Christian Eriksen has left Old Trafford on crutches

Stadjer

Wrong to lose against Brighton, Brentford, City, Aston Villa and Arsenal also.
Yes i agree, add the recent draw against Palace to the list of mistakes and it is fairly clear Erik ten Hag is losing it. He needs to be sacked before he drags the whole club down with him. Maybe its possible to sell ETH to Ajax....

not even the strangest post in here

git_united

Hope he’s not out long because we need the numbers but tbh I prefer Fred partnering Casemiro anyway, particularly against stronger midfields. Eriksen keeps us ticking and recycles way better but I’m a big fan of Fred’s counter-pressing.

croadyman

Hope he’s not out long because we need the numbers but tbh I prefer Fred partnering Casemiro anyway, particularly against stronger midfields. Eriksen keeps us ticking and recycles way better but I’m a big fan of Fred’s counter-pressing.
Where is the creativity though

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Technically if he didn't play at all vs Reading, he would be fresher and have less wear and tear, less match load so no, he wouldn't be as likely to get injured in the next game.

And higher level players generally know how to tackle better than lower level players, so again, less likely to get injured though still possible.

You guys act as if people who call for some rotation are being dramatic and that nobody does it. When in fact, every single manager who comes to the premier league has learned they have to do it. I promise you if Sir Alex, Klopp, Pep and now Arteta know they have to do it, Ten Hag will eventually learn he has to do it as well.
Would we have won without Eriksen?
That's the question that needs to be asked.

Considering he's the player that everything goes through it's a very valid question.

Champ

Top 4 isn't a trophy though. If we end up with no trophies then surely he's got it wrong, by your own words he want's a trophy. We've got two fecking hard games against Barcelona coming up with a potential final against Newcastle directly after our Barca home game. This was a decent chance to rest a few players ultimately and Ten Hag decided not too, we'll only know how much damage all this was cause in the coming weeks. It's a lets wait and see brief. I will be staggered if we aren't running on empty by the time the league cup final comes.
You've said it yourself, we will only know if EtH has got it wrong In the future....

So why fecking moan about it now?!?!?!?!

If we get top four this season then EtH would have reached the bare minimum, a domestic trophy and top four above expectations, two domestic trophies and top four incredible.

You dont know what a team is capable of unless you try, might as well fecking try rather than claiming they can't fecking do it.
Have some fecking faith in the manager for feck sake.

glasgow 21

Top 4 isn't a trophy though. If we end up with no trophies then surely he's got it wrong, by your own words he want's a trophy. We've got two fecking hard games against Barcelona coming up with a potential final against Newcastle directly after our Barca home game. This was a decent chance to rest a few players ultimately and Ten Hag decided not too, we'll only know how much damage all this was cause in the coming weeks. It's a lets wait and see brief. I will be staggered if we aren't running on empty by the time the league cup final comes.
Are you one of these Instant gratification brigade take a look in the mirror. He took over a squad that was in tatters and would have struggled against a pub team. Now after a few weeks top 4 isn't worthy. Listen get the "ten hag out" banners ready if you haven't already. Sure he is going to make mistakes in the next few months so best get rid off now. Are you actual fans . Reading some of these posts is like a scene from the Life of Brian "Yeah, but what have the romans done for us"

Last edited:

lex talionis

I love your optimism, but no not yet
Probably not yet, but our options are not abundant. We have Fred and his minutes should significantly increase, but after that our roster is thin. It may be best to give Mejbri a chance to step up when Fred must step off.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Probably not yet, but our options are not abundant. We have Fred and his minutes should significantly increase, but after that our roster is thin. It may be best to give Mejbri a chance to step up when Fred must step off.
2 things wrong here, Mejbri is at Birmingham on loan and an English football team does not have a roster

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
You've said it yourself, we will only know if EtH has got it wrong In the future....

So why fecking moan about it now?!?!?!?!

If we get top four this season then EtH would have reached the bare minimum, a domestic trophy and top four above expectations, two domestic trophies and top four incredible.

You dont know what a team is capable of unless you try, might as well fecking try rather than claiming they can't fecking do it.
Have some fecking faith in the manager for feck sake.
It's a forum, people are entitled to their opinion. You may think it's moaning, personally I don't. You can be critical and not be moaning.

This weird obsession some people have of blindly following our Managers is odd. They're human and can get things wrong too.

Feel free to say I told you if we get through the next 30 days with no problems.

Nicolarra90

If there's a silver lining here, look how happy it's made all the crew who were horrified that Ten Hag, the naive fool, put out a decent side in a mickey mouse, tin pot cup like this.
You have to love the top 4 wankers.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would we have won without Eriksen?
That's the question that needs to be asked.

Considering he's the player that everything goes through it's a very valid question.
Would we have beaten Reading with Fred in for Eriksen?

Yes. Come on. Obviously. They are shite. We had almost 80% possession in the game. We didn't need to play Eriksen vs them, and the guy who replaced him also got a goal and assist for whatever that's worth. We probably would've won with mass rotation, let alone playing Fred in for Eriksen where it is certainly arguable that there is not a big drop off (certain aspects yes, other aspects no). I'm more confident in big games if Fred is in for Eriksen, so yeah I'm not too worried about a bottom half championship side managed by Ince.

Nicolarra90

Would we have beaten Reading with Fred in for Eriksen?

Yes. Come on. Obviously. They are shite. We had almost 80% possession in the game. We didn't need to play Eriksen vs them, and the guy who replaced him also got a goal and assist for whatever that's worth. We probably would've won with mass rotation, let alone playing Fred in for Eriksen where it is certainly arguable that there is not a big drop off (certain aspects yes, other aspects no). I'm more confident in big games if Fred is in for Eriksen, so yeah I'm not too worried about a bottom half championship side managed by Ince.
Probably, but now we'd have Fred injured and it would've been the same or worse than now as we can't see games out with Eriksen as in the 65th minute we've already lost the midfield.

Assuming Fred wouldn't be injured if he played is just as random as Eriksen's injury itself.

If we played Mainoo or Iqbal we'd probably have had to sub Eriksen in in the 60th minute after being 2-0 down.

NoPace

We need to be setting up a loan, even if it's for 3-4M higher than a loan fee should be, in case we need to pull the trigger. We could easily slip out of the top 4 with no Eriksen, even if he's only out for a month.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
Oh no. How are we gonna manage without 1073 backpasses to the CB's for 90 minutes?

OmarUnited4ever

I don't like McTominay playing for us, Fred is okayish and suits certain games (vs City for example) but I rather see Eriksen & Cas start every game, I do not think we are in a stage where we can easily mass rotate, yes it is a shite Reading, but we lost to shite teams before, so I appreciate Ten Hag going almost full strength especially in midfield where we are the weakest in terms of backup options, the gulf in quality is too big to rotate.

Hope that is not a serious injury for Eriksen.

Champ

It's a forum, people are entitled to their opinion. You may think it's moaning, personally I don't. You can be critical and not be moaning.

This weird obsession some people have of blindly following our Managers is odd. They're human and can get things wrong too.

Feel free to say I told you if we get through the next 30 days with no problems.
This weird obsession with criticising the manager for mistakes he hasn't yet made is odd.
So far EtH has barely put a foot wrong, yet people still criticise.

The team is winning, dominating games, and still in every cup competition, but for some reason we need to rotate because people might get injured in a future game of football that hasn't actually happened yet.

Nickelodeon

Criticizing ETH for an injury which isn't fatigue related is downright stupidity. Is he supposed to anticipate that opponents will deliberately injure our players?

These are professional footballers. No harm in having a plan where key players play for 60 mins, win the game and then they rest. Injuries due to bad tackles can happen whether we play once in 3 days or once in 2 weeks.

big_jeffstar

This weird obsession with criticising the manager for mistakes he hasn't yet made is odd.

The team is winning, dominating games, and still in every cup competition, but for some reason we need to rotate because people might get injured in a future game of football that hasn't actually happened yet.
I think he's been incredible really, but let's be honest, we all know that Erikssen can't play every game, for multiple reasons.. so when the games come along where you'd expect him to rest certain players and he chooses not to, i think it's just causing some to question his decisions.. especially when it ends up with someone picking up an injury,
I don't think it helps that Ajax fans often criticised him for not using the squad more

pablo__p

I don't like McTominay playing for us, Fred is okayish and suits certain games (vs City for example) but I rather see Eriksen & Cas start every game, I do not think we are in a stage where we can easily mass rotate, yes it is a shite Reading, but we lost to shite teams before, so I appreciate Ten Hag going almost full strength especially in midfield where we are the weakest in terms of backup options, the gulf in quality is too big to rotate.

Hope that is not a serious injury for Eriksen.
Exactly this.

Abraxas

I think he's been incredible really, but let's be honest, we all know that Erikssen can't play every game, for multiple reasons.. so when the games come along where you'd expect him to rest certain players and he chooses not to, i think it's just causing some to question his decisions.. especially when it ends up with someone picking up an injury,
I don't think it helps that Ajax fans often criticised him for not using the squad more
We have a game coming up against Nottingham Forest where it is natural to pick a weakened side. Reading was a must win game, as simple as that. Even the slight risk of a draw was unacceptable given fixtures and before we assume Reading are easy prior to the match unfolding, we have messed up against the likes of Derby in recent years so every opposition deserves respect. So that means anyone that he played against Reading and planned to rest for Forest had the best part of a week to rest. That is no way near asking a lot of the players.

What he did was absolutely logical, you can't legislate for every occurrence during a random sequence of events during games. If you swim you get wet and if you play football you're getting injuries at some point in a season. You can't just backtrack after the event and be an expert. I'm sure the manager would take that decision back if he could seeing how poor Reading were and what happened but you don't get that luxury.

croadyman

We need to be setting up a loan, even if it's for 3-4M higher than a loan fee should be, in case we need to pull the trigger. We could easily slip out of the top 4 with no Eriksen, even if he's only out for a month.
Yeah precisely but we don't seem to see that

Hester_manc

Eriksen has been among our best this season, and I hope he is back soon. Only Rashford og Casemiro have been better, as I see it.

CallyRed

For the love of baldness can someone find out how long he is out for. Surely some of you lot have contacts.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/do-the-fans-actually-trust-eth.475321/ asks the question - (blowing my own trumpet since I created it)

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
For the love of baldness can someone find out how long he is out for. Surely some of you lot have contacts.
My sources tell me it could be anything between 2 weeks to 6 months