Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Hopefully people can see now why he’s so important to the team

Kassadin

There is no one else on the squad who can do what Eriksen does for us. You can see why Ten Hag is so reliant on him. We desperately need a playmaker who can build up attacking moves from deep, be press resistant and be an outlet for defenders and midfileds under pressure.

Valencia Shin Crosses

There is no one else on the squad who can do what Eriksen does for us. You can see why Ten Hag is so reliant on him. We desperately need a playmaker who can build up attacking moves from deep, be press resistant and be an outlet for defenders and midfileds under pressure.
So a good quality midfielder. Yes I agree, we need more of those. Casemiro and McT are good ball winners, but Fred isn't good enough as seen tonight and Bruno will never be a true center mid. Makes sense why we wanted De Jong so badly.

DiMaria

Quickly becoming our most important player. Huge drop after he got subbed at half time

kunal18

The problem is other teams will man mark/double team him out of the game if we rely on a single player to be our creative force over the course of the season.
Amazing the amount of money we keep throwing to get dross that cant even do basic quality passing or hold on to the ball longer than few seconds whereas this guy cost nothing. We need more quality players in the squad like this

Dve

The engine of this team and what a difference when he came off. Fernandes, sadly, is not close to having the same impact at the moment.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I’m just happy for you. In a forum full of clueless posts, you must’ve really stood out to earn the tagline. Impressive.
Sure because one humans opinion differs from yours? You're clueless if that's you're definition of the word. But you see the majority of the forums posts as clueless..'if you meet dickheads all day, you're the dickhead.'
I mean you don't come across as a nice person do you and no im not happy for you in this context. Far from it. I don't get involved in all the immature bickering lots, not all of you indulge in so speak to those who share your opinions, and deride those who don't and I wish you the best.

And I don't rate DDG that's my opinion and its hardly mine alone. An opinion is precisely that an opinion a view neither right or wrong more an individuals take on something so it can't be wrong or right unless based on no evidence or purely based on bias.

Last edited:

FatTails

Sure because one humans opinion differs from yours? You're clueless if that's you're definition of the word. But you see the majority of the forums posts as clueless..if you meet dickheads all day, you're the dickhead
“Full of” doesn’t mean majority. And your post wasn’t an opinion and had no actual content. that’s glorifying it beyond what it deserves.

Redderp

The engine of this team and what a difference when he came off. Fernandes, sadly, is not close to having the same impact at the moment.
They are just different kind of players. Fernandes is a final third player. That’s where he mostly operates. He is more lethal in front of goal, but he doesn’t make a team tick like Eriksen. Fernandes is also more aggressive, while Eriksen is more cerebral. You need both type of players in a team. Like we had under Fergie. You need a good balance of personalities.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
“Full of” doesn’t mean majority. And your post wasn’t an opinion and had no actual content. that’s glorifying it beyond what it deserves.
It was an opinion it didn't need content, and i definitely wasn't glorifying it. You have a right to disagree with my opinion where we diverge is that I wouldn't call you're opinion no matter the framing clueless. (you had an easy bullet to use with my tagline which is 15 years old) I might disagree with you and a reasonable discussion could take place but it starts off on the wrong foot with me when you name call as it were like that.
And if you read down I had a good chat with a poster about it where I admitted I was a bit over Frank but it was done with respect. I told you before I don't get into these childish bickers with people (not like 15 years ago)

Last edited:

El Jefe

At least now people can appreciate his value when they see Fred in his place.

Him and Martinez are already so important to this team. We have no adequate stand-ins for them.

redshaw

Eriksen is putting some of our big signings big wages players to shame.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's a class act and we haven't got anyone of a similar profile to step-in to replace him when he needs a rest.

Last edited:

Ted Lasso

Our most important player. Our most intelligent player. Our most all-round technically adept player. And our most fit as well? been top of the milage charts for us across it seems

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes excellent. Getting better every game the more he plays in that position and getting used to it. Important to note that he's never played this role before, but Ten Hags seen he can do it and he's ever improving in it. Wonder how many years he can run the games through there?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Was quality in the first half. I really, really like him and what he brings to the team. Had he played the full 90, and Bruno replaced Fred at half time instead, I think we end up winning that 2/3-0.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We have all known, since Carrick's retirement, that we struggle to advance the ball through midfield. Last night was another reminder of how much we're depending on Eriksen to make or break our season. If, for whatever reason, he's unavailable then we're stuck.

United should strongly consider buying another line breaking passer in January. Doesn't have to be De Jong. Just someone who can be trusted to advance the ball if Eriksen needs a break.

DanishPastry

I wonder if any new player has become as pivotal to their club as quickly as he has?
He was at Brentford, he was at Tottenham, he was at Ajax, and even though Conte was a deuce about it, it was quite obvious, that he improved inter when playing, but Conte wanted a "flamboyant" player, and kept being angry with him, because he was not "loud" enough.

I still hope they will remove Bruno for a match and give him the CAM role, he is SO much better there, Bruno plays around him.

Hareide the "old" trainer in the Danish international team NEW this, so he built the whole team around Eriksen who in that period score every game. our new trainer Kasper, wants a TEAM.. so Eriksen although more important looks at time like not really working (although he is still pivotal)...
Brentford was better about this, because Thomas Frank knew had to do something, because they where in a crisis when he joined.

I actually think in small sprints Eriksen seemed to shine more when Casemiro got on.. in the first games with Casemiro, more passing, fast balls.. where McT is a fighter, but he leaves Eriksen to do the defending when he does his runs.. they need a STRONG DM that just keeps the DM role, so Eriksen does not have to fall back..

Foxbatt

There is no one in the team who has what he has too.

Daneman

I know this is done and over with.

but kinda felt it needed to get out there: http://sportwitness.co.uk/of-course...frank-his-decision-to-not-sign-for-brentford/

So Eriksen went out today saying he kept talking to Thomas Frank about his every move, and quote: Kept him in the loop,
and how much it hurt to tell his friend that he wasn't going to sign with Brentford.

Brentford fans have kept calling out Eriksen, booing him for breaking some sort of oath regarding keeping them in the loop.
Well.. turns out he has, which also perfectly fits Thomas Frank's own comments about talking to Eriksen and wishing him congratulations on the move before it was public.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I know this is done and over with.

but kinda felt it needed to get out there: http://sportwitness.co.uk/of-course...frank-his-decision-to-not-sign-for-brentford/

So Eriksen went out today saying he kept talking to Thomas Frank about his every move, and quote: Kept him in the loop,
and how much it hurt to tell his friend that he wasn't going to sign with Brentford.

Brentford fans have kept calling out Eriksen, booing him for breaking some sort of oath regarding keeping them in the loop.
Well.. turns out he has, which also perfectly fits Thomas Frank's own comments about talking to Eriksen and wishing him congratulations on the move before it was public.
He was very Frank with Thomas

Daneman

Danish interview today with Christian Eriksen.
(there are more clips, just picked out two and translated to my best ability)
Sometimes stuff gets lost in translation so I did my best, but Eriksen opens up a bit more when he is speaking in danish, his attitude is a bit more direct, maybe feeling more comfortable in his own language.

Interviewer: How do you feel you’ve settled in a position.

Eriksen: Well pretty sure I’ve already played every position on the pitch now. Its been fine,
its been about finding your place on the team, figuring out how ETH wanted us to play.
Feels like we have found our base now, we got more structure

Interviewer: Do you feel like you have performed on a higher level than you would expect to, so soon at united?

Eriksen: No (smiles in disbelief)… It was never my plan to go up here and do nothing.

Interviewer: Of course not

Eriksen: I expected to perform from day 1, I felt like I was in good shape, and I still am.

Interviewer: And it’s been looking good hasn’t it (referring to Eriksens performance)

Eriksen:
Yeah its been looking really well, I still lack a goal, but sure its looking fine, helps a bit too when the results are coming in.

New clip

Eriksen:
Yeah I’ve followed Ajax, I’m still following Ajax, I was there back in January playing, seeing how it was. Playing with the backup team though, which of course wasn’t so great (laughs)
He changed the mentality from when I was there (talking about ETH). It was about progressing in champions league, now its about winning champions league.
Something had changed, he changed the culture, also the guy before him but he changed the culture. Changed the hopes and ambitions, and of course the wish is he does the same here.

Interviewer: So what kind of man is it you meet on the training grounds and in the office (talking about ETH)

Eriksen: Well, a man that is a lot about football. Some very nice meetings, some very long meetings (smiles) about how we see football. How he wants us to position ourselves when we are adding pressure to the game, buildup, and stuff like that. He is a guy that is very passionate about football.

Interviewer: Is it nerdy?

Eriksen: Yeah it gets pretty nerdy. He can have a lot of information.. that you need to take in, but then again its new, its also new for me, you gotta learn his methods, and once you have heard it a few times then you know what it is he wants from you.

Source: https://www.tv3sport.dk/sport/fodbo...sin-plads-i-united-det-har-set-rigtig-fint-ud

Source: https://www.tv3sport.dk/sport/fodbo...boldglade-ten-hag-det-hele-handler-om-fodbold

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He would soon be our Pirlo or Schweinsteiger . Such an intelligent player. I can see him playing for another 5 years with us, easily.

suheilsworld

I wonder if any new player has become as pivotal to their club as quickly as he has?
Bruno did when we signed him but apart from him it’s Eriksen. My gosh how our signing take time to bed in but this guy is playing phenomenally. My current favorite United player

Status
Not open for further replies.