Christen Press and Tobin Heath sign for United | Alex Morgan signs for Spurs!

Himannv

Excellent analysis. I figured Heath would play on the right and Press would play upfront. Intrigued by Press playing behind a striker like Russo. Heath as an option on the left is also interesting.

Only deficiency I see is the lack of that proper DM and just too much work for Zelem to do back there. Groenen is a good player but is constantly moving up the pitch so it's a difficult role for Zelem and I think she made a couple of mistakes in that last game.

Kent Devil

To be honest I am more happier that we got Christen Press and Tobin Heath. I just have a good feeling that we have got the better deal than what Spurs got.

ImmortalJoker66

Supports
Trinidad and Tobago
I remember seeing this and was very skeptical, but as the days/weeks went by and it was getting close to being real the whole of Twitter was in complete meltdown. I loved how the United Twitter account waited till the noisy neighbors announced our former captain just to drop these 2 bombshell signings. Thank you Casey for being the reason they signed for United to play under your guidance!

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Press and Heath have just been drafted to the new NWSL team in Louisville. To me this might be good news and they might stay that 2nd year as I really doubt they want to play there.

ImmortalJoker66

Supports
Trinidad and Tobago
The way Press and Heath are performing for us right now I can see them staying with United and if things go smoothly they will be playing Champions League football next season

Wing Attack Plan R

I’ve enjoyed the women’s team’s games, and Heath & Press are a cut above. Before and after their arrival has been a massive improvement. Now someone on the men’s team needs to come up with a scheme to get players on men’s teams to donate 10% of their wages to their club’s women’s team, taking a page from Mata’s book.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic

Gone already.
I said this in another thread but Spurs didn't get her for football, they got her for PR. Alex needed a club for training after coming back. Both got what they wanted. She's not impacted their season on the pitch but will have got them plenty of promo. I don't think Stoney would have ever accepted that.

United have got 2 players who just want to play and they also have them for the whole season. Christen hasn't got her shooting boots on yet but she has been unlucky with her illness this month. Tobin is doing great and enjoying her football. United got the best end of the deal and hopefully they don't go to the January Camp.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
The Alex Morgan Loan's become a bit more interesting (at least to me). It seems she's actually taken a reduce wage to go to Spurs, with a guaranteed agreement for minutes on the pitch. It was also sorted in 3 days, which seems mad. I'm speculating now, but she was on her way back to Orlando last week, I'm thinking that she's looked at where some of the other USWNT (particularly Press) have gone and decided she needs games ASAP to make the Olympic squad. Normally Press plays on the left when Morgan plays, but for club and when she doesn't she's the striker. It'll be interesting to see what happens on the pitch because she's not played in an age, not trained with a team in over a year and she's in a new country with a newish baby. For Spurs though it's definately good PR, just a bit iffy in regards to their actually team.
Yup, you called this right.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Continuing the US team story. Tobin Heath misses the January USNWT camp to play for United. Christen Press wasn't called up as she is not 100% fit. Rose Lavelle and Sam Mewis, who play for City, have gone back to the US for the camp and will miss a bunch of WSL matches.

As time goes on, it becomes clearer why Casey wanted Heath and Press :D

red thru&thru

Continuing the US team story. Tobin Heath misses the January USNWT camp to play for United. Christen Press wasn't called up as she is not 100% fit. Rose Lavelle and Sam Mewis, who play for City, have gone back to the US for the camp and will miss a bunch of WSL matches.

Yeah, I'm growing to like the Heath more and more. Press I'm still to be convinced about but Heath has won me over.

They can see we have the chance to win the league for the first time. What history that would be.

redshaw

Not sure how someone can't be won over by Heath after 5 mins watching her. Brilliant top level footballer.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Excellent :D

YankManc

Man City just signed another American in Abby Dahlkemper. She is more the Robin to Sauerbrunn’s Batman for the national team‘S CB pairing but she is the one that covers space better. Really impressive WC in 2019. Bummer that they got her.

I will say, I wouldn’t be a man attracted to good looking women if I failed to say that she is a great follow on Instagram for obvious reasons.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Man City just signed another American in Abby Dahlkemper. She is more the Robin to Sauerbrunn’s Batman for the national team‘S CB pairing but she is the one that covers space better. Really impressive WC in 2019. Bummer that they got her.

I will say, I wouldn’t be a man attracted to good looking women if I failed to say that she is a great follow on Instagram for obvious reasons.
I'd be more worried about ADK going to City if she was replacing Houghton, but I'd bet she'll be playing with her and I really think Steph's past her best now, her poor positioning etc is the reason Bright looks so bad for England but so much better for Chelsea.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Nice finish from Press against Brazil

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Nice finish from Press against Brazil

Christen scored against Argentina as well - last goal in a 6-0 win, a header from a corner.

The US soccer website also have this nice stat about her:
Press has been directly involved in 28 goals in her last 29 appearances for the USA, scoring 13 goals and assisting 15 more. She also served in the free kick that led to Rose Lavelle’s game-winner vs. Canada on Feb. 18.

Let's hope we can find the best way to use her when she comes back - she's going to be even more important to us, with Leah, Lauren and Tobin all injured.