Squad Number: TBC
Foot: Right
Player Agent: The Talents Sportsmanagement
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2025
Outfitter: Nike​

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Can't wait to see him pinging passes, hopefully we will see the best version of him.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm absolutely over the moon with this signing

He will be brilliant for us I've no doubt.

Mcking

He should get a starting place by default, until he gives a reason to drop or move him imo.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Love this signing as well, if he takes some of the creative burden off of Bruno, he is an expert at finding runners/runs in behind. Just as comfortable creating against a low block as he is moving quickly in transition. Great bit of business.

mu4c_20le

It's rare to see a player so universally loved. Welcome to Old Trafford

Trex

Eriksen, Bruno and Sancho would ensure there's enough service this season.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Looked class straight away. Could easily have had two assists from the cross that either Elanga or Rashford should have got to and the Maguire sitter.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He has that vibe that looks as if he has more time on the ball than everyone else. Let's see if that is still visible in EPL.

I don't see Eriksen as a backup to Bruno, I think it will be the other way round.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I am going to disagree with the consensus. I thought Eriksen looked like a player who had just started his preseason. I didn't see anything like what I know he could do. Few nice passes, few loose ones. Definitely see the potential of what he could bring but I wasn't that impressed today.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I am going to disagree with the consensus. I thought Eriksen looked like a player who had just started his preseason. I didn't see anything like what I know he could do. Few nice passes, few loose ones. Definitely see the potential of what he could bring but I wasn't that impressed today.
He should have had 2 assists today. If that’s him rusty, I feel for the league when he’s up and running. Him feeding ronaldo will be a sight to behold.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I guess it depends on what do you expect from Eriksen.
I think he'll be doing just that- good at keeping the ball, beating the press and creating space by excellent passing. I don't expect him to run games.

The United

He has that vibe that looks as if he has more time on the ball than everyone else. Let's see if that is still visible in EPL.

I don't see Eriksen as a backup to Bruno, I think it will be the other way round.
Why do they have to be a backup for each?

I have a feeling that playing them as two no. 8 in a 4 3 3 eventually for most games is the plan.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Think people forget this guy helped Alli get 20 goals a season and probably provided half the assists for Kane.

Guy is awesome on the ball.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Put 2 on a plate today. Its a shame those he's playing with are largely incompetent.

SamVimes

In current form he starts over Bruno for me. Although if we get FDJ, a midfield three of him, FDJ and Bruno would be something. We just need a ruthless striker to finish off all the chances.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Why do they have to be a backup for each?

I have a feeling that playing them as two no. 8 in a 4 3 3 eventually for most games is the plan.
We don't have a player who can play at the base. This might happen occasionally, but we need a solid midfield because both Bruno and Eriksen are weak defensively. Is de Jong able to play that role without support from another midfielder? I seriously doubt it.
In most games it will probably be one or another, unless we will try to shift Bruno up front or to the wing (actually might be true if we're one injury away from playing Elanga).

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I fecking love seeing him play for us. One of the few real men who acts like he means it. Sick and tired of petulant children we have been attracting in the latest years. More characters like him, please.

flappyjay

We don't have a player who can play at the base. This might happen occasionally, but we need a solid midfield because both Bruno and Eriksen are weak defensively. Is de Jong able to play that role without support from another midfielder? I seriously doubt it.
In most games it will probably be one or another, unless we will try to shift Bruno up front or to the wing (actually might be true if we're one injury away from playing Elanga).
They can only play together with one of them playing from outwide. I think we will see both of them in midfield when we are chasing a goal in the last 15-20 minutes.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
In current form he starts over Bruno for me. Although if we get FDJ, a midfield three of him, FDJ and Bruno would be something. We just need a ruthless striker to finish off all the chances.
Imagine Eriksen feeding Ronaldo (If we manage to not lose CR7)

Borys

Statistics Wizard
They can only play together with one of them playing from outwide. I think we will see both of them in midfield when we are chasing a goal in the last 15-20 minutes.
For sure it will happen every now and then, depending on other attackers availability.
I just don't think them both on the pitch will be considered as "starting setup" scenario. It worked with Pogba because he was actually quite effective out wide and did decent job defensively. I don't see any banefit of playing Bruno/Eriksen from the wide. It should happen only if we have no other options (certainly looks very possible with current squad).

akn2804

Third best player in the squad to Ronaldo and Sancho. He makes things happen.

AndyMUFC

He's a proper footballer. Has similarities to Scholes in terms of passing range and always looking like he's got more time on the ball than other players. Hope to see him again tomorrow.

CM10

His pass for the Elanga chance deserved a better finish, same for the corner he put right on Maguire's head.

That's the kind of final ball we didn't really have last season. If we can get De Jong in as well to sort out the build up we should create a lot of chances this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.