Christian Eriksen | Man Utd player

Oranges038

Club being embarrassing, yet again.

Milking this 30 year old "free transfer" as much as they can, to mask the fact that we've spent naff all so far. Obviously a decent player, yeah, but not exactly groundbreaking or a global superstar; like the club is trying to have you believe. If he didn't recover from Cardiac Arrest, nobody would care about this transfer at all. In fact, the majority of you lot would probably be fecking fuming.
The real embarrassing thing about this transfer is that it wasn't done 10 years ago.

Leethal

The real embarrassing thing about this transfer is that it wasn't done 10 years ago.
Yep. We should be picking up these players in their prime, not at the twilight of their careers. Good signing, regardless, but again, a quick fix to a huge issue (our midfield).

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Milking this 30 year old "free transfer" as much as they can, to mask the fact that we've spent naff all so far. Obviously a decent player, yeah, but not exactly groundbreaking or a global superstar; like the club is trying to have you believe. If he didn't recover from Cardiac Arrest, nobody would care about this transfer at all. In fact, the majority of you lot would probably be fecking fuming.
:lol:

MUnchies

Criticise the post not the poster

E.g. Your post is twat
Wait but it’s ok to call our players idiots, twats, cnuts, fat, turd etc. Or is it because you think they are not on the forums it’s ok.

But have you thought for once our players might have family members on here who read these insults? I’m sure our players have friends, cousins, sisters, brothers, fathers and mothers on here that you will probably not even know.

I am not talking about you in particular it’s just the rule not to insult a forum member but to insult the players is ok.

Blood Mage

I'm sick of the Glazers and their penny pinching too but you're really underselling Eriksen. His technical qualities are unique and we don't really have another player with his set-piece delivery in the squad. Obviously we should riot if we don't see any further signings, but I don't understand getting mad about this one.

mu4c_20le

To be fair, coming back to life seems to have restarted his career. Looked a new man at Brentford

Lewnited

Ah I getcha. You're saying that we're weaker in midfield, so strengthening that position for free is more embarassing.

Only slight problem with your point is that Gerrard left before Milner arrived while Xabi Alonso had been sold some 6 years before that. Otherwise very perceptive.
:lol: :lol:

Skills

Snitch
Ah I getcha. You're saying that we're weaker in midfield, so strengthening that position for free is more embarassing.

Only slight problem with your point is that Gerrard left before Milner arrived while Xabi Alonso had been sold some 6 years before that. Otherwise very perceptive.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

I really missed Gerrard Alonso Milner midfield.

Chief123

He looks depressed. Like he has just realised what he has signed up to.

He’s been told he’ll primarily play at right back this season. And he’s going to have to pay for his own lunches.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How embarrassing. Our new signing scoring against minnows in a behind the doors friendly. Uh utterly, utterly embarrassing.

Embarrassing.
Lisandro isn't playing for United?

Leethal

How embarrassing. Our new signing scoring against minnows in a behind the doors friendly. Uh utterly, utterly embarrassing.

Embarrassing.
Never criticised Eriksen as a player once. Infact, read, I think he's a good player.

Criticised the club.

Leethal

For utterly weird reasons.
It may amaze you. . . that this is a message board for discussion, which is centered around opinionated messages posted by various members of the discussion group.

Just because someone's opinion doesn't align with others, it doesn't necessarily invalidate it. They're entitled to it; just like you are yours.

criticalanalysis

It may amaze you. . . that this is a message board for discussion, which is centered around opinionated messages posted by various members of the discussion group.

Just because someone's opinion doesn't align with others, it doesn't necessarily invalidate it. They're entitled to it; just like you are yours.
All opinions not substantiated by fact are of course subjective. However, if you have many people pointing out a certain opinion is a misguided with balanced reasons, then it's fair to perhaps question that opinion. I mean you could also just chose to ignore it and believe it to be 'right' for you as well but it feels like a isolated hill to die on.

Last edited:

Grande

Ah yes, the players that have been sold... but haven't yet.

No issues with the players brought in, but don't try and make them out to be top class priority signings...when they simply are not.
To attempt a summary:

You have nothing against the three transfers coming in so far, and you are positive about those going out and assumed going out, but the transfer window is a disaster five weeks before it ends?

And the squad is terrible because they came in sixth last season, which means a third and a second the two seasons before were a blip? It could mean you think Solskjær was brilliant to get as much out of a disastrous squad, that’s true.

And Liverpool would never have aquired Milner on a free if thay had not had Xabi Alonso and Steven Gerrard on their books at that point.

There is much to learn from those who have confidence in their own beliefs.

Sid234

Yes! How dare they post their opinions on another opinionated post...

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Many players left United after wearing that number. Big pressure indeed.

Highfather_24

A lot of pressure, let's hope the shirt isn't too heavy for him

I just checked who else has worn this for United, and I'm seeing names like Scholes, Beckham, Giggs, Butt, Robson, Neville etc. Surprising.

Its Cruyff's number after all.

Lyng

Uh, I dunno, maybe sign players that would add real quality? Like the teams around us?

We brought in a left back, when we had two.

We brought in a CB, when we have, like 10.

We brought in a 30 year old free transfer to replace Pogba, Mata, Matic and Lingard. Whilst our midfield was ALREADY a shambles

I genuinely cannot believe how utterly blindsided the lot of you are by the clubs feeble transfer window. I said the exact same shit when we brough Cavani in - and how did he work out for us?

The club is constantly patching issues up with free transfers, or players past their prime, and you lot lap it up.
We brought a left back talent because our back up option is bad and Shaw cannot stay fit for an entire season.
We brought in a CB because the ones we have that stay fit where absolute trash last season. We desperately need a great centerback.
Eriksen can also play in central midfield so he actually fixes several issues. He is a replacement for the aforementioned, he can go in instead of Bruno if he is injured or not playing well, and he can play in central midfield as well. Right now Eriksen can walk straight in and be a massive upgrade on McT. At the same time his corner distribution is leagues above what we have at the moment so we might finally get some use out of Maguire or Varane on corners. And we got him on a free transfer. Its a very smart transfer.

Leethal

All opinions not substantiated by fact are of course subjective. However, if you have many people pointing out a certain opinion is a misguided with balanced reasons, then it's fair to perhaps question that opinion. I mean you could also just chose to ignore it and believe it to be 'right' for you as well but it feels like a isolated hill to die on.
No, you're right.

But, wait, what was my argument again?

Ah, yes, NOTHING to do with the transfers (which is what I'm being crucified on, as people have generated this narrative that I was AGAINST Eriksen's signing, when in fact, I've stated I am for it!)

Where were we?

Ah, yes..... my argument. . .

I argued that the club trying to embellish this signing to try to mask the fact we haven't significantly invested (so far, which I have mentioned many times), is embarrassing and trying to pull the wool over the supporters eyes; by trying to make Eriksen into some demi-god that he is not, by abusing his popularity that was garnered due to his unfortunate cardiac arrest. If Eriksen didn't have the cardiac arrest, and wasn't a popular player due to such, this would still be a decent signing (as he's a significant upgrade still), but, it wouldn't have gathered as much fanfare as it has. Whether people like it or not, his cardiac arrest has turned his football career into a fairytale - rightly, or wrongly - and the club's social media team is lapping it up.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He played 45 mins against Wrexham right?

Do we reckon he can do 60 in either match this weekend?

Same for Martinez

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

I just checked who else has worn this for United, and I'm seeing names like Scholes, Beckham, Giggs, Butt, Robson, Neville etc. Surprising.

Its Cruyff's number after all.
They would have worn it as subs in CL appearances before squad numbers and names on the back of the shirt were a thing in Europe, believe that came in for the 96/97 season because I remember normal 1-11 being used Vs. Rotor Volograd in the 95/96 season.

Scholes was 22 before going to 18
Butt was 19 then 8
Beckham was 24 (I think) then 10 then 7
Robson had one season as 12 (I think) when names and numbers were brought in 1993/94.
Giggs obviously was 11.
Neville was 23 (I think) then 2.

I think that poster you quoted was being sarcastic after it was vacated after Lingard.