6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CallyRed

His 60 minutes is far more effective than the shite we have had to put up with from our midfield dynamos last season

ForeverRed1

Quality player especially on a free. It’s amazing to see him out there playing at the top level after everything he has been through. Hopefully in the summer we buy an out and out central midfielder to partner Casemiro though as we need more defensively in the middle. Can be a very effective part of the squad, play in multiple positions and add quality in depth which we lack at the moment. Plenty of game time for him still.

DON’T PANIC ™

Bit sloppy in first half but lit better in second half.
I agree, his first touch seemed to desert him on a number of occasions. I thought he looked tired. Strangely, he looked sharper in the second half, although I think Forest weren’t pressing as much after conceding the second goal.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Did you even watch the game. He was class. Nonsense assessment.
Fair enough if you disagree! You'd be in the majority. :lol:

Just thought he was guilty of a good few sloppy bits of play (along with Casemiro, who was worse) that led to us losing control of the midfield for a lot of that first half. I thought he looked pretty fatigued.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
First touch was all over the place and bypassed too easily on the transition but on the ball he oozes quality. Can't be emphasized enough how good of a signing he's been on a free.

Ole'sattheWheel

Bit sloppy in first half but lot better in second half.
Interesting as I thought the opposite. I would’ve said he was our motm first half, absolutely bossed it. But then it seems to be a common trend with him where when he gets knackered he loses his composure and starts giving away cheap passes.
Nice username btw:D

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Poor defensively but helps us to control possession without being particularly incisive. Seems like a nice bloke which seems to make a huge difference.

OrcaFat

He is class. Without him we look a different team. But he can’t last a full 90 and despite being by far our best option at no8, he looks like he needs a rest.

The team will be much worse without him but surely we can get a result over Reading without him? Really hope he gets a rest.

What would be really great is if we could play one of the kids in his place, next to Casemiro. Iqbal or Mainoo. We need to develop the players who can give us the same things Eriksen gives us, instead of chucking Fred or McT in there and expecting the team to look cohesive.

Real Name

Everything we did got through him. He's class. Didnt have a drop of in 2nd half like he tends to.

OrcaFat

Everything we did got through him. He's class. Didnt have a drop of in 2nd half like he tends to.
Yeah I think he had a bit if an easier time yesterday as we had two thirds of the possession (which he had a big part in of course). He drops off when he has to spend half the time chasing against good possession sides.

I keep stressing he is brilliant and vital to the team but it is a big problem that we don’t have anyone to bring in (or sub on) when he is tired - not his fault (and I want him starting most games) but we need to find a solution.

Again, I love this guy, he is key to our improved football style.

Real Name

Yeah I think he had a bit if an easier time yesterday as we had two thirds of the possession (which he had a big part in of course). He drops off when he has to spend half the time chasing against good possession sides.

I keep stressing he is brilliant and vital to the team but it is a big problem that we don’t have anyone to bring in (or sub on) when he is tired - not his fault (and I want him starting most games) but we need to find a solution.

Again, I love this guy, he is key to our improved football style.
He should get a 10 day rest now, till Palace game.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Interesting as I thought the opposite. I would’ve said he was our motm first half, absolutely bossed it. But then it seems to be a common trend with him where when he gets knackered he loses his composure and starts giving away cheap passes.
Nice username btw:D
He tends to drop of towards the end of the first half and a little earlier in the second. Which happened last night. He was different class for the first 30-40 minutes.

Zico1982

Yesterday was Eriksens 10th appearance in the last five weeks. Some commentator said that he is the united player with the most games this season. Makes you think about why he looks knackered. It seems as if ETH refuses to play without him. That cannot go on forever. We need an alternative asap.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Yesterday was Eriksens 10th appearance in the last five weeks. Some commentator said that he is the united player with the most games this season. Makes you think about why he looks knackered. It seems as if ETH refuses to play without him. That cannot go on forever. We need an alternative asap.
Looking knackered is his natural state, though he should get the next week off to recharge a bit

Sylar

It's crazy that his heart issues were less than two years ago. Amazing stuff taken into consideration

I can see him playing v reading for a half, then hopefully rest in the semi second leg, then used for the palace / Leeds games

criticalanalysis

It's crazy that his heart issues were less than two years ago. Amazing stuff taken into consideration

I can see him playing v reading for a half, then hopefully rest in the semi second leg, then used for the palace / Leeds games
He said he wanted to come here to play football and just get on with it. He's certainly getting his fair share of minutes :lol: :devil: Probably more than he had thought himself I'd guess.

Such a classy player.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Can't even imagine how our season goes without him in midfield. Good player with great attitude.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Can't even imagine how our season goes without him in midfield. Good player with great attitude.
Yeah, apart from Casemiro, I can't think of another player's loss who would make our season come off the rails quicker. At least we have backups of a good level for the likes of Rashford and the CBs.

While Fred has his uses, Eriksen is the only CM we have who can really do anything with the ball, and I feel like a lot of those odd goal wins against the lower table sides could easily have been draws or worse without him.

croadyman

He tends to drop of towards the end of the first half and a little earlier in the second. Which happened last night. He was different class for the first 30-40 minutes.
Yeah this is the exact reason we need a CM partner for Casa,however would also like us to pick up Tielemans/Aouar on a free in the summer

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah, apart from Casemiro, I can't think of another player's loss who would make our season come off the rails quicker. At least we have backups of a good level for the likes of Rashford and the CBs.

While Fred has his uses, Eriksen is the only CM we have who can really do anything with the ball, and I feel like a lot of those odd goal wins against the lower table sides could easily have been draws or worse without him.
Just slot and fit in right away in EtH's system like a stretchy underwear. He's an integral part of United being feared again. We'd have far more goals if we had very good striker, with the amount of chances he and Bruno (also Case) created.

Sylar

We should be ok without him next few matches. Hopefully precaution but it's never good to seem was surprised he played today ahead of Fred, but assuming it was because the mid week will see major changes

acnumber9

No idea how any ref can watch that tackle by Carroll and come to the conclusion it didn’t deserve at least a booking.

Status
Not open for further replies.