Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trophy Room

Madrid will snap him in next few weeks for a moderate sum after realizing how shitty their midfield is.

To those who think United can sign him, the minimum that cnut Levy will even start the negotiations is £80-90m from us. We'd be funding the signings of Le Celso along with Bruno and strengthening them massively. That's assuming Eriksen would be willing to come here in the first place. This is an absolute non-starter, next.
Shush Kush.

reddevilz007

I would play Eriksen and Pogba like Man City plays David Silva and de Bruyne as their more offensive midfield.

The Dybala rumors are on and off, but he would be my no 10 / false 9, or a forward in a free flowing front 3 with Rashford and Greenwood (yes, I would take him before Martial).

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Awful post. A champions league team? You are a joker my friend. Spurs have never won the CL or the PL. Go back to bed lad it’s too early for your nonsense.
Why would Erikson leave a Champions League runner-up team to join a team that lost to relegated Huddersfield and Cardiff? :(
Think from his perspective...

SiRed

Would absolutely love us to sign Eriksen.
The biggest problem with our midfield over the last few seasons in my opinion is the amount of touches they all have on the ball before moving it on. Nobody every plays 1 or 2 touch. Look at the best teams and their middle men move the ball quickly and efficiently. Recently we have had Pogba, who likes to try to beat a man before playing his pass, Matic who takes 4 touches to turn with the ball, Fellaini - say no more - and Herrera who was the master of passing back to the center halves.

Eriksen would go a long way to speeding up our defence - attack transitions. Very clever player who is always in space and uses the ball positively more often than not.

My dream signing if i am honest.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I can understand people jumping onto the mupptrain after Dybacle.

No credible sourceals reporting it. Not going to happen lads.

Gasolin

Does anyone have access to this athletic article? What does it say in essence?

slored1

I'll eat my sock if that happens. No chance Levy sells him to us in the last few days.

Lemansky

I have witnessed many transfer rumours supporting Man Utd and this one we can bury at once. It will not happen.

Gungne

From spanish media:
(google translate)

Eriksen: to Madrid or United?
The white club has let him know that it is still an alternative to Pogba. United has almost closed an agreement with the Danish and plans an offer to Tottenham.

The 'Pogba Case' has many actors pending in the world of football. What happens with the Manchester United player at the moment will affect players from other clubs . One of them is Christian Eriksen (27 years old). As AS has learned, from the Bernabéu they maintain regular contact with the Danish environment and last week they relayed the idea that the Tottenham midfielder is still on the Madrid list of possible reinforcements ... if you can not sign Pogba (26),the great request of Zidane and therefore the priority in the offices.

However, Madrid has been eaten by Eriksen by another team very interested in him for months, United . Already at the end of March, at one of the first meetings in Old Trafford to plan next season, Solskjaer put his name on the table. The personal relationship between the red devil coach and Age Hareide , also Norwegian and Eriksen coach in Denmark , is excellent and they have spoken several times about the future of the former and the player together in Manchester. That option is now approaching a fact.

The English club has accelerated in recent days the negotiations with Eriksen: A five - year contract, a salary that would be around Pogba ... The Dane is valuing seriously accept the proposal , convinced by the Manchester project that will arm around him, which would cause Levy to receive a first offer immediately.

I hope the part about Åge Hareide is true. Ole and Åge have a very good relationship, and I have no doubt that Åge Hareide would recommend Eriksen to go to United in stead of Real, despite the fact that Åge Hareide is a City fan.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Aside from money, what would be his motivation to move to us from a footballing perspective?
If Eriksen wanted to come here, it would have to be because he believes in the project and the manager. We have no sporting options to offer Eriksen to outbid our rivals in terms of CL or serie title chances this year, unless Mason Greenwood goes full Ronaldo. (Spoiler: He's not).

I'm going on a bit of a reach, but if Eriksen is at least a little bit interested in this on his end, he might have reached out to Aage Hareide (Denmarks national coach) to enquire about OGS and what type of manager and person he is to work with. Hareide and OGS have a excellent relationship and Hareide will no doubt have recommended OGS highly.

We have also just purchased AWB and Maguire, about to pen De Gea to a 6 year contract, and Pogba looking likely to stay. We have a much stronger first XI than a lot of people think (our issue is depth but more about that in another post). Eriksen might see the sum of it all and see that there is something positive going on here. Manchester United is a huge huge club in the Nordic countries, I can't seem to find what team Eriksen favored as a kid, but there's a chance it was Manchester United (or Liverpool, or Tottenham, I don't know). We have seen players wanting to come here because Manchester United was their team growing up in the past. But this is all far reaching speculation.

Manchester United is still one of the biggest clubs in the world with a gigantic world wide fanbase. It might be that a player cares about this, or it might be completely irrelevant, no doubt that this perspective is wildly different from a fans point of view.

To me Christian Eriksen is one of the finest AM's in football, and I'd be extremely happy if we somehow managed to buy him from Tottenham. The odds of that actually happening seems to be something along the realm of what takes place in Football Manager though. But hey, someone wins the lottery, maybe we do as well.

redpatron

If Fernandes goes to spurs, then they will let Eriksen go.
This and Real Madrid have no money with the low ball Pogba offer. Spurs won’t pay Eriksen his wage demands and levy won’t let him walk for free like Toby. That’s two players he could of sold for large fees.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not a chance in hell Levy would sell Eriksen to us.
I would have said, not unless he first slapped a ridiculous price tag of £100m on his head....
But then, Spurs could take £50m from United, and use that money towards getting Bruno Fernandes or Lo Celso, so that does make me wonder if head could rule the heart on this occasion...

Guapa

Don’t want.Overated.And besides,we’re just being played by Ed & the Glazers,again.

Gasolin

From spanish media:
(google translate)

I hope the part about Åge Hareide is true. Ole and Åge have a very good relationship, and I have no doubt that Åge Hareide would recommend Eriksen to go to United in stead of Real, despite the fact that Åge Hareide is a City fan.
If we want to do that, we have to keep Pogba or we are not progressing. A Pogba / Eriksen creative midfield would force team to not double mark any of those, and could be OK.

Lemansky

It’s true that Ole has an excellent relationship with Hareide (Denmark’s national coach). I don’t see this being very relevant though.

The main issue in a deal like this is getting a bid accepted by Levy that is reasonable for both parties. Imo that won’t happen the last days of this window.

flappyjay

Madrid will snap him in next few weeks for a moderate sum after realizing how shitty their midfield is.

To those who think United can sign him, the minimum that cnut Levy will even start the negotiations is £80-90m from us. We'd be funding the signings of Le Celso along with Bruno and strengthening them massively. That's assuming Eriksen would be willing to come here in the first place. This is an absolute non-starter, next.
For me this year is about making a gap between ourselves and Chelsea/Arsenal. Widen that gap then next year add more quality on rw and forwards to try to close the gap on the rest. 1 step at a time

stepic

why would Eriksen want to join Madrid when they've made it clear to him he's their backup choice? would be pretty pathetic.

enurs

These days it’s all about the money. We will get Eriksen for £65m, Tottenham will get Bruno for £65m and everyone will be happy. It’s business and for Tottenham they can get one player inn that want to play for them and one player out that don’t for the same price and about the same quality OR they can wait and get pocket money + having a player that don’t want to play for them.

I am sure Eriksen wants to play for United. His been in the CL final and don’t care about CL this season, now he wants to have a good time for the remaining 5 years of his professional career + make more money on the way. It’s a done deal, deadline day here we come!

Eddy_JukeZ

If he doesn't sell Eriksen in this window, he won't get anything. Surely Levy would rather take £50-60m to reinvest in the squad, than get nothing next year.
Depends how prideful he is.

Eriksen could just as well join a Prem team next season for free.

MetoTTT

why would Eriksen want to join Madrid when they've made it clear to him he's their backup choice? would be pretty pathetic.
It doesn't matter. He'll start for them. Why Harry came here knowing our first choice CBs were De Ligt and Koulibaly?

Castia

Why would Erikson leave a Champions League runner-up team to join a team that lost to relegated Huddersfield and Cardiff? :(
Think from his perspective...

Fact is Spurs still haven't won a damn thing.

United even at our worst since SAF retired have won multiple trophies. I bet United win a trophy before Spurs do even in our current state.

Fact is Spurs still haven't won a damn thing.

United even at our worst since SAF retired have won multiple trophies. I bet United win a trophy before Spurs do even in our current state.
They have just won the Audi Cup, at least get your facts right :rolleyes::)

Mercurial

Would Levy really take a loss out of stubbornness? They pinch the pennies in every area around Spurs. Not making this sale ammounts to a weekly cost of ~£1m given a transfer fee around £50-60m just to keep 1 season short term. It seem very illogical move on Levy's behalf. They can wisely use that money and get Lo Celso, and lower the risk of disrupting the team harmony. The deal makes sense from a logical standpoint at least. Everyone stand to win unless Eriksen is genuinely aiming for a contract free exit?

foolsgold

Because it's still Madrid and massive wages. and if he makes it there no one will care or remember this fact.

It's like saying, sleeping with a super model as he second choice instead of a run of the mill for is pretty pathetic.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
From spanish media:
(google translate)

Åge is a City fan?
What a disappointment

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
Because it's still Madrid and massive wages. and if he makes it there no one will care or remember this fact.

It's like saying, sleeping with a super model as he second choice instead of a run of the mill for is pretty pathetic.
It's more like getting the Supermodel, but not getting to sleep with her, to be exact.

Would Levy really take a loss out of stubbornness? They pinch the pennies in every area around Spurs. Not making this sale ammounts to a weekly cost of ~£1m given a transfer fee around £50-60m just to keep 1 season short term. It seem very illogical move on Levy's behalf. They can wisely use that money and get Lo Celso, and lower the risk of disrupting the team harmony. The deal makes sense from a logical standpoint at least. Everyone stand to win unless Eriksen is genuinely aiming for a contract free exit?
Levy really isint a petty man, like a lot of people like to paint, he’s a business man.

I highly suspect from his perspective he’s weighing up the fact that he would be strengthening Man Utd and increasing their chances of a top 4 finish at the expense of Spurs - and looking at the financial risk that brings to spurs.

For a player it’s a risk going into the last year of a contract. spurs have Eriksen and Toby leaving for free next summer (as it stands), that’s a big hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.