Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-mal

Scott's a good shout, he does have the legs for the role of a box to box midfielder. I don't see Eriksen as deep lying midfielder...I don't think you technically need him unless you lost Pogba. Declan Rice or Ndidi would be a better fit in terms of protection of the defence, the ability to press quickly and to cover positions for fullbacks for when they join the attack. Granted Ndidi's and Rice's game isn't geared toward creating more a deeper position like how Pirlo or Scholes used to but they are good at recycling possession and keep the play ticking. Of course they both would require a premium in terms of transfer fees so might not be realistic but personally I feel the main responsibility of a DM to protect the back line and allow his two midfield partners to control and dictate the game.
Thomas Partey is the perfect person there. Very strong in defence and technically proficient .

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
Thomas Partey is the perfect person there. Very strong in defence and technically proficient .
Great shout tbf. Someone like him will help protect the back which should be his first responsibility but also good enough on the ball to feed the ball into your more creative players.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
The last time Christian Eriksen created a chance in the Premier League? On 29th September, a 2-1 win against Southampton. Surely that can't be true?

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
How is he still being picked?
Pochettino has his favourites (rightly or wrongly). It was favouritism that meant Lucas Moura was dropped for the UCL final, despite playing a pivotal role in the semis

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He was dreadful this evening. Completely disinterested, performing at about 50% of his ability and slow at doing everything.

Mainoldo

Some guys wanted him over Pogba. What a bottler. Fair enough he wants to go but what a let down. Sometimes when you drop so low in effort you can’t get it back.

The Irish Connection

He’s been shite for a while now. You’d wonder whether players can just switch it on again if it was more of a mental thing with him.

shahzy

All people jumping on his neck are way overboard. He’s still a good player but his disinterested at being there. At the top level of sport you have be interested in giving it your all and that’s when the skill can shine. He doesn’t want to be at Tottenham so he doesn’t try. It’s just normal human behaviour.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Performances for Denmark since September:
2 goals + 1 assist in a a 6-0 win against Gibraltar
Hit the crossbar against Georgia in a 0-0 game. And given a 1/6 rating by Ekstra Bladet
Assist against Switzerland in 1-0 victory
Played 46 minutes in a 4-0 win against Luxembourg

lysglimt

Scout
Before Alexis I still would want him now - but after Alexis … I am not sure. He could be another Alexis-story

lysglimt

Scout
He wants out. This isn't all together surprising. At least he's not "injured" until the window.
Well if you are referring to Pogba - he must be a really good actor as it has been confirmed that he has a cast on.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Will probably be Juventus' next free transfer. They always seem to get these sorts of deals. Or Bayern.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
A thread on Eriksen isn't the place to bash Pogba.
Just going by the vague nature of this injury. Even when fit his performances this season have been no better than what we see from Eriksen, so I'm unsure why people are questioning his worth as a potential transfer.

settembrini

Pochettino's refusal to drop Eriksen has been baffling me for a while.

Why go out on a limb for a player who blatantly isn't trying and doesn't want to play for you.

dev1l

What are you trying to say? He's finished at 27 and his quality he's shown for the last 5 years means nothing?
He doesn't want to play for Spurs and he s showing it. And he s not interested in joining us neither... Why should sign a player who wants to play elsewhere?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Why go out on a limb for a player who blatantly isn't trying and doesn't want to play for you.
It is baffling. He could play N'Dombele further up field or just start Lo Celso ahead of Eriksen. Lamela getting injured has been a big blow as he has replaced Eriksen for much of this season and has done really well.

tenpoless

Buy him when his price is low, there's no way someone is completely fecked at 27 unless if it's due to injuries.

Sanchez is another story, He was a materialistic grandpa when He came here and couldn't even speak English.

Dj Mimo

Supports
Ajax
It's obvious he has been playing with 50% of his abilities. No motivation at all to stay at Spurs I guess. But I'm sure once he goes to another club, he will stand above most midfielders because I am sure of the quality he possess. Kinda weird some united fans saying they don't want him here anymore :lol: . He would be a 100% upgrade to the team.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

He went a few games without playing him and got criticised heavily for it.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What are you trying to say? He's finished at 27 and his quality he's shown for the last 5 years means nothing?
I wouldn't say that the past 5 years mean nothing, but they count for very little.
What matters is how a player is performing NOW, not whether he was terrific 4 years ago, for example.
Sanchez is an example of recruiting players based upon their reputations and their previous exploits, Matic is another.

Eriksen is not finished at 27, but perhaps his peak years are....?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
By? Just get the little shite out of the club.
You can hear it on commentary and half time, and on BBC sport updates etc. That they were missing the creative spark of Eriksen, why is he on the bench etc.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You can hear it on commentary and half time, and on BBC sport updates etc. That they were missing the creative spark of Eriksen, why is he on the bench etc.
Ahhh pundits? No he's been shite for ages now, he wants out and needs to go, don't give a shit if he ends up winning the Ballon d'Or.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ahhh pundits? No he's been shite for ages now, he wants out and needs to go, don't give a shit if he ends up winning the Ballon d'Or.
He has been shite. But what I'm saying is Poch gets trounced on TV when he plays him and when he doesn't.

It's just very easy to say these things from the outside without knowing fully what the dynamic is of the team. Whose fit whose not, whose mind is there whose isn't etc.

Ventura

When people say "he just wants out" to explain his performance, they are merely guessing and we cannot afford to take the risk and hope he'll suddenly be back to normal once he joins. We'd be laughing stock if we end up with another Sanchez. His recent level is the level he has shown he's at now and that's what we should judge by.

edcunited1878

The Eriksen we've seen this season is of no use.
Eriksen still has moments of quality every match. He had a free kick that was a peach of a ball that somehow evaded Sanchez then the Spurs player at the back post. United don't have enough players who can turn around a match in one moment. Eriksen has this quality, no question. More than Mata, more than Lingard, more than Fred and more than Pereria. His mental/emotional state is at question, but it's very clear he needs a new challenge and new voice.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Eriksen still has moments of quality every match. He had a free kick that was a peach of a ball that somehow evaded Sanchez then the Spurs player at the back post. United don't have enough players who can turn around a match in one moment. Eriksen has this quality, no question. More than Mata, more than Lingard, more than Fred and more than Pereria. His mental/emotional state is at question, but it's very clear he needs a new challenge and new voice.
I think we'd get much better value by going after someone else (younger) rather than Eriksen. Just because he'd offer more than Lingard isn't enough. I could offer more than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.