Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Don't want him, his best days are behind him and we have been declining players pay day for too long. If he wants Real Madrid, good luck with that.

DanClancy

Stay well clear, he has no intention of moving to United and even more so given he'll only have 6 months left on his contract come January and plenty of big clubs will be interested in a player of his calibre on a free. I expect him to sign for Real Madrid come the summer.

Cliche Guevara

Without assuming that I am being negative and more realistic - Would Eriksen who arguably could make a break for another club in a more promising position like Real or Barcelona and Maddison who is himself making great strides and could possibly stay at Leicester and sit in a better position come to a club in decline. We have buying power and we have the logo and tradition, however, unless you were a supporter or want to work on a project like rebuilding Manchester United which I don't believe either would have "it". It could only take a small number of players for our club to turn into a good side on the rise however Leicester and Spurs are in better positions than United are. We personally need to be looking at raw talent with the morals/ticking points needed to make it at Manchester United and I don't believe Eriksen is and I don't believe Maddison will buy into.
Sorry, I know it’s fashionable to shit on the club and all that but how the feck are Spurs and fecking Leicester in better positions as clubs than Manchester United?

flappyjay

Same was said of Sanchez. In my experience, a player looking for a better contract elsewhere elevates his performances to attract better suitors rather than downing tools. This may just be the start of his decline.
Especially when Spurs didn't block any moves for him. So the fact that none of his preferred destinations came knocking should be motivation for better performances to attract their attention but alas he is crap.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I’d love to take him off Spurs’ hands. I don’t believe he’s burnt out at 27 and he’d be the the perfect player to give us some creativety from midfield. And he works like a horse so should be able to handle Klopps’ demands.

flappyjay

Sorry, I know it’s fashionable to shit on the club and all that but how the feck are Spurs and fecking Leicester in better positions as clubs than Manchester United?
Because the league table as it stands shows where everyone will finish.

arthurka

I’d love to take him off Spurs’ hands. I don’t believe he’s burnt out at 27 and he’d be the the perfect player to give us some creativety from midfield. And he works like a horse so should be able to handle Klopps’ demands.
He isn't burned out he is 27.. He is just in his last year and Spurs are in shambles at the moment. Would love to have him.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He's one of the best in the league, if he was interested in coming here, of course you would have him.

But he's already declined us in the summer, so we should move on. It's Bale 2.0.

We should target hungry talented players who have the desire to prove themselves. The likes of Havertz, Odegaard & Olmo would be much more sensible options for us.

Gasolin

It's the new trend to look at the table and shit on the club. Unfortunately, this will not go away as long as we don't have a winning streak. Players and Ole have to do everything to show some momentum right now to counter that negative thought.

theklr

If he would want to come ofcourse we would take him. You guys saying you do not want him must be totally insane.

He would make us a top 4 team immidiately, even if his «best days» are over.

He is not motivated now because of the shit salary he had the last couple of years, while beiing one of the best in the PL at what he does. Nothing wrong with thinking about the future and wanting to be paid the same as others.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
He is not motivated now because of the shit salary he had the last couple of years, while beiing one of the best in the PL at what he does. Nothing wrong with thinking about the future and wanting to be paid the same as others.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with not fulfilling your professional duty as a player and actually showing some fecking effort. He's been offered big contracts but wants even more, which yeah is absolutely is his right to do, but he could at least give the fans one last decent season and focus on now rather than when he leaves. Instead he's decided to amble about and not be arsed, which is an absolutely stinking attitude. Gone from a fan favourite to hated in a very brief amount of time for the way he's conducting himself.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Maybe already in declining at 27 yo

It wouldn’t be the first case in this sense
Yep, I think so. This was my post a little earlier in the year.
One thing I’d note about Eriksen - I get the feeling he’s played an awful lot of football in those legs. I was just doing random appearances searches to see if my hunch was correct; at 27 he’s played over 440~ games (Transfermarkt).

I thought I’d compare with some of his contemporaries, and that’s a good 60 more than Neymar, about 40 more than KDB (a year older), about 100ish more than Pogba, near 100 more than Salah etc.

He presses and covers distance at a high level also.

Is he one that will burn out at 30?

dev1l

One thing I’d note about Eriksen - I get the feeling he’s played an awful lot of football in those legs. I was just doing random appearances searches to see if my hunch was correct; at 27 he’s played over 440~ games (Transfermarkt).

I thought I’d compare with some of his contemporaries, and that’s a good 60 more than Neymar, about 40 more than KDB (a year older), about 100ish more than Pogba, near 100 more than Salah etc.

He presses and covers distance at a high level also.

Is he one that will burn out at 30?
I m.sure he also covered more Ground than all those mentioned.
(I mean running not rolling on the ground. In that case Neymar comes tops :))

dev1l

At 27 yo anyway, free agent, I think it would be a risk zero operation
I m very skeptical about "free" agents. Usually they pretend higher wages and are ready to sacrifice everything for money.

Mainoldo

Needs to change into a deep-line CM and he will blossom again. Hopefully he's interested in the move he could innovate a new United.

Cloud7

For about two summers running he would have been high on my list of players I would definitely want United to sign. Now, not so much. After Sanchez, I’m very wary of players who’s “levels have dropped because they want away” versus actually losing a level or two of performance.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
On his day one of the best playmakers in the PL but maybe his best days are behind him. I’m skeptical.

izec

He surely has another 2 or 3 years left in the tank. The issue is getting him motivated again and up to speed. A lost year takes its toll on anyone, and with a move of scenery, nobody knows how he will adapt. He has to click instantly for the club to pay off. That being said, i dont see him here. I am not sad about it, plenty of top talents running around that people have mentioned here as well.

leges

Considering that Pogba will probably leave this summer, we need a player who is already proven at high levels and Eriksen is one of them, and especially he is unquestionably better than the likes of Fred, Pereira etc. If he returns to his former self he would instantly lift midfield's quality.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
He'd certainly improve United but he's not the type of midfielder you'd need. Him and Pogba in the midfield would not do the dirty work for the team. He'd be a decent replacement if Pogba left but I think you need a genuinely a good, mobile DM with a box to box midfielder to play alongside Pogba/Eriksen who isn't afraid to press and get busy.

AneRu

He surely has another 2 or 3 years left in the tank. The issue is getting him motivated again and up to speed. A lost year takes its toll on anyone, and with a move of scenery, nobody knows how he will adapt. He has to click instantly for the club to pay off. That being said, i dont see him here. I am not sad about it, plenty of top talents running around that people have mentioned here as well.
I agree with all of this, I worry that he will want a 5 +1 year deal and his first years could be acceptable but there is a risk of him deteriorating to Matic/Mata levels of disaster over the last three years.

Would rather we break the bank for someone hunger and hungrier. Havertzy or Maddison, even though I'd like the latter to improve his creativity beyond set pieces and crosses or maybe I am being too harsh?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If there’s any opportunity he’d come we should be all over him. I don’t get the Sanchez comparisons.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He'd certainly improve United but he's not the type of midfielder you'd need. Him and Pogba in the midfield would not do the dirty work for the team. He'd be a decent replacement if Pogba left but I think you need a genuinely a good, mobile DM with a box to box midfielder to play alongside Pogba/Eriksen who isn't afraid to press and get busy.
We've got a good box to box in Mctominay. What we don't have is a top DM or a midfielder who can help to control a game when we need to step up or slow down the pace. Eriksen would be ideal for the latter role.

Bit concerned about his form though. He's either downed tools or is struggling and neither is a good look.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Didn't think I would say this 2 years ago or even last season, but not sure anymore. He should be in his peak now and tearing up the league, last year of contract or not. Something doesn't look right, especially as we absolutely need players with right mentality at this point.

TrustInOle

Could there be any truth in the rumours of strife In camp between Eriksen and Vertonghen? Could explain his drop off in performance.

Allas8

Would be a great pickup, currently it looks like Eriksen is being mismanaged. Usually once a team does well its thanks to the players, but once a team does poorly it comes down to the manager, by the looks of it, the opposite is happening at Tottenham. Their manager really should be drawing circles around Eriksen, claiming that talents like him is the reason for their success, and that he will be a integral part to bringing Tottenham forth another level, but instead, it looks like Eriksen is being made the scapegoat when the team performs badly. So yeah, quality player up for grabs.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
We've got a good box to box in Mctominay. What we don't have is a top DM or a midfielder who can help to control a game when we need to step up or slow down the pace. Eriksen would be ideal for the latter role.

Bit concerned about his form though. He's either downed tools or is struggling and neither is a good look.
Scott's a good shout, he does have the legs for the role of a box to box midfielder. I don't see Eriksen as deep lying midfielder...I don't think you technically need him unless you lost Pogba. Declan Rice or Ndidi would be a better fit in terms of protection of the defence, the ability to press quickly and to cover positions for fullbacks for when they join the attack. Granted Ndidi's and Rice's game isn't geared toward creating more a deeper position like how Pirlo or Scholes used to but they are good at recycling possession and keep the play ticking. Of course they both would require a premium in terms of transfer fees so might not be realistic but personally I feel the main responsibility of a DM to protect the back line and allow his two midfield partners to control and dictate the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.