6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrational.

Today called for Casemiro Fred and Mctominah in MF. Then a quick front three to counter.

I just knew we would be over run in MF.
Yep, some good ol' fashioned Jose tactics would've seen us get something from the game. The midfield was nowhere near combative enough. We tried to play City at their own game and failed miserably.

Omonia Nicosia 2:3 Man Utd

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Hmmm. 9am the following morning and not a single comment on a starting player’s performance. Usually this sort of thing happens when a new signing is a bit shit and nobody really wants to admit that to themselves.

I thought he was bad last night. Love the effort to sprint 60 yards to try and prevent their opener (obviously Sancho’s getting pelters for being a lazy turd by comparison but also, where the feck was Casemiro?) but his passing was way off, he gave the ball away cheaply a lot and he generally didn’t impose himself.

He’s been a mixed bag so far. Probably more bad performances than good. His last two games would make me worried about starting him against Everton. Although the lack of quality alternatives mean we probably have to.

Real Name

He was bad yesterday granted, but generally I think he has been good and a joy to watch. Not for the place on the bench at the moment but he needs to lift it up, that's for sure.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He was rubbish. Poor delivery all night and I'm not sure why he played the full 90 again. Also played a weird amount of passes with his left foot.

Skills

Snitch
Hmmm. 9am the following morning and not a single comment on a starting player’s performance. Usually this sort of thing happens when a new signing is a bit shit and nobody really wants to admit that to themselves.

I thought he was bad last night. Love the effort to sprint 60 yards to try and prevent their opener (obviously Sancho’s getting pelters for being a lazy turd by comparison but also, where the feck was Casemiro?) but his passing was way off, he gave the ball away cheaply a lot and he generally didn’t impose himself.

He’s been a mixed bag so far. Probably more bad performances than good. His last two games would make me worried about starting him against Everton. Although the lack of quality alternatives mean we probably have to.
I was going to bump the thread. I think he's been bad overall, and one the key reasons why we lack control in the middle of the pitch.

Bruno gets a lot of shit for the same stuff, but for the last 3 years Bruno's track record is far better in the offensive third. Eriksen gives the ball away just as much, and hasn't matched Bruno's productivity over that time.

To me, he's the perfect back up for Fernandes. Playing them in a midfield 3 is suicidal

arthurka

I was going to bump the thread. I think he's been bad overall, and one the key reasons why we lack control in the middle of the pitch.

Bruno gets a lot of shit for the same stuff, but for the last 3 years Bruno's track record is far better in the offensive third. Eriksen gives the ball away just as much, and hasn't matched Bruno's productivity over that time.

To me, he's the perfect back up for Fernandes. Playing them in a midfield 3 is suicidal
I a game like yesterday they should be more then enough but oddly we look very bad both in possession and while we defend. We should remove him or Bruno from the line up and start playing Case.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Yeah, hard to disagree with any of that. Bruno’s getting dogs abuse for a performance that was no worse than Eriksen‘s but also included a world class game-changing moment.

And yeah, they should be fighting it out for the same position. When we need more control play Eriksen. When we’re going to dominate and need a creative X factor then go with Bruno. Playing the pair of them together is asking for trouble. We can just about get away with it when McT is on the absolute top of his game but replace him with anyone less hard-working and mobile then him and we’re screwed.

El Jefe

He's not as good as United fans tried to make him after the Arsenal game. Good player and certainly prefer him to Bruno but he's not dynamic enough as a No.8. While he's a great passer in a vacuum, he's never been a dictator or initiator as he is here.

He's obviously a really good player but we're asking too much of him in and out of possesion in the role he's currently playing. The City game was a clear realisation of that.

The team badly needs a FdJ, Vitinha, Modric type. The good thing is ten Hag knows this as he relentlessly chased de Jong all summer.

Zico1982

Eriksen has seemed a little bit tired in the last two games and really should have been rested yesterday. He was awful against City and mediocre yesterday. It is not about quality though. He can be brilliant in the pivot, as seen against Arsenal or for Brentford. The problem lies elsewhere. ETH obviously does'nt trust his team to perform without the dane right now. I agree, but that is going to be a problem. At some point Eriksen will need a rest. Yesterday was the perfect opportunity to leave him out, but he played the full 90 minutes. Again. Another thing. I really want to see him playing at 10 like he does for Denmark with Casemiro and (forgive me) Bruno behind him. I know about Brunos risk-taking-problems, but I would give it a shot against a team like Everton. His work-rate is good and he will be forced to play less Hollywood-passes. Christian Eriksen was world class in the danish 2-0 victory against France with Sevillas Delaney and Tottenhams Höjbjerg in the machine room. In the second half Eriksen moved down to play in his United-Position next to Höjbjerg, who is funnily enough on Ancelottis radar list to replace Casemiro at Bernabeu. Brentfords Jensen came in to play the Bruno-Part. This worked almost equally good, showing me, that a Combo of Casemiro/Eriksen/Bruno could work very well for United. Casemiro/Fred/Eriksen might work as well with Bruno replacing Sancho at the wing. P.S. Why was'nt Höjbjerg on our list? He has been really good for Spurs this season.

Lyng

Eriksen has seemed a little bit tired in the last two games and really should have been rested yesterday. He was awful against City and mediocre yesterday. It is not about quality though. He can be brilliant in the pivot, as seen against Arsenal or for Brentford. The problem lies elsewhere. ETH obviously does'nt trust his team to perform without the dane right now. I agree, but that is going to be a problem. At some point Eriksen will need a rest. Yesterday was the perfect opportunity to leave him out, but he played the full 90 minutes. Again. Another thing. I really want to see him playing at 10 like he does for Denmark with Casemiro and (forgive me) Bruno behind him. I know about Brunos risk-taking-problems, but I would give it a shot against a team like Everton. His work-rate is good and he will be forced to play less Hollywood-passes. Christian Eriksen was world class in the danish 2-0 victory against France with Sevillas Delaney and Tottenhams Höjbjerg in the machine room. In the second half Eriksen moved down to play in his United-Position next to Höjbjerg, who is funnily enough on Ancelottis radar list to replace Casemiro at Bernabeu. Brentfords Jensen came in to play the Bruno-Part. This worked almost equally good, showing me, that a Combo of Casemiro/Eriksen/Bruno could work very well for United. Casemiro/Fred/Eriksen might work as well with Bruno replacing Sancho at the wing. P.S. Why was'nt Höjbjerg on our list? He has been really good for Spurs this season.
Delaney is much more disciplined than Bruno. You dont get the hollywood pass, but you get a good consistent pressure and energy. Which is why I believe Fred would be much better next to Casemiro. But yes Eriksen needs a rest.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
With every game that goes by he's showing he's not a CM, we know we need move CM's though so he's still better than McTominay in there

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Think this was his worst game for us since he's signed? Still shows that composure on the ball which Fred doesn't, but he was really sloppy tonight.

Bobski

Need a genuine alternative very quickly, feck you Donny you huge disappointment.

Concerned about overplaying him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He seems determined to score with his weaker foot.

We get it... You're two footed AND a wonderful human.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Think this was his worst game for us since he's signed? Still shows that composure on the ball which Fred doesn't, but he was really sloppy tonight.
Brentford? City?

Cassidy

He is better than Fernandes

Sanchez7

I love him, his footballing intelligence and technique are sublime. You have to remember that this isn't even his primary position.

Suedesi

You lot are overly critical - thought he was superb and key to us dominating the middle of the park. He was good on the ball and rarely misplaced passes. If you fault him for free kicks and such I mean...

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I think he needs a rest or a game or two on the bench. He’s class but it’s just not happening at the moment. Some of his passing was so sloppy.

El Jefe

With every game that goes by he's showing he's not a CM, we know we need move CM's though so he's still better than McTominay in there
Agreed, the CM position isn't natural to him. He's a highly technical and intelligent player so he makes it work but on and off the ball you can tell he isn't a CM.

Casemiro is making the type of passes you want Eriksen to but he's not a dictator from deep. He also lacks the dynamism needed for a CM.

He's still doing a decent job but we'd be much better with a controlling CM alongside Casemiro with Eriksen playing Bruno's position.

Irwin99

You lot are overly critical - thought he was superb and key to us dominating the middle of the park. He was good on the ball and rarely misplaced passes. If you fault him for free kicks and such I mean...
Me too. Thought he was class and the whole team played well, although everyone had a few sloppy moments.

As i said in the post match it's pretty obvious De Jong slots right into this role but Eriksen is doing a good job of it, especially against the weaker teams.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
If we're playing Bruno then Eriksen needs to adapt, and I think he's doing quite well.
He's a bit timid and I think we would be better if he played more advanced role, but this isn't happening I guess.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was excellent. What makes people think he isn't a CM? We dominated the game and they did feck all in attack apart from a late flurry of long balls and their goal was a shot from range. He did very well throughout.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Brentford? City?
Didn't see the Brentford game live and had no desire to watch the highlights so can't comment on that one. Against City I thought we were just overwhelmed as a whole in the first half and he never really had an opportunity to do much.

Today he saw plenty of the ball but was very sloppy with it.

Telsim

Not his best game to be honest. Him and Fernandes don’t work together. He shouldn't even feature against Omonia Nicosia.

Cassidy

Didn't see the Brentford game live and had no desire to watch the highlights so can't comment on that one. Against City I thought we were just overwhelmed as a whole in the first half and he never really had an opportunity to do much.

Today he saw plenty of the ball but was very sloppy with it.
He was very sloppy vs City, and he got overun too. Brentford first half to be fair he played as a false 9 so probably not his fault he was so bad.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yeah agree with this, some of the passes he does McFred just can't do, which has been a huge problem.

He isnt the quickest or strongest and that is a weakness but is what it is.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He's a great squad player, especially for free, but eventually I hope we will replace him. He's lacking intensity for top football, to be really effective. We got away with Everton as they couldn't really complete a single pass but in high intensity games, Christian struggles a bit.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Thought he was excellent. What makes people think he isn't a CM? We dominated the game and they did feck all in attack apart from a late flurry of long balls and their goal was a shot from range. He did very well throughout.
I think he's a CM, a type of player who will end up playing deeper with age and experience but really don't think he was that good. The reason we got so much possession was more of a fact that Everton were really really poor with the ball, just losing it very quickly not much down to Eriksen passing masterclass. Think he could be more penetrative as well, possession is good but we were too slow in the build up, always taking too long on the ball.

Think he needs rest.

Scottynaldinho

He's being used like a beater car. We got him for free and Ten Hag is looking to run him to the ground until his legs come off.

He needs to be rested. Fred is more than good enough to be the part of the midfield 3 against most of the teams.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I actually thought he was really good, a very mature performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.