Christian Eriksen | Man Utd player

Highfather_24

I think that poster you quoted was being sarcastic after it was vacated after Lingard.
Yeah, I got that, but I still checked to see who else had worn it before Lingard and Chicharito(the ones I have seen wearing that shirt, not counting Tosic).

Didnt know about the rule change ~1995, thanks for that. Makes sense.

GreatDane

No, you're right.

But, wait, what was my argument again?

Ah, yes, NOTHING to do with the transfers (which is what I'm being crucified on, as people have generated this narrative that I was AGAINST Eriksen's signing, when in fact, I've stated I am for it!)

Where were we?

Ah, yes..... my argument. . .

I argued that the club trying to embellish this signing to try to mask the fact we haven't significantly invested (so far, which I have mentioned many times), is embarrassing and trying to pull the wool over the supporters eyes; by trying to make Eriksen into some demi-god that he is not, by abusing his popularity that was garnered due to his unfortunate cardiac arrest. If Eriksen didn't have the cardiac arrest, and wasn't a popular player due to such, this would still be a decent signing (as he's a significant upgrade still), but, it wouldn't have gathered as much fanfare as it has. Whether people like it or not, his cardiac arrest has turned his football career into a fairytale - rightly, or wrongly - and the club's social media team is lapping it up.
Where do you see them trying to do that?
I've seen an introduction and welcome like every other new signing gets.
You're seeing what you want so you can fit it into your negative stance.

Leethal

Where do you see them trying to do that?
I've seen an introduction and welcome like every other new signing gets.
You're seeing what you want so you can fit it into your negative stance.
There is absolutely the possibility that I'm wound up by the fact we're not addressing our major problems, (without quick-fix bandages), while the other teams around us are strengthening significantly.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Hopefully we can sell him for a few mill next year and then sign someone in their prime. We dont need to carry this one out until his retirement, there should be no sentimental feeling.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Hopefully we can sell him for a few mill next year and then sign someone in their prime. We dont need to carry this one out until his retirement, there should be no sentimental feeling.
How about you wait and actually see what he looks like? :rolleyes:

AdNani

I dont need to because I know hes gonna be very good. But I also know that we don't need to keep him until his performance starts degrading.
What a weird way of looking at it, what if we sell him and he was another 2 'very good' years?

Chief123

After losing Greenwood, Eriksen is arguably our best two footed player at the club now.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Uh, I dunno, maybe sign players that would add real quality? Like the teams around us?

We brought in a left back, when we had two.

We brought in a CB, when we have, like 10.

We brought in a 30 year old free transfer to replace Pogba, Mata, Matic and Lingard. Whilst our midfield was ALREADY a shambles

I genuinely cannot believe how utterly blindsided the lot of you are by the clubs feeble transfer window. I said the exact same shit when we brough Cavani in - and how did he work out for us?

The club is constantly patching issues up with free transfers, or players past their prime, and you lot lap it up.
I’m kind of with you as much as it pains me - I have no issue with any of the players we have signed. However, we’re 8 days away from the season starting, everyone can see midfield and attack were the areas in need of strengthening, the club briefed those were the priority areas, ETH said it in his conference and we’ve done nothing outside of Eriksen on a free. It’s genuinely batshit bonkers. Okay we’re waiting for FDJ - why haven’t we signed at least one forward? Regardless of Ronaldo we need one so where are they?

GreatDane

There is absolutely the possibility that I'm wound up by the fact we're not addressing our major problems, (without quick-fix bandages), while the other teams around us are strengthening significantly.
I get it, I´d like a couple of more signings too.
I like the ones we have already gotten though; we needed some fire and determination defensively which we got in Martínez and we needed some ball control and creativity in the midfield which Eriksen will provide (I think he´ll play deeper than others think). Malacia looks very interesting and Shaw needs a kick up his arse.

But I agree, we are not done yet if we want to be competitive this year.
The De Jong saga is weird but I dont think our club is to blame for that, that´s a catalonian mess - hope it gets resolved sooon as I´m getting bored of it, and we need some new blood in the attack as well.
And even if I dont think anyone expected all our problems would get fixed in the first transfer window, there´s even still 4-5 weeks left of it.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Groan…..

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Not that it matters but I thought he was going to take 18 and play the Scholes role
To be fair, the pull of wearing Jesse Lingard's old number is much stronger than Scholes' number. How many TikTok followers did Scholes have? Exactly.

mu4c_20le

This is actually a myth, plenty of teams are still waiting

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
To be fair, the pull of wearing Jesse Lingard's old number is much stronger than Scholes' number. How many TikTok followers did Scholes have? Exactly.
Scholes can hit a tree from 40-50 yards, can Lingard do that?

Shame Scholes never played with Fellaini, we could have seen Scholes hitting moving tree from 30-40 yards.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
After losing Greenwood, Eriksen is arguably our best two footed player at the club now.
Ronaldo is and it’s not particularly close.
Nope.

Compare and contrast with Ronaldo who’s scored over 3 times as many goals with his right than he has with his left.
Varane is actually the most 2 footed player in the league, only plays 59% of all passes with his stronger right foot. Eriksen is at 76%, Ronaldo is at 84% (fbref).

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I think our season hinges on him being able to play as an 8. We're not going to get far with McT starting week in week out. But he is a classy player, Mata with the legs to play regularly.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I argued that the club trying to embellish this signing to try to mask the fact we haven't significantly invested (so far, which I have mentioned many times), is embarrassing and trying to pull the wool over the supporters eyes; by trying to make Eriksen into some demi-god that he is not, by abusing his popularity that was garnered due to his unfortunate cardiac arrest. If Eriksen didn't have the cardiac arrest, and wasn't a popular player due to such, this would still be a decent signing (as he's a significant upgrade still), but, it wouldn't have gathered as much fanfare as it has. Whether people like it or not, his cardiac arrest has turned his football career into a fairytale - rightly, or wrongly - and the club's social media team is lapping it up.
Can you please point to where they’re hyping him up as a sort of a demigod? Was that in the implied meaning of the keepie uppies video?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Varane maybe too footed but his quality of two footedness is mediocre.
90th percentile for centerbacks with his pass completion... he's good on the ball. He's not a playmaker from the back, but he is good and reliable when fit. His problem is injuries, let's not start saying that he is mediocre because of bad fitness.