Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizx

The different being Levy and Spurs have a chance to cash in on Eriksen if he signs for United now. That option is lost if Levy allows his pride to take over.

United are a far bigger club than Spurs. It's not even a debate.
Yes, we are a far bigger club, but let's be honest, at the moment we ended up at 6th place and are playing in Europa League, meanwhile Spurs closely lost the CL final. For someone like Eriksen, who will play for ~5 more years at the top, it doesn't matter which club is bigger, and that we are "rebuilding our greatness", all he propably wants is a chance for trophies and success right NOW, not in 2-3 years

Nialinho

Yes of course an enquiry can be made and a bid submitted.

No way on earth in my opinion does Levy sell to us this late. He never got over Berbatov.
Yeah our chances are pretty bleak but if they want Fernandes or Lo Celso you'd imagine they're open to selling and we seem the most viable option as Madrid don't have the funds left.

Sky stating the move is not dependent on Pogba leaving
They're actually saying our move isn't dependent on Pogba.

Decomposing In Paris

Why does everyone assume that Levy would prefer to sell after the chance to replace him has gone, and for that matter, why do we assume that Madrid have the money? What are they going to offer? We valued Pogba at £150m and Real offered James plus £27m... Eriksen is being discussed at around £50m... so by that logic they estimate James is worth £123m, so they'd be asking for Eriksen and £73m... or a straight swap for Bale.

Levy probably doesn't want to sell to us, but if we're offering £65m for the final year of his contract, and giving him a genuine chance to replace the player with quality... then he just might take it. It's been a long time since Berbatov.

RedDevilRoshi

How would the resident Spurs fans feel on here if we very surprisingly pulled this off?

Would you be glad because you now have a very good chance in landing Lo Celso, who you have been after all summer, or even Bruno Fernandes? Or would you be very disappointed that you are selling him to Man Utd rather than a club abroad?

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Am sorry but he still won't choose you over Madrid even if Ole is friends with his dad. He has been yapping on about Madrid since God knows when, not all players put money above their career which is all you guys seems to have to offer this days and he said we wants to win something fast. Am sorry If you wanna win something fast, you don't go from Tottenham to UTD with the way things stand
Hardly all that we offer is money, if the Dybala deal is anything to go by. Maybe with previous managers who think they can turn a lemon into a diamond, ala Jose with Falcao and with Sanchez. Ole knows that what the club needs and it isn't more mercenaries. I would love us to sign Erikson but if he has his heart set on Madrid then that's all she wrote. I would like to think that before the club has made any offer for a player they would have an idea if that player would like to join the club rather than wasting time with offers. Or it's Eds way of saving money by looking good in public, "well we tried to sign a few top quality players but just couldn't get them done."

If spurs what Bruno or lo celso then they will accept a bid for the same amount as what they need to replace Erikson, if not more.

RedDevilRoshi

Yeah our chances are pretty bleak but if they want Fernandes or Lo Celso you'd imagine they're open to selling and we seem the most viable option as Madrid don't have the funds left.

They're actually saying our move isn't dependent on Pogba.

Yes I realised that and edited my post

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yes, we are a far bigger club, but let's be honest, at the moment we ended up at 6th place and are playing in Europa League, meanwhile Spurs closely lost the CL final. For someone like Eriksen, who will play for ~5 more years at the top, it doesn't matter which club is bigger, and that we are "rebuilding our greatness", all he propably wants is a chance for trophies and success right NOW, not in 2-3 years
I answered that here mate: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/christian-eriksen.446509/page-54#post-24511663

fergie_god

I'm trying to think why Real or Juve would even want to sign Eriksen. I'm going to assume that most clubs don't really see Eriksen as a true central midfielder as we've seen that Real decided to go for Van De Beek over him. Eriksen is a much better overall player but VDB fits their positional need much better. Does Real really need a 10 then? I don't think Zidane really plays with that position in his formations.

Same with Juve they already have Dybala who plays in Eriksens best positions and seem to consider him not part of their plans. What other big clubs are options for him then even next summer if he was on a free?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sultan

enurs

No answer a good answer? Anyone thinking why there is no reply or rumours from Tottenham or Eriksen about the move? If they were negative, there would be something like “stay the F away” but there is nothing. Why??

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I honestly think Levy would sooner risk him not finding another club in the remainder of the European window and leaving on a free next summer than sell to us.

Now Spurs are a bit of a force their fans would riot if he was sold to a rival club. Not a prayer this is happening. Not a chance.

Eriksen will end up at Madrid. They will find the £50m somewhere. They can't find £150m for Pogba though that is clear.

Siorac

That's rich coming from a Chelsea fan :lol:

So we're a small club are we? Why did Pogba join us over Real Madrid, or Sanchez over City, or Lukaku over Chelsea. Ectera ectera.

United is of the biggest clubs in world football, with or without CL football. You're living in a dream world if you think our club has lost any of its lure.
We have certainly lost some of our lure and even at our best, Real Madrid were a more attractive destination for most footballers.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Spurs have an issue in that we are the only club seemingly interested right now. They are ready to pull the trigger on other targets but can't whilst they still have Eriksen.

So what do they do? Sell to us? Keep him and sign nobody, with him leaving for nothing? Keep him and sign somebody else also?

These are the scenarios they'll be thinking about right now.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Everyone was so optimistic about Paulo Dybala going through and the deal fell apart. I hope because everyone is being so pessimistic about a deal for Eriksen that it actually happens.

NJM78

Everyone was so optimistic about Paulo Dybala going through and the deal fell apart. I hope because everyone is being so pessimistic about a deal for Eriksen that it actually happens.
I give this a 1% chance of happening.

Hope this helps.

Acquire Me

First of all, who is Eriksen’s agent? :nervous:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think other clubs like PSG, Juve and Barcelona will be interested in him next summer and he’ll probably want to leave.
Juve wont be able to afford him
PSG? Nah
Barcelona? I think they had their shot last season and have moved on now

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Surprised to find out that Eriksen is just 27. He can strengthen our midfield for the next 3-4 years if we get him. Even longer, since his game doesn't depend on pace so much.
65m would be a bargain considering the situation we're in. Which is probably why Levy will fleece us for more or take the chance of running down his contract.

Why isn't he signing a new contract, again? Everyone at Spurs seems to be jumping on the train.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Why aren't we pursuing a holding midfielder?! We all know Pogba is too ill-disciplined to play deeper. Surely Ole can't be happy with the Matic-Mctominay partnership. Right now there are mid table teams who can field a stronger midfield two than ours.

Dr. StrangeHate

7 pages since I last checked. I have unzipped and will update you all after I have gone through them to see what next steps to take.

Edit: After going through the pages there is atleast a 15% chance of this happening. All aboard.

stu_1992

Don't see it happening personally, but he's a great player and would be very much welcome. We've definitely been on the end of some damage from him before, and being Irish we also found the hard way how good he is on the international scene. But anyway, don't hold out much hope but it's a nice idea.

TRUERED89

Hardly all that we offer is money, if the Dybala deal is anything to go by. Maybe with previous managers who think they can turn a lemon into a diamond, ala Jose with Falcao and with Sanchez. Ole knows that what the club needs and it isn't more mercenaries. I would love us to sign Erikson but if he has his heart set on Madrid then that's all she wrote. I would like to think that before the club has made any offer for a player they would have an idea if that player would like to join the club rather than wasting time with offers. Or it's Eds way of saving money by looking good in public, "well we tried to sign a few top quality players but just couldn't get them done."

If spurs what Bruno or lo celso then they will accept a bid for the same amount as what they need to replace Erikson, if not more.
I'm sure Jose never had Falcao?

Sparky Rhiwabon

I honestly think Levy would sooner risk him not finding another club in the remainder of the European window and leaving on a free next summer than sell to us.

Now Spurs are a bit of a force their fans would riot if he was sold to a rival club. Not a prayer this is happening. Not a chance.

Eriksen will end up at Madrid. They will find the £50m somewhere. They can't find £150m for Pogba though that is clear.
Don't forget that if they keep him they also get another season of Eriksen playing for them! That's worth a lot of money as well.

rizx

That's rich coming from a Chelsea fan :lol:

So we're a small club are we? Why did Pogba join us over Real Madrid, or Sanchez over City, or Lukaku over Chelsea. Ectera ectera.

United is of the biggest clubs in world football, with or without CL football. You're living in a dream world if you think our club has lost any of its lure.
To be honest you couldn't find a worse example than Alexis, to prove that stars join us not for money :D

Bogga

"United considering to prepare the preparations to consider a bid"

That's the shit we hear all the damn time... the only thing not mentioned yet are those famous 48 hours

el3mel

Why not? They've already agreed deals with his replacement, they just cant afford them.
I don't think Poch will be fine selling one of his best players that late in the market. By all means they'll want to keep him pleased to stay. Just buying another player in the same position isn't a reason to sell one of your best players and he's only 27, not even that old. Will give a wrong message to Poch.

Shark

@NotShark
"United considering to prepare the preparations to consider a bid"

That's the shit we hear all the damn time... the only thing not mentioned yet are those famous 48 hours
We'll be preparing a bid until the window closes, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.