Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Given the amount of gametime we clearly plan on wringing out of him this season he was a good pick up on a free transfer.

automaticflare

I think he goes up a notch when he plays with Casimero.
Plays such a simple game in the role he is being asked to play but is very effective at it. Surrounded by Casimero deep and Anthony long I think he gets even better.

a proper center forward like Kane and eriksen looks world class because his passing is ver y good

NoPace

He wouldn't start Arsenal game anyway. This game will be too tight and intense.
I'd still rather see him start and play for an hour then McTominay. Eriksen gets beat more in 1 on 1s (especially in 2nd halves where he's gassed), but his positioning defensively is better. There were 3-4 times tonight that McTominay just didn't notice a Leicester midfielder was slightly ahead of him and available for a pass. Didn't see that once from Eriksen.

MattofManchester

He always has a great first half, but he seems to run out of steam in the second.

I don't think we can rely on him for the pace we play at for a full 90.

Reyoji-Utd

He really not faded in the 2nd half because the team as a whole is losing a bit of control compare to first half.

Beside he got push up next to Ronaldo when Casemiro came in and that itself, he wouldnt be able to control the midfield like 1st half.

afatzp

On one side, we can tell how quality Eriksen is as a player ; just compare him with Bruno side by side, his passes are almost always spot on or at least you can tell the failed passes make sense to try , while Bruno's passes lack of consistency and receivers always have to adjust slightly to get on the balls and therefore miss the chances to handle them right away , not to mention that Bruno could sometime make those totally no-sense passes which land to nowhere.
On the other side, the team are not yet fully connected and we still lose too many passes which demand Eriksen to cover much grounds to recover the balls. Therefore we generally saw him dropping intensity in mid 2nd half . All in all, we may have to at least drop either Bruno or Rashford who I considered the roots of losing balls , otherwise we will consistently see Eriksen drop form in 2nd half .

The White Pele

He’s getting into some really good goal scoring positions. He’s unlucky not to have a couple of goals to his name already. A matter of time

Marwood

Another player should have signed in his prime, especially after he bossed us playing for Ajax.

A proper footballer.

ROFLUTION

On one side, we can tell how quality Eriksen is as a player ; just compare him with Bruno side by side, his passes are almost always spot on or at least you can tell the failed passes make sense to try , while Bruno's passes lack of consistency and receivers always have to adjust slightly to get on the balls and therefore miss the chances to handle them right away , not to mention that Bruno could sometime make those totally no-sense passes which land to nowhere.
On the other side, the team are not yet fully connected and we still lose too many passes which demand Eriksen to cover much grounds to recover the balls. Therefore we generally saw him dropping intensity in mid 2nd half . All in all, we may have to at least drop either Bruno or Rashford who I considered the roots of losing balls , otherwise we will consistently see Eriksen drop form in 2nd half .
I agree, its why City and Pool are better over 90 minutes too. Have to say Bruno looked more knackered than Eriksen last night at the end of the game.

The great thing about Eriksen is his off the ball movement however. He’s improved this a lot on his older days defensively. No way Pogba would have backed up Malacia as much.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
I think the plan is to rely on him until we get Frenkie. Then we dont have to rely on him so much. His impact is instant and we let him go to Inter after Spurs. Just how stupid that was.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Eriksen's seven ball recoveries is perhaps the stat that sticks out most. To me, he's an attacking midfielder. I was worried about him getting swallowed up playing in the heart of midfield. However, he's battled well and held his own.

He's still not hit the absolute heights for me. However, he is developing his understanding with the players around him. I think him and Bruno are getting to know each other's games well. You saw last night that Eriksen held Bruno went and vice versa. Good signs for the future.

I think the plan is to rely on him until we get Frenkie. Then we dont have to rely on him so much. His impact is instant and we let him go to Inter after Spurs. Just how stupid that was.
This makes sense and, to some extent, our season will probably depend on how well Eriksen does as our deep playmaker. So far so good. Hope his upward trajectory continues.

KeanoMagicHat

He’s an excellent pick up for a free transfer. Does the technical basics very well, reliable.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Only 'complaint' I have is that he has an air of absolutely not giving a feck. Think it's just his style, but he always looks like he couldn't care less

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
The guy has slotted in beautifully. Such a cool influence and keeps our midfield ticking over in a manner unlike we've become accustomed to. Great signing and will be really useful. Elevates players around him with his passing.

I thought it was risky bringing him back to the PL but he's fitted into the team so well. He's one of those players you can't switch off to because he can turn in an instant and play a dangerous ball from nothing. He did it a few times against Leicester as they left acres of space between defence and midfield.

ROFLUTION

Only 'complaint' I have is that he has an air of absolutely not giving a feck. Think it's just his style, but he always looks like he couldn't care less
That's probably just his face. His actions doesnt signal not giving a feck - never one to throw his arms up when annoyed or walk around lazily like Berbatov. A really small complaint anyhow.

SambaBoy

Only managed to catch the second half last night but thought he looked way off the pace.

Then towards the end of the game, he was named MOM so I'm presuming he was on fire first half or just another poor choice by the pundits?

Lyng

Only managed to catch the second half last night but thought he looked way off the pace.

Then towards the end of the game, he was named MOM so I'm presuming he was on fire first half or just another poor choice by the pundits?
He was very good in the first half. Much like Sancho his fitness is a worry

OmarUnited4ever

He needs movements around him, he is not gonna go on a mazy run from deep with the ball, if he was playing in the AM role, he would come deep or go wide and mix it up.

But overall, he was good, not MOTM for me, but nonetheless he was good and very composed on the ball, which we really need in these games.

Scottynaldinho

I don't think those criticizing him realize he's the one dictating the style and speed of play. Which, to few, look like just ball recycling and thus boring.

Our Kroos.:drool:

KeanoMagicHat

He was excellent in the first half, which has been the trend this season bar the Brentford game, strong first half, hanging on the second half (maybe fitness issues).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't think those criticizing him realize he's the one dictating the style and speed of play. Which, to few, look like just ball recycling and thus boring.
Exactly. He plays clever passes that ward off the opponents press and retain possesion. It's not blockbuster stuff but absolutely crucial. No chance I'd drop him as some are suggesting.

Jcrossley94

Two things - 1. he controlled the game in the first half, was excellent in and out of posession - took the ball off of the defence and progressed it forwards every time
2. dont think there were too many other great individual performances that would have warranted it

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't know if his lack of stamina is the main problem, he's really slow even in the first half. He plays his role quite good, but he's being found out when United get tired in general and he looks even worse.

Overall he's been good so far.

Jcrossley94

I don't know if his lack of stamina is the main problem, he's really slow even in the first half. He plays his role quite good, but he's being found out when United get tired in general and he looks even worse.

Just going to leave this here

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

As with all of our players, the fitness to keep the intensity up over 90 mins will come over time.

Sylar

IM surprised hes being used nearly every minute. He looks like a shrewd free signing so far given how much hes being used.

Pronewbie

Peep
He played in 4 different positions yesterday and was tasked in the 1st half to build up the play from our box to creating and finishing chances in theirs. Of course he’s going to tire out by the 60th minute. Goes to show how much the manager appreciates his intelligence and passing ability.

Mailo

If my memory serves me well, in his younger days he always ran around 13-14 kilometers a game

Skills

Snitch
If my memory serves me well, in his younger days he always ran around 13-14 kilometers a game
He was putting in quite high numbers at Brentford too I believe. He's another player who's had feck all pre season though.

He was a free agent for most of it. He's basically a week ahead of Ronaldo

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Proving to be a really important and versatile player so far. Very classy.

flappyjay

Our Kroos.:drool:
A lot of times midfielders who dictate play go under the rader and people notice their absence when they are not on the field.

Pronewbie

Peep
I just skimmed through the 1st half of the Leicester game (free on the Man Utd app) and he was the one helping us to progress out of tricky situations in midfield with his awareness and passing. Last season we would have given the ball away in dangerous areas, so I’m really grateful that he starts in the double pivot. I think someone shared that McT makes fewer passes now, and I’d say the reduced passing requirements and Eriksen’s ability to bring the ball forward is the reason why McT looks So much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.