Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Levy would not sell him to an English club.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think we would have to offer ridiculous money to Levy before he would sell to us.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Bit of everything. 1 year left on his contract, eriksen has made no secret wanting to go to Barca/Madrid. I doubt he'd leave to United now, for 1 year in the Europa league, when he can stay in the CL this season with Spurs then sign on a free with one of the top European clubs. From Levy's side, they would ask loads of money from United because we are competitors, and it's this close to the end of the window. From our side, not sure how much he'd want to join and would we pay that much for a player who has 1 year left on his contract?
Not that I don't agree with this but if Eriksen does end up signing for us, maybe its because Barca/Madrid did not fancy him enough.

1 year in Europa may not be that bad an option if we are truly offering to 'treble' his wages as I read in one of the reports.
For many players, playing for a club like United as compared to Spurs (who still have to win their first trophy) is special in its own way. Enough to forego CL for a year. Just like Pogba & Ibra did when they were signed.

Also because as much as Levy hates us, maybe they are short of funds to complete the signings they need and its better than losing him for free next summer.
From our point of view, it's perfect how we are trying to get this done last minute because just maybe, Spurs really do need the funds ASAP and their bargaining power is not the same as it was when the transfer window opened.

Furthermore, yes it's very lackluster of us to not have our business wrapped up earlier and I definitely hold Ed responsible for not signing/selling players at the right time ever since a few years.

But this year, I feel like we adopted a different strategy in the transfer market. Yes, we have been linked to a gazillion players all summer but half of them are to start a bidding war and scare other clubs.
I think we had very specific targets in our mind and we are only trying for those. Clubs need to know we won't just go and panic buy a player just because we could not get our preferred target.

Eriksen definitely seems like one, with proven PL experience, a similar style of football, decent age to provide longevity for the next few years and also weakening our rival at the same time.
But as I said, this is one of those signings that had to be left late.

As for someone else signing him for free next summer, that is the only argument that also creates doubts in my head as far as him not signing for us, goes.
But we do not know how much of that is true or if any club has even offered such an enticing deal for next summer.
If presently, we are the only concrete alternative for him compared to Spurs, then practically speaking, it comes down on Eriksen to take a risk and wait, or just sign with us right now.
What if he gets injured and then nobody wants him next summer and he has to settle for a contract offer from Spurs where his demands are not met while also miss out on our present offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Looks like it is Spurs that have let it be known that he is available for £50m.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Looks like it is Spurs that have let it be known that he is available for £50m.
If that's the case we should be biting their fecking hands off.

RedRover

If he’s not signing a new deal, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s available. Levy is a businessman and he won’t want to lose him for free if he can help it.

From the players perspective this could be the last chance for a big move and a big payday. No guarantees he’ll get it next summer. Injury or bad form could derail it.

I think if Real wanted him he’d have been there and Juve are trying to move players on to balance the books. I’d be surprised if he ended up here but it’s not impossible.

redshaw

We should do a Real and offer them Smalling and a bag of crisps for Eriksen.
Prawn Cocktail or Salt n Vinegar? Those bags that normally get left or are you thinking of the ready salted Squares that go immediately?

Alemar

nah, he's reported to Juve medical. It's over. Get Bruno in and let's start the season.
If he reported to medical it doesn’t mean he stays.

And lack of any announcements whatsoever (from Juventus or Dybala himself) might mean that Juventus still wants the player to be gone.

Man Utd briefed media, but it could be a negotiation tactics, to convey the message of “get real with your demands”.

Jordi

Levy would not sell him to an English club.
Levy doesn’t care about selling to a premier league team if he gets the money he wants.

He’s pure business, I don’t think he gives a damn about tribalism.

That being said, I don’t see it happening, unfortunately.

Okey

After the emotional roller coaster that was last week, I've tuned off these rumours personally. Not until I see the player at Carrington.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
After the emotional roller coaster that was last week, I've tuned off these rumours personally. Not until I see the player at Carrington.
But it's happening, join us!

Tony247

Levy will run out his contract but will never sell to direct competitor.

K13

No real reliable sources to suggest this is happening.

If it did then he would provide something we don't currently have - a player that can play between the lines. He has a fantastic engine as well.

Seems to be such an underrated player - when ever I watch Spurs I think he is the glue that holds their attacking unit together.

Levy does play hard ball so we would have to pay top dollar for him.

Fooza

Desperation has hit that we now on Eriksen, we all know theres more chance of Neymar and messi coming than one of the main spurs player joining us in 3 days... let's get real.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I don't see it happening, but if it does I'll be over the moon as we can switch to a two man attacking midfield system Pogba and Him in front of either Fred or Scot as the sole DM. now we've got a good back five!

No7UTD

A player like Eriksen next to Pogba could be exciting. Very exciting. Matic, Fred and Scott can fight for space behind. And then Martial, Rashford and James can be fed with deliveries from Pogba and Eriksen.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Seems a very unlikely link, but he is still there, with mere days left on Tottenham's chance to sell him for 50-70m.
That's one monumental amount of money to miss out on.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
This is the kind of signing that would make me feel confident about top 4. Good age, knows the league, good team player etc. He'd be an instant improvement.

Gordon S

Our chances are small but if we pull this off i might actually dare to dream about top 4.
He is a good playmaker and we desperately need that.

Wonder if we dropped interest in Bruno and Dybala because someone whispered there was a chance to get Eriksen...
A guy can dream.

Scholsey2004

Since you don't have CL football and are a bit of a wild card with Ole in charge, I don't see him going to Manchester. However, I'm baffled that some of you seem to not really want him. He's brilliant and would be a great addition to any team. I'd have him in a heartbeat, but unfortunately it seems FSG and Klopp (and likely Eriksen) don't share my sentiment.
Red cafe is a huge forum and since a larger percentage of people tend to comment on things they don't like than things they do an unhappy minority can often represent as being larger than in fact it is. Obviously Eriksen is a top player who'd improve us significantly.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Real Madrid (and probably others) are waiting for the English transfer window to close (at which point the asking price will drop).

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Mail saying Spurs on the brink of striking a deal for Bruno Fernandes and Eriksen’s representatives are confident of him moving to United.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I failed to really take a close look at him last season - my Spurs friend, who is a season ticket holder, said he's obviously productive over the course of a season but can be frustrating in some string of games with his output. Does this sound accurate?

Chairman Steve

He’d be nice. I’m annoyed we didn’t seriously consider him when he was at Ajax all those years ago. I remember him standing out against us in the Europa League. The Utd scouting team has been a fecking chocolate teapot these past few years.

Terminator

I failed to really take a close look at him last season - my Spurs friend, who is a season ticket holder, said he's obviously productive over the course of a season but can be frustrating in some string of games with his output. Does this sound accurate?
Brilliant player but this is fairly accurate IMO. Can have a poor stretch of games here and there but largely really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.