6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

I must be watching a different game to some here who think he shouldn't be a starter. If we don't, I don't see where our technical quality in midfield is. Even Casimero is not a magic wand in that department.

Eriksen is our makeshift option with De Jong not coming. Maybe his legs are going (or maybe he's just been a bit exposed by our hectic play) but he's still the best we've got for this specific function. If we don't play him deep we're back to the old days of Fred playing an ill suited role, which everyone complains about. Or we have to ask Casimero to do it even though he had Kroos and Modric doing this work and it's not his game.

For now he's the man for this role. The worry I had was that we'd be defensively poor with him in this role and that hasn't really been the case. The worry is him fading and that we've got too many eggs in the Eriksen basket for my liking.

The United

He was tidy in the first half. But as usual, after the first half, he kind of disappeared again, just like in every game.

Hopefully, this guy is not ETH's blind spot here.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Hope he doesn't start on Sunday and if he does, please keep it to a half.

Casemiro seems quite adept to overtaking his ball playing quality for us.

Telsim

I didn't really see his influence that much in the first half, to be honest. And he should have been subbed at half time. Instead he played the whole game with Arsenal coming up.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Again, as anticipated, drifted away after 55 mins.

No chance he can play vs arsenal he's knackered

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He’s very calm on the ball and had a lovely first half but he was knackered and essentially useless at the end. Surprised he played the full 90.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Three games in a row where I thought he looked knackered by the end. Man needs a rest.

BerryBerryShrew

He does look very good in the deeper lying playmaker role. Having him sitting alongside Casemiro with Bruno further forward may work out very well. Frenkie who?

LFG

Had a harder time with possession after he moved into the 10 role. I'm not sure he was knackered. He has always been a slow player.

El Jefe

Looks like I'm the only one impressed by him then. He hasn't been amazing but I worried if he could play CM and he's done it very well especially playing alongside a midfielder that barely gets on the ball. Today he really put in a shift off the ball and was involved in all our passing moves.

Clear upgrade on Fred in the starting lineup. Despite Fred's pressing he often left spaces behind him, Eriksen has been positionally sound in all three games with today being his best performance.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I imagine when he starts next to Casemiro he’ll look even better

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It’s genuinely so heart warming to watch such a class player play for United . It’s like watching Scholes again

Abraxas

Good. Again I think he was better in the first half than the second which is a slightly worrying trend. But he didn't seem gassed, I think we lost control as a side a little bit. Not in respect of Leicester getting too much but the first half showed more control.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think he is tiring towards second half. He was brilliant first half pinning balls first time which found our forwards.

tomaldinho1

Didn’t really notice him in the second half, I do think he needs a rest/more game management as looks knackered

Pronewbie

Peep
7 in the 1st half. 5.5 in the 2nd as he ran out of steam. I like his vision and ability to make passes the likes of McT and Fred screw up. It's obvious that he is going to be gassed if he's expected to come deep to build up the play and then make plays in and around the opposition box, before dashing back to prevent counter attacks at his age.

MrEleson

He’s been okay so far. Nothing game changing in his play yet.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We had midfield control tonight, mainly down to this fella. Very shrewd signing.

Aaaxio

He’s the team’s best midfielder. Makes sure United is on the ball instead of constantly chasing it. Will probably be even better, when you give it some time and put Casemiro next to him.

Eriksen is exactly what the team has been missing for close to a decade. Will play Arsenal.

Last edited:

Olecurls99

What I expected of him. Very clever on the ball.
Keeps it ticking nicely.
Looks to progress it when he can.
Smart enough to play in midfield and not leave gaps.

A smashing free signing

acnumber9

I don’t get the obsession with leaving him on for 90 minutes every game. It will eventually cost us. Very good 60 minute player.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Agree needs to be rotated more with Fred or we're going to burn him out quick.

Reiver

Another good game and he's unlucky not to have at least a couple of goals already. I don't want to burn him out but the problem is we have no other midfielders like him.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's quality but I rest him for that arsenal game, don't think he'll recover by then.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Hard to tell imo. We look better in midfield, but not sure what role Eriksen played in it. I think quite big.
It's huge, and never going to be individually noticeable given his role. But him being able to connect passes and move around with ease especially playing alongside McTominay is worth it over whatever defensive faults he has at the moment.

Blood Mage

Give his technical ability to a player with an engine like Fred's and we'd steamroller teams. He's lovely to watch but I don't think he can play every game, we'll end up killing the poor guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.