Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

George The Best

There's no way Levy would let him come to United.
Yeah have to agree. Only possible scenario I can see is that Levy still needs cash to get Lo Celso, and possibly Fernandes, over the line. Would still need Eriksen to agree, which might be possible as there’s no guarantee he will be snapped up on a free next year, for the sort of money he’d be looking for. We could probably offer a big signing-on fee plus triple his wages. Very unlikely though.

If that were to be the case, big IF, then it would need to happen quickly. Deadline day is no use to Spurs if they need the money to re-invest.

stepic

I mean, it does make a helluva lot of sense for all parties. To all those saying ‘Levy would never sell him to us’, you think he’d prefer to lose out on £50m instead? It’s not like he hasn’t done business with top 4 clubs before (Kyle Walker).

Bojan11

If we can’t get him, why don’t we go for the players Spurs are thinking about replacing him with?

Redcy

I mean, it does make a helluva lot of sense for all parties. To all those saying ‘Levy would never sell him to us’, you think he’d prefer to lose out on £50m instead? It’s not like he hasn’t done business with top 4 clubs before (Kyle Walker).
No but it makes more sense to sell him abroad as the window doesnt close for them.

Gandalf

No but it makes more sense to sell him abroad as the window doesnt close for them.
That is where the player would have to push for the move. If Eriksen told Levy he wanted the move and would run down his contract if he blocked him coming here then that changes things. Cannot see Eriksen doing that though as he has such a good relationship with the club.

BarcaSpurs

His lack of effort during pre season has been a bit of a disgrace. If his attitude doesn't turn around sharpish I'd bench him, can't say I'd be much against letting him go if it meant being able to bring in Lo Celso and Fernandes or something.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If we can’t get him, why don’t we go for the players Spurs are thinking about replacing him with?
I think Lo Celso would do well for us. He’s extremely versatile as well, which would justify a larger fee being spent.

Terminator

+ Top notch passing
+ Wand of a right foot
+ Set piece delivery
+ Hard worker defensively
+ We are not totally fecked if Pogba ever gets injured.
+ PL proven year in year out. Second best AM in the league after KDB IMO.

Too good to be true but if there is a chance, we have to pounce upon it.

Art Vandelay

+ Top notch passing
+ Wand of a right foot
+ Set piece delivery
+ Hard worker defensively
+ We are not totally fecked if Pogba ever gets injured.
+ PL proven year in year out. Second best AM in the league after KDB IMO.

Too good to be true but if there is a chance, we have to pounce upon it.
Couldn't agree more. He'd be an excellent signing for us and easily the best of what's available if we can get him.

AJ Bullet

Class player and always liked him, cant believe we were never in for him when Spurs originally signed him in 2013. Cant see it happening now though.

Tiber

Really like him. But it will take a better source than some no-name Mail Online writer to convince me this is actually on

Crashoutcassius

Basically no source here. It would be a good opportunistic move though. He isnt even 28 until Feb. That said, there are a lot of miles on his legs, I wouldn't want to be getting him next summer.

If Madrid move isn't materialising then this could be his major chance to get paid before his peak is come and gone... clubs getting more wary these days of signing late 20s players given the wage and fee escalation and the difficulty of shifting players

mad1max954

Where too though? Not Barca or real as they don’t have the funds. Juv don’t. PSG if he wants to play against farmers? Bayern.. possibly. The clock is ticking on levy and it’s a real role of the dice if waits for a foreign team. It’s likely he won’t get a penny if he does.

O'Sheady

Really like him. But it will take a better source than some no-name Mail Online writer to convince me this is actually on
Daniel Harris reckons Utd made a bid last week and were likely to go back. So it is not just one source. Might be something in this. Spurs fans moaning that he has played the last couple of games like he wants away.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Quality player of course, but the true reason I'd like to see us sign him is to see Glaston explode.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Daniel Harris reckons Utd made a bid last week and were likely to go back. So it is not just one source. Might be something in this. Spurs fans moaning that he has played the last couple of games like he wants away.
Is that a surprise to them ? He told them as much at the end of last season.

Gasolin

This is BS no? How are we going to play with him exactly? Pogba and Eriksen and McTominay to cover?

O'Sheady

Is that a surprise to them ? He told them as much at the end of last season.
Probably not but fans are going to moan if they think a player isn't trying even in preseason. Alderwierald was being held up as a proper pro as he was putting a shift in apparently. Still point being this might have some legs.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He is a player we could do with alongside a DM. Lingard is currently our best attacking midfielder.
I'd rather play Mata centrally, or just play Gomes. I don't get why we're wasting energy on a luxury signing like Eriksen when we badly need about 4 deeper midfielders and a right winger.

Nick7

This is BS no? How are we going to play with him exactly? Pogba and Eriksen and McTominay to cover?
Yeah. Probably his agent putting this out as a response to the Donny van De Beek to Madrid rumours to try make them get a move on.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If spurs don’t want him - we don’t want him.
With all the bullshit about Ole cherry picking players on merit of character and desire to play for united why would he pick this guy?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
With all the bullshit about Ole cherry picking players on merit of character and desire to play for united why would he pick this guy?
Because we're desperate probably. Still don't think he'll come here anyway, this feels like the typical crap rumour were get at the end of the window when there's no genuine transfer stories to write about us.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Uh .. we do want him. He just won't sign a new contract so we will lose him on a free.

Irrational.

There is no chance Levy would sell to us. He has a strange boner for fighting us tooth and nail for everything. Will be glad when Alderweireld and Eriksen leave on a free soon. Will be a good coup for someone.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Looks like it is Spurs that have let it be known that he is available for £50m.
They know he won’t be signing a new deal, so they can either lose him next summer for nothing, or sell him for a decent fee now while there are replacement(s) on the market in Lo Celso and/or Fernandes.

It makes a lot of sense for all parties - Eriksen earns the kind of salary long overdue for a player of his talent on one of the biggest stages in club football, United finally get a proper playmaker in his prime, Spurs recycle the funds and acquire talented replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.