Christian Eriksen has left Old Trafford on crutches

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I think we all agree that United are a much better team now than they were 6 months ago, now why is that?

1. They've been coached to play a certain way
2. Everyone knows what their job is and what everyone else's is

As a result they play as a team, and part of that is that they now know what their team mates will do in certain situations, change the team mates some of that cohesion is lost, we're not good enough in midfield to allow that yet

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He's been decent so far but his passing ability is really overstated, He misplaced a lot of long passes and noone even cares, would look different in Fred thread, same with Casemiro, only when he loses the ball many times in the row the critique comes.

Don!t really mind Eriksen as a squad player, but he really shouldn't play the high intensity matches, it's a copy paste situation with Matic who's overall ability was slighlty better than other player's in his position but his lack of defending quality and mobility in general made him unusable in dynamic games..

If Eriksen or Matic before had time they could find a killer pass or dribble out well but that's not what they get very often at the elite level anymore. That's the reason why I would prefer Fred, especially in this kind of form. he moves the ball much quicker than the two as well, and always look for a forward pass in the first split second only to play a quick pass right after if not quick options occur.

I think we will see a slight improvement with All portuguese speaking midfield now, higher intensity better front foot play and pressing from the front. We have seen goals and creativity can come from all players, Rashford, Antony, Bruno, Case, Fred and Werghorst as well..

Speedy recovery to Christian, he will be needed later in the season but hopefully Fred will get his run of games he deserves and not be inexplicably benched after a couple MOTM performances..

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I think we all agree that United are a much better team now than they were 6 months ago, now why is that?

1. They've been coached to play a certain way
2. Everyone knows what their job is and what everyone else's is

As a result they play as a team, and part of that is that they now know what their team mates will do in certain situations, change the team mates some of that cohesion is lost, we're not good enough in midfield to allow that yet
Shouldn't easier and less important games be used for squad players to get in tune with their role when required then?

If we can't do without Eriksen against Reading we're in big trouble for the next few weeks without him.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Shouldn't easier and less important games be used for squad players to get in tune with their role when required then?

If we can't do without Eriksen against Reading we're in big trouble for the next few weeks without him.
Maybe the manager doesn't regard them as easier and less important

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Moaning about an injury is stupid. Every single minute of every game he plays he could get injured. The only reasonable criticism if picked up a muscle injury due to fatigue. The manager knows how tired the players are and obviously thought he could play an hour. Which he could have.
In fairness, cup ties are notorious for having more thuggery and terrible refs.

Issue is, if you then rest all your good players the thugs get exactly what they want.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You think? You demonstrate this point rather well yourself.
Oh, you are smart. Your one-line prepubescent response really makes for an iron-clad argument

Trex

Which is worrying.
People should understand that Casemiro and Eriksen were bought for a reason. Because the famous Mcfred duo is by far the worst midfield duo I've seen at a top side ever. Knowing ETH footballing ideals they don't even fit. We're still some way to go in building a side that fully fits ETH vision. I doubt either will be here come 2025/26 season, unless we're bought by someone with very tight fists.

lex talionis

Losing Eriksen for however long it may be is a blow, but out of this may come a surprise turn of events for the better. An insane case in point is the San Francisco 49ers, whose THIRD STRING QB, Brock Purdy, was thrust into the lions' den after the Niners' first two QBs, Trey Lance and Jimmy Garoppolo, went out with severe injuries. Purdy has, to put it mildly, exceeded all reasonable expectations and has led his team to the NFC Championship Game today. Could Hannibal Mejbri, who I believe can be recalled now, be our Brock Purdy?

Leftback99

People should understand that Casemiro and Eriksen were bought for a reason. Because the famous Mcfred duo is by far the worst midfield duo I've seen at a top side ever. Knowing ETH footballing ideals they don't even fit. We're still some way to go in building a side that fully fits ETH vision. I doubt either will be here come 2025/26 season, unless we're bought by someone with very tight fists.
People should understand that Fred is a fine squad player who has started some of our best results this season.

Marzo

The way the team is playing now, I don’t think any player wants to rest a game, you try telling Bruno he is rested for the next game, and how do you think he will react ?
I am sure the training level is adjusted around the matches accordingly, and as Ten Hag says, he prefers the matches as improving the team.

roseguy64

The tackle was awful. The ref knew it, too, because he booked Carroll for that innocuous push on Malacia a few minutes later. Shithouse.

People will see just how important Eriksen is to Ten Hag’s way of playing if this is a long absence. He needs reinforcements.
He literally ran straight into Malacia. That was a clear yellow.

Trex

People should understand that Fred is a fine squad player who has started some of our best results this season.
You are a manager, you have two fixtures both at home. You have the option to pick amongst these players.
1. Reading: a championship team who would sit deep, soak pressure and try to nip it somehow. As seen by our first goal clever passing was what open the floodgates
2. Forest: already 3-0 down so have to go for it. Meaning more running chasing opposition and more direct attacks.
Which game suit Fred and which suit Eriksen.

Leftback99

You are a manager, you have two fixtures both at home. You have the option to pick amongst these players.
1. Reading: a championship team who would sit deep, soak pressure and try to nip it somehow. As seen by our first goal clever passing was what open the floodgates
2. Forest: already 3-0 down so have to go for it. Meaning more running chasing opposition and more direct attacks.
Which game suit Fred and which suit Eriksen.
I'd play Fred or others in both. Have Eriksen on the bench if we need him which we shouldn't.

Hughie77

1 plus Eriksen played on after the Nasty tackle from Carrol which imo should have seen yellow he got booked for another 2 you could see he was going to injure someone.
The wait for 24 hrs his ankle is probably swollen a lot , if its just a sprain or impact injure it should be a week or two , just hope it's not broken or bone chip , fracture not hopefully. Let's just wait

Mr PG

I love ETH but he was wrong to play Casemiro Vs Palace (and even leave him on too long)...took needless chance and he was wrong to start Eriksen vs Reading..whether or not the injury is serious...simple.

Remember the geese

I love ETH but he was wrong to play Casemiro Vs Palace (and even leave him on too long)...took needless chance and he was wrong to start Eriksen vs Reading..whether or not the injury is serious...simple.
Wrong to lose against Brighton, Brentford, City, Aston Villa and Arsenal also.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Losing Eriksen for however long it may be is a blow, but out of this may come a surprise turn of events for the better. An insane case in point is the San Francisco 49ers, whose THIRD STRING QB, Brock Purdy, was thrust into the lions' den after the Niners' first two QBs, Trey Lance and Jimmy Garoppolo, went out with severe injuries. Purdy has, to put it mildly, exceeded all reasonable expectations and has led his team to the NFC Championship Game today. Could Hannibal Mejbri, who I believe can be recalled now, be our Brock Purdy?
I love your optimism, but no not yet

ForeverRed1

If Eriksen had of gone down and made more of a scene he would have got booked for that challenge. He got up and played on.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Would genuinely much rather try a youngster (Mejbri or Mainoo, or is Mainoo's best role deeper?)
Mejbri is out on loan and Mainoo isn't ready for the PL yet, I haven't seen enough of the latter but I think he's more of a deep player

RuudTom83

Do you not think we need someone better on the ball than Fred,we are making big mistake not trying to do a foreign CM loan
For a few games Fred is fine.

For a team challenging for 4th place with a 5-6 point advantage over 5th place Fred is fine.

For a team wanting to win the league Fred will come up short but I wouldn't be to worried this season unless United had to cope without Eriksen and Casemiro (touch wood)

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't think it's fair to blame ETH for this because if not Eriksen, then Caroll takes out a different player.
That said, it is more likely to see that kind of behaviour playing against a Championship side that has nothing to lose than in any EPL game, so there's that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This thread :lol:
It's good that we're back to cruising through cup ties again and the moans are stupid ones.

It wasn't that long ago we were struggling to score against lower league opponents at home.