Chris Wood

Bwuk

We’d probably have half a dozen more points this season if we had a player like Zlatan, Lukaku or Fellaini on the bench. Not saying we need someone like that to be starting every game but they’re a great option to have when you’re chasing the game. It’s bugging me so much I’ve even been casting envious glances in Giroud’s direction. And he’s shite!
Giroud is a much better player than Chris Wood. Not even close.

Zoo

Joining Newcastle. What a shame.

Abraxas

Surely quite damaging for Burnley, but I would imagine it was nearly impossible to persuade him as it's probably his one and only chance at a massive contract.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Bit of a shithouse move going to direct relegation rivals in January, but I suppose he could never have turned down the piles of money they must be throwing at him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Feels like they're signing him to weaken Burnley more then anything? Good player though, should score loads in the championship for them :devil:

Brophs

The One and Only
Megascout @Solius strikes again. He’s rarely seen anywhere other than the touchline of an underage game, recording video footage he can study later.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Why can't just Newcastle prepare for long term rather than shorter goals ? I mean, sometimes it's better to go down and come back with a better structure.

Wood isn't going to help Newcastle stay up nor does he suit the style Howe wants to play.

Well, Digne and Trippier can put in lot of crosses for sure (better than Taylor and Lowton for sure)

marktan

He's a pretty good player but that's a disgrace from the view of Burnley. American leveraged debt buy-outs strike again. When they go down they won't be coming back up for a long time.

Edit - reading that it's a release clause and they have to sell if it's met? Didn't know those were a thing in England.

Gandalf

He's a pretty good player but that's a disgrace from the view of Burnley. American leveraged debt buy-outs strike again. When they go down they won't be coming back up for a long time.

Edit - reading that it's a release clause and they have to sell if it's met? Didn't know those were a thing in England.
I thought the same. IIRC the Suarez to Arsenal deal did not happen because his release clause was not enforceable but maybe the regulations have changed in the intervening years.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
We need to be sending Newcastle a brochure, featuring the likes of Martial, AWB, Maguire etc.

It's not everyday the local tip get funding...

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Bit of a shithouse move going to direct relegation rivals in January, but I suppose he could never have turned down the piles of money they must be throwing at him.
That's going to be the theme with most/all players going there. Much like Trippier leaving a top 3 team to fight relegation!

TheLiverBird

It
Poor signing
For a team that are realistically facing relegation

they can’t get the top players in the top end of the table, or players that even Playing Europa league level

lower premier league players and top championship players is their market to help their battle

Wood is a proven EPL goal scorer hitting double figures for the last what? 4 years or what ever

he’s a good signing, he’s been averaging 1 goal in 3 at Burnley…. A side which struggle to create goals, he could do much better potentially in a more creative system

Santos J

It

they can’t get the top players in the top end of the table, or players that even Playing Europa league level

lower premier league players and top championship players is their market to help their battle

Wood is a proven EPL goal scorer hitting double figures for the last what? 4 years or what ever

he’s a good signing, he’s been averaging 1 goal in 3 at Burnley…. A side which struggle to create goals, he could do much better potentially in a more creative system
He's scored 3 in 17 this season for a side with an almost identical goals per game ratio to Newcastle.

TheLiverBird

He's scored 3 in 17 this season for a side with an almost identical goals per game ratio to Newcastle.
So your going to discount his previous 4 years of double digit epl alone goals? Perhaps his head has been turned this season?

the facts are he is a good proven EPL Goal scorer

he’s not a world beater, Newcastle can’t get world beaters, they are in a relegation battle, they simply won’t come, they need grafters and ones that are Proven

Chris is both

padzilla

Hipster
A bit of a dick move on the player's part but he can console himself with all that cash I guess.

Burnley must have something lined up to sell him to a direct rival in the relegation scrap - or you would at least think so.

Deery

Dreary
A bit of a dick move on the player's part but he can console himself with all that cash I guess.

Burnley must have something lined up to sell him to a direct rival in the relegation scrap - or you would at least think so.
Release clause.

Oranges038

He's 30 and has scored feck all goals this season, it's good move and a good payday for him.

Stil hope he scores nothing and they get relegated.

Deery

Dreary
Now Newcastle just need to buy Watford's best player and they can avoid relegation.
Emmanuel Dennis for £20m would give them a decent big man small man up front, go for it Shieks..

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
You'd have to think for £25m or whatever they've got Burnley would be able to find a more exciting player to replace him with. Or at the very least a much cheaper one. I wonder if Brereton Diaz could be tempted. They could have an all-randomly-Latino-Lancs strike partnership up front with him and Rodriguez!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It

Could definitely have gotten better.

TheLiverBird

I think it’s a bad signing because it’s just short term thinking. He’s 30 on probably big wages on a 2.5 year contract.
time will tell I guess

if he contributes to helping Newcastle stay up then it will be excellent business

TheLiverBird

Then they’ll be lumbered with him for another two years.
And??

job done, he’ll be pushed aside to make way for better quality, his stock will be about the same or There abouts

and let’s be honest, when you say lumbered, Newcastle have got more money that all the worlds Elite Teams put together, and more, and probably a bit more on top

it really doesn’t matter to them

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think Burnley are making the right decision to sell him as well. He hasn't been the same and everytime I watched Burnley, Wood hasn't shown a threat sign at all this season. Time to move on for Wood and Burnley. It's now whether they can use the money to buy the right striker to play next to Cornet.