
The Roma player was heard by the police about the attack on the villa where he lives on the Appia Pignatelli. "They expressed themselves with gestures, they spoke neither English nor Italian, but I heard them say" pig! " when they realized that there was little in the safe "

"The anti-theft? No, I didn't wear it. We in England don't use it, we're not used to it ». Reserved, aloof, as if he were not even the victim of a night assault on the house by hooded and gun-toting bandits, Chris Smalling admits it without too many frills in front of the incredulous cops who ask him to reconstruct the nightmarish 30 minutes he lived in. yesterday dawn in the villa surrounded by greenery where he has lived since last October, on the Appia Pignatelli.

The Roma defender - only the latest of many Romanists victims of thefts and robberies - was awakened with a start by three men who pointed a flashlight in his face and then forced him to open the safe, displayed on the wall. of the bedroom. Alongside the former Manchester United was his wife and model Sam Cooke, who remained by his side the whole time, terrified. Also because the couple's two-year-old son slept in the next room, while in an annex of the residential complex in via Trebazia there were Smalling's mother-in-law and the child's nanny. Neither of them noticed what was happening in the main villa where the bandits entered at about 3.30 after drilling a hole in the bedroom window and removing the safety hook. A few hours earlier, the 31-year-old from Greenwich, valued at 18 million euros, had returned home after watching from the stands at the Olimpico (he has a knee injury) his team's victory in the quarter-finals of the Europa League against Ajax.

"The robbers ordered us to sit on the bed - said the English player, in his second season in the Giallorossi -. They did not beat us or tie us up. I don't know if they had a real gun, I didn't notice the red cap. And then they also spoke little, very little indeed ». The investigators of the Flying Squad who have carried out an inspection with the Forensics investigate the case. Videos of some surveillance cameras were acquired.

There is a suspicion that the bandits were not Italians. Smalling, who speaks only a few words in our language, however, would have heard one of them swear ("Porco!") When he realized that there were "only" three Rolexes and a few jewels in the safe. A booty of about 50 thousand euros, but perhaps the three were thinking of the big shot. For the rest, the robbers would have tried to communicate by gestures with the defender. However, it is not excluded that they did not even realize who they were threatening.
«They asked me my name - added Smalling - and one of them made me the gesture of money. He wanted to know if we had "cash" in the house, but he didn't know how to say it. I understood and went downstairs: I took 200 euros from a bag and gave it to him ». The bandits then fled perhaps by climbing over the boundary wall at the same point from which they had passed to enter. For those who investigate they would not be professionals, but they may have acted after a few stalking. The complicity of a basista cannot be excluded.

In November, Roma coach Paulo Fonseca was targeted in Monteverde, but he was not at home, and Lazio forward Joaquin Correa two days earlier in the same way. Smalling received hundreds of messages of support, from colleagues and fans. Yesterday he went to the police station but not to Trigoria where he was supposed to train. And the Rai Sport journalist Paola Ferrari reveals that what happened to the player "happened in the same house where I was robbed, why does this story repeat itself after two years?"

https://roma.corriere.it/notizie/cr...mo-c18fef56-9eff-11eb-a475-be5cae54c7bb.shtml

Andersons Dietician

Not to sound glib, but wasn’t / isn’t this an issue with Harry & Meghan? The sheer cost of security?
I think that was over who should pay for it. As being who they are they would be high value targets. But royap family protection would come out of taxes and since they are no longer officially performing royal duties they shouldn’t be covered. So they were in a position where they would need to pay for it out of pocket and no idea what their income stream is like.

nainaisson

Think I'm getting nostalgic, but why do I think a Smalling-Maguire partnership might actually be better than what we've got
Poor Lindelof. A beautiful assist for Rashford in Granada that Bonucci could only dream of, and he still can't seem to win so many of us over.