Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

flappyjay

Consistent, hardworker, experience, healthy, and at his peak (27 y.o.).

Season - Goal, Assist, Games
18/19 - 10, 17, 51
17/18 - 14, 13, 47
16/17 - 12, 23, 48
15/16 - 8, 16, 47
14/15 - 12, 5, 48

Most distance covered in km per/90 2018-19 (Prem)

1. Morgan Gibbs-White (Wolves): 13.58
2. James Milner (Liverpool): 12.68
3. Yoshinori Muto (Newcastle): 12.61
4. Dan Gosling (Bournemouth): 12.45
5. Max Meyer (Crystal Palace): 12.31
6. Kevin De Bruyne (Man City): 12.29
7. Christian Eriksen (Spurs): 12.28
8. Andre Gomes (Everton): 12.26
9. Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal): 12.26
10. Ivan Cavaleiro (Wolves): 12.22
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...rs-premier-league-revealed-manchester-united/

this years numbers is what matters

Litch

Nice player but wonder if he's fallen out of love with the game. He's just at that age (like Lingard and others - not comparing their ability) where they are multi millionaires and lost the motivation to be challenged. If the move was suppose to do that, Sanchez should forever be the proof that this isn't always enough. I'd have sooner signed him if Spurs had to play him cause he was firing but equally had to consider selling him because of his contract.

Bestietom

Eriksen is the number 10 we are looking for and if there is a chance that he could come here in January, then we should go for it.

Zoo

I’d take him if he wants to join. But it seems he wants to go to Spain.

GreatDane

Out Pereira, in Eriksen - and it would have been 5-1.

Yes, Im a fellow dane but he would be a great upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamesjimmybyrondean

We shouldn't sign him because we don't need him and he doesn't want us. What we need is to put Pogba back in his free role and sign a deep lying playmaker in January. Pogba is best in his free role and for Christ sake Matic is our only DM

kps88

We shouldn't sign him because we don't need him and he doesn't want us. What we need is to put Pogba back in his free role and sign a deep lying playmaker in January. Pogba is best in his free role and for Christ sake Matic is our only DM
We need both because Pogba will likely be gone in the summer. But I agree we shouldn't sign him if he needs a lot of convincing, which does seem to be the case.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ereksion very good player since his AJAX days. I'd still trade Mata, Lingard, Pereira for him regardless of his form.

Dj Mimo

Supports
Ajax
Can someone please make it clear to me why 90% of the members on this ''English forum'' find it hard to spell 'Eriksen'?

Been reading it spelled wrong for years, thought it was time to make this comment.

Just bring this guy to United please, he is the only reason I watch Tottenham play.

Litch

'We only want players that want to be here.....' unless your names Pogba or you want to sign a player that it's alleged doesn't want to come to us and rather being going in the same direction too....

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Eriksen would be a good signing on a free (provided we don't have to pay a massive signing bonus and/or wages that might disrupt the overall structure). Always thought he would be a good addition to the team because of his passing ability, composure, tactical wherewithal, versatility and set-piece proficiency...however, you get a sense that we might not be getting the best version of him because he has lost a fair bit of the dynamism that helped him evade sticky situations (especially considering he was never the most naturally press-resistant player to begin with...in comparison with a Modrić or Verratti or Silva). Then there's the issue of him seemingly downing tools at Tottenham — would you put it past him to do the same at United? And what effect would that have on a squad that is quite mentally brittle and actively looking for more leaders to set an example? To add, it has been widely reported that he wants to move to Madrid, and would suit Juventus as a Bosman signing because Serie A will be more in line with his athletic profile over the medium term...

All things considered we might be better served targeting more dynamic 10/8s (or registas if Pogba stays because that seems a more coherent and symbiotic partnership). Someone like Ødegaard (who might be expendable at Madrid) is more press-resistant/dynamic, coming along quite nicely at Sociedad and will be a better player going forward than Eriksen while sharing positive characteristics like higher-than-average workrate for an offensive player and eye for the final pass, and Olmo at Zagreb is a better dribbler — crucially, both of them can play in central midfield if need be, aside from the usual free-roaming offensive midfielder or wide attacker role...

Though knowing my spotty record with suggestions/predictions (or plain rotten luck), Eriksen will do exceedingly well just as I stop campaigning for him as a United signing — like Cancelo when he moved to Juventus, Icardi after the summer move to Paris Saint-Germain, etc. :lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
There was a jest in there, by the way, part of the Cafe's obsession with players approaching a certain age and being considered 'past it'.

It didn't translate well given the rest of my post.

Meh.
Real seem to have taken that approach as well. We keep talking about the Galactico route that failed with United. In reality most were already above 27 years of age when they signed with us. Falcao, Valdes, Sanchez, Bastian, Mkhitaryan....etc. The younger ones were either on the decline elsewhere (ex Mata) or they were pushed out and they simply didn't want to come here in the first place (ADM). So in reality they weren't Galacticos at all. Now Eriksen is nearly 28, he is in decline and he refused us in the summer. Those are very valid warning signs.

If you ask me, its all a matter of how much the club is determined to spend next season. If we've got 300m-400m to spend then I'd avoid him like the plague. Its not worth it. If we're working with the usual 70m-120m budget then things change.

reuben290

I'm a big fan of William Carvalho, Portugal and Real Betis DM. Have been ever since I saw him in the 2015 Under-21 Euros!

Litch

I think he's ready for something different than the prem in general and will move abroad. I don't think we should sign someone (if it's true) that has already rejected coming to us, we want people who want to be here and not because financially it makes sense for them, their agent and accountants and their families to move.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Eriksen is nearly 28, he is in decline and he refused us in the summer. Those are very valid warning signs..
This sums up everything that you need to know. Full stop..!

M Bison

Supports
York City
I’d be surprised if we signed him. Seems like a significantly different profile to the sort of player we’re looking for or went for in the summer.

I’d be wary of signing him, as others have said, doesn’t really want to be here and would cost us big wages to bring him in. I’d be nervous of a repeat of the Sanchez episode.

Brophs

The One and Only
He’s clearly a fantastic player and he’d likely improve us no end if he wanted to be here but we shouldn’t be in for him. Not as a punishment for rejecting us in the summer or for any reason of quality but because he made a pretty admirable, honest, footballing and lifestyle decision during the summer that he wanted to try something new i.e. Spain, despite knowing that probably no other club in the world would have paid him as well as we would. That’s completely fair enough and for him to go back on it if those teams didn’t want him would, IMHO, be for the wrong reasons and leave open the distinct possibility that he wouldn’t be motivated by moving to us or even staying in England.

Robertd0803

Would an below par questionable Eriksen be better than what we have now?

Honest question.

Ekeke

I think he'd be worth a try as long as we arent depending on him to turn our season around. But no on current form he isnt an upgrade. No Sanchez wages, no making out like he's the missing piece. He'd just be someone who might be able to find his previous form and become a good starter for us and if thats not good enough for him, then pass.

Havak

Pokemon master
Would an below par questionable Eriksen be better than what we have now?

Honest question.
It depends if he wants to come here, but if Pogba is Madrid bound, I'd be a little surprised if they sign Eriksen as well. Maybe they will?

However, Eirksen has consistently managed 20+ goals/assists combined for many-a-season now. I'm not sure if Andreas, Mata, and Lingard have even done this combined in a season for us before... I'm sure Eriksen not even close to his best would work about as hard as all of them but provide more end product still.

RedDevilRoshi

Getting vibes that this is going to be Sanchez all over again. A quality player back in his day that just seems to have lost his hunger and confidence.

If we do sign him, then I hope he makes me eat my own words.

romufc

A signing we should stay away from. He didn't want to join us, and if he does want to now it will be for the money only.

If 6 months ago you didn't want to join us, why should we take him when he has fewer options?

I would take Maddison over him all day.

zenith

We should not be in for him. He'd be another Sanchez who's main motivation of playing here would be money.

We have chosen to go in a certain direction for once and hope that we can continue with that.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They said Pirlo was finished.
Pirlo didn't play in the Premier League.
Quite literally, a different ball game.....and I'm not saying that Eriksen is finished, just that at 27, perhaps we have already seen his best years.

Put it this way, Eriksen's star isn't on the rise, at best he has reached a plateau, at worst he is in decline.
It's a very similar situation as Matic in some ways, and within 18 months or so, you are back in the market looking for a replacement.
To my mind, United are better looking for a player such as Maddison who's star is on the rise.
This is a player that will get better and better and give years of top service.

If we are going to recruit players with no more than a two year view, then I don't see this as teh way to build progress..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.