Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

United Pro

We're getting linked to him tonight with rumours that we're willing to offer him £250k a week in wages. The article suggests that Eriksen is a boyhood Madrid fan but he's not high on the list of priorities for the club. I highly doubt that Spurs will sell to us, but he'll only have 1 year left on his contract come the summer. Levy will still likely demand £75m+.

Sauldogba

Id be up for it if it didnt feel like one of our many square peg in round hole signings weve been accustomed to in recent years.
Where will he play?
Can he play with Pogba?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Could only see it happening if we were to send Martial or someone the other way.

#CR7

We should be all over it even if there is the slightest possibility. Genuine world class player still in his prime. Would take us to the next level.

ravi2

We bid more than Real for Bale but he still went to Madrid. Levy will not sell Eriksen to us, it would be stupid of him to do so.
We should have bought him when he was leaving Ajax for 12M but we dropped the ball big time.

ROFLUTION

He's the kind of player that will make us play faster and is also a guarantee for assists / creativity.

Last 4 seasons - Premier League only:
18/19: 6 goals, 12 assists
17/18: 11 goals, 10 assists
16/17: 8 goals, 20 assists
15/16: 6 goals, 16 assists

Also able to start every game and almost never injured (85 minutes pr game last season)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You don’t have as much leverage as you think you do. He’s not signing a deal.
We don't, but we will not sell him to a top four rival. It would go the same way as the Alderweireld negotations, i.e you give us a player and lots of money or there's no deal. You would have to make a ridiculously enticing offer.

There will be interest from abroad and Levy would much, much rather sell there, and I imagine Eriksen would rather play for a top European side than United.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Find it very hard to believe we’d ever be able to get this over the line, dealing with Tottenham. You never know, but I doubt it.

Art Vandelay

We don't, but we will not sell him to a top four rival. It would go the same way as the Alderweireld negotations, i.e you give us a player and lots of money or there's no deal. You would have to make a ridiculously enticing offer.

There will be interest from abroad and Levy would much, much rather sell there, and I imagine Eriksen would rather play for a top European side than United.
You would be risking losing him for free in a year's time. There seems to be more movement with top teams in England selling to each other these last few years, we've done deals with Arsenal and Chelsea.

Out of curiousity is there anyone you'd personally take as part of the deal? Could we interest you in a former Arsenal favourite?

pascell

Not a fan?
Not really. HedH have to be replacing Pogba and we sign a world class holding midfielder for it to work. He'd be great at the tip of a diamond but at CM we need someone who can press with more intensity. I wouldn't class him as top priority for the summer.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You would be risking losing him for free in a year's time. There seems to be more movement with top teams in England selling to each other these last few years, we've done deals with Arsenal and Chelsea.

Out of curiousity is there anyone you'd personally take as part of the deal? Could we interest you in a former Arsenal favourite?
You got an old CDM from Chelsea who they were seemingly happy to replace, and with Sanchez they were backed in to a corner with no interest from abroad. Doubt it will be the case with Eriksen.

Levy will only sell domestically in cases where there is no real competition for the signature (Walker), he will always prefer a bid from the continent.

I think Poch could get a real player out of Martial, so him. Nobody else who we could realistically ask for that interests me.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He won't sign a new contract.
I can see him leaving for free in 2020.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Unless Pogba is leaving doesn't make much sense to me. Can't play wide or deep in midfield.

If Pogba is determined to leave this summer or next I would do it now while we're still in rebuild mode. Could easily buy Eriksen and Ndombele for the Pogba money and improve the team overall.

CM10

You got an old CDM from Chelsea who they were seemingly happy to replace, and with Sanchez they were backed in to a corner with no interest from abroad. Doubt it will be the case with Eriksen.

Levy will only sell domestically in cases where there is no real competition for the signature (Walker), he will always prefer a bid from the continent.

I think Poch could get a real player out of Martial, so him. Nobody else who we could realistically ask for that interests me.
What makes you think Martial is realistic? He's contracted until 2024. There's no way we let a talent like that go, never mind as makeweight for a player with a year left on his contract.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Which I imagine we would be a lot more inclined to do for Eriksen than with Alderweireld. I imagine we’d pay, hypothetically, up to £80m for Eriksen, and you would not lose that out of stubbornness. You frankly need the money.

IrishRedDevil

Spurs got their answer when they asked for Martial as part of the £75m Alderweirld deal.

Hopefully we get Alderweirld now for £25m and still have Martial. Suckers.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Unless Pogba is leaving doesn't make much sense to me. Can't play wide or deep in midfield.

If Pogba is determined to leave this summer or next I would do it now while we're still in rebuild mode. Could easily buy Eriksen and Ndombele for the Pogba money and improve the team overall.
I have seen him play deeper this season and he was very good. Last season he played a lot in wide area.

He would have been an upgrade for Mata in the lineup today or even Lingard. A creative player, versatile and in additional if Spurs lose him it will weakened their team massively since he’s their most creative player in the squad. We should be all over him, top midfielder, creativity who can deliver great ball, looking for a way to weakened rival squad, this is exactly what we need and what we want.

There is still chance to get him since his contract is expired next year.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He can play in a 3 with Pogba.

I’m all for adding a world class player with his age profile. Preferably one in the front line too.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
What makes you think Martial is realistic? He's contracted until 2024. There's no way we let a talent like that go, never mind as makeweight for a player with a year left on his contract.
If you want us to consider selling you one of our best players (and one of the best players in the league) then we will want to get a top talent back.

passing-wind

Chelsea offered improved terms to Matic and was unhappy at the fact the agent was willingly talking to Mourinho. He came and within his first season performed well.

Comes down to leverage, Levy would sell if a ridiculous fee came in the same way he would have sold Toby last season for the reported 60 odd million.

The real question is if Eriksen would have any interest in coming here and how much Levy would demand for a fee. This has no real legs, I'd be surprised if he's not at Madrid next season.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Which I imagine we would be a lot more inclined to do for Eriksen than with Alderweireld. I imagine we’d pay, hypothetically, up to £80m for Eriksen, and you would not lose that out of stubbornness. You frankly need the money.
It's not stubbornness. You are a direct top four rival. Handing you a player like Eriksen would be stupidity if we weren't getting someone like Martial in return.

If we could could get 60-70 from Real, we would rather do that I imagine than accept 80 from you. We really don't need that extra money so badly with the new stadium revenue, especially if we remain in the CL next season.

Regardless, I highly doubt Eriksen will be interested in a United move. Yes you can offer money, but there's a good chance you won't even be in Europe next season and will be starting a significant rebuild. Someone like Real Madrid are a more enticing prospect than you, and even beyond them I would be shocked if other CL clubs weren't interested.

Art Vandelay

Matic was still one of the better midfielders in the league when we signed him. We also bought Mata from them.

Levy was apparently happy to negotiate for Alderweireld, one of the league's best defenders. I think a deal can be struck, we'd pay through the nose, but it's not impossible. Dunno if Eriksen would come here, but he'd be my muppet dream signing. Fantastic player.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
We don't have any.
I think Martial is a player Pochettino has clearly admired in the past and tried to get, might be debatable whether he's a top tier talent but he's certainly someone who could be useful for us.

I honestly don't even think we'd do it for Martial + money though. That was possible with an ageing CB like Toby, but I doubt we'd give a top 4 rival one of the best attacking mids in the league if we could avoid it.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I think Martial is a player Pochettino has clearly admired in the past and tried to get, might be debatable whether he's a top tier talent but he's certainly someone who could be useful for us.

I honestly don't even think we'd do it for Martial + money though. That was possible with an ageing CB like Toby, but I doubt we'd give a top 4 rival one of the best attacking mids in the league if we could avoid it.
It would be an excellent signing for us, that would instantly lift us a level, which is one of many reasons it won't happen. With regards to martial, you can have him.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Matic was still one of the better midfielders in the league when we signed him. We also bought Mata from them.

Levy was apparently happy to negotiate for Alderweireld, one of the league's best defenders. I think a deal can be struck, we'd pay through the nose, but it's not impossible. Dunno if Eriksen would come here, but he'd be my muppet dream signing. Fantastic player.
Matic had a pretty meh season for Chelsea before he left if I remember correctly, and they were comfortable with phasing him out at the time for Bakayoko. With Mata as well he didn't fit in to Mourinho's plans and he was happy to offload him to you, someone like Eriksen (a top class, key player for us) is a totally different story to those two.

He was 'happy' to negotiate as long as we got lots of money and Martial. Alderweireld had also not had his best season and we had proven we could live without him in the team, again with Eriksen you're going up another level in terms of his importance, Levy would absolutely resist selling him to a rival as much as he possibly could.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
That's not how transfers work
Then you won't be getting Eriksen.

Levy made it clear with the Alderweireld deal, we want Martial if we're dealing with United. If you want to take one of our best talents, we want one of yours.

CM10

If you want us to consider selling you one of our best players (and one of the best players in the league) then we will want to get a top talent back.
Maybe so, but Spurs may not have that much of a say if Eriksen were to push for a move. Once a player enters the final year of their contract that puts the selling club in a precarious position.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Maybe so, but Spurs may not have that much of a say if Eriksen were to push for a move. Once a player enters the final year of their contract that puts the selling club in a precarious position.
He is not going to push hard for a move specifically to United when there is clearly interest from top clubs abroad.

cyberman

Then you won't be getting Eriksen.

Levy made it clear with the Alderweireld deal, we want Martial if we're dealing with United. If you want to take one of our best talents, we want one of yours.
You're literally plucking this from thin air though

Status
Not open for further replies.