Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How do we handle when teams will start man marking him?
Cause surely that's gonna happen now..
ETH will have to find a solution with the added space - something I am confident this manager can do

wangyu

So far our best player of the season closely followed by Varane and McTominay but they’re all doing some good work lately!

kelvinwong2026

In terms of the way we play, Eriksen is probably the No.1 most important player to make it work. It is not that other players are not important, but a player of his mould is just so rare. So the problem is we have to find a understudy for him, otherwise we have to adjust massviely when he is not available.

OrcaFat

Screw De Jong. This is the guy we need.
I think we could squeeze them both in. But Eriksen is doing very well and I think him and Casemiro will make a brilliant pair.

Eriksen is probably more versatile than FDJ and can slot in further up the pitch if we ever do sign Frenk.

But yeah, if Bruno plays to his potential at 10 then we don’t actually need FDJ.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think we could squeeze them both in. But Eriksen is doing very well and I think him and Casemiro will make a brilliant pair.

Eriksen is probably more versatile than FDJ and can slot in further up the pitch if we ever do sign Frenk.

But yeah, if Bruno plays to his potential at 10 then we don’t actually need FDJ.
Eriksen can’t carry the ball like Pogba and FDJ can. If we can still get FDJ we absolutely should

OrcaFat

Eriksen can’t carry the ball like Pogba and FDJ can. If we can still get FDJ we absolutely should
I’m all for getting FDJ.

Even so, Eriksen gives us a lot. He’s clever. I didn’t expect him to make that burst through the middle when he laid on Rashford’s second yesterday but it was a thing to behold. I can see him providing the right qualities to compliment Casemiro.

croadyman

I'm sure I have seen him carry the ball at Brentford, however certainly can't do it the same extent as those two.

city-puma

I really don't know why even the pundits are saying its a 'soft' foul. It was an elbow to the back of Eriksen followed by a kick to his knee before falling down. But at least it gave gooners a redirection on why they lost.
It’s indeed a wrestling.

NLunited

Eriksen is undroppable right now, seeing that he is our only playmaker. We still need FdJ. Real Madrid has Modric and Kroos right?

We need one more playmaker and Frenkie offers different qualities from Eriksen.

Cassidy

I’m all for getting FDJ.

Even so, Eriksen gives us a lot. He’s clever. I didn’t expect him to make that burst through the middle when he laid on Rashford’s second yesterday but it was a thing to behold. I can see him providing the right qualities to compliment Casemiro.
I agree, just saying we still need another dynamic in the midfield

OrcaFat

Again I’d love to get FDJ but if we can’t get him we probably need another “similar” player because, as it stands, if Eriksen is out we’re back to cloggers….

Cassidy

Again I’d love to get FDJ but if we can’t get him we probably need another “similar” player because, as it stands, if Eriksen is out we’re back to cloggers….
So we agree then…

RedIan

Loving Erikson, his passing is like having Scholes back in midfield. Just a superb footballer. Showed a turn of pace on that 3rd goal break away too.

NoPace

I've been talking myself into Alexis Mac Allister on a free and Fred going out. Good passer from similar areas as Eriksen, turning 24 this year and for a passing #8 that's still quite young and he could backup for 2 years then Eriksen leaves when his contract is done and he steps in aged 26.

Bruno/VDB
Eriksen/Mac Allister
Casemiro/McTominay

looks well balanced.

Edit: Apparently Brighton can extend him for another year so this is probably not on and they'll sell him like they did Bissouma or he'll just take a pay raise if he's happy there.

Last edited:

cybertej29

First midfielder after Scholes and Carrick who is able to control the tempo of the game when in possession, and play those forward passes with ease when required. Makes you wonder why we were playing donkeys in midfield for so long.

dal

Pace on the wings, and a pacemaker in the middle.

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit
:wenger:

I do love his character though to have something like that happen to you, its easier to quit football altogether, he has the money to sit back and know one would blame him at all. It could easily lead to a build of anxiety but I do say I think he's remarkable footballer and has a remarkable character based on this alone.

Is it autocorrect that makes so many people type "Erikson"?

Redlyn

Shaping up to be one of our most important players. Not seen his type of line splitting passes from deep from anyone in our team since...well Carrick.

mav_9me

Eriksen is undroppable right now, seeing that he is our only playmaker. We still need FdJ. Real Madrid has Modric and Kroos right?

We need one more playmaker and Frenkie offers different qualities from Eriksen.
Bruno is the other.

It's a challenge to cont with Eriksen in CM and Bruno as AM. Bruno is not as much of a CM as Modric but right now seems to working extremely hard and doing a job defensively.

IhabX7

First midfielder after Scholes and Carrick who is able to control the tempo of the game when in possession, and play those forward passes with ease when required. Makes you wonder why we were playing donkeys in midfield for so long.
Have we been in in possession often enough this season for you to make that claim?

NLunited

Shaping up to be one of our most important players. Not seen his type of line splitting passes from deep from anyone in our team since...well Carrick.
Daley Blind, always looking to play through the lines.

Daneman

ETH will have to find a solution with the added space - something I am confident this manager can do

You guys talk like Eriksen didn't play 8-9 years in the league.. he has been man marked before..

cybertej29

Have we been in in possession often enough this season for you to make that claim?
Of course not. But it's what I infer from watching him play. I'm sure ETH will mould him into a deep lying playmaker.

croadyman

Yeah definitely need another dimension as well, much like having a number 9 who can hold up ball and good in the air too.

Tony247

Eriksen: split the midfield open
Bruno: split the defense open

So far working dandy.

croadyman

Still hopeful he can show that ability to beat a player through midfield, certain I saw it at Brentford and be cool to see it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.