Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilRoshi

I've got a feeling that we'll end up targetting James Maddison, who is much younger, will cost the same amount almost as Eriksen, is a United fan and more importantly is British.
No chance Maddison will cost almost the same amount as Eriksen. Leicester will certainly take us to the cleaners for Maddison whereas Eriksen is out of contract next summer.

manunited1919

No chance Maddison will cost almost the same amount as Eriksen. Leicester will certainly take us to the cleaners for Maddison whereas Eriksen is out of contract next summer.
But Leicester now consider as direct rivals for an Europa League spot they aspire to, so they won't want to sell to us.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I really wonder the "fair" going rate for Maddison in here, when Iwobi went for 40M, and Pepe 72M this summer. Considered he is one of Leicester's best player, his age, experience in EPL, and the length of his contract 80m I would think is reasonable.

Lee565

I thought this was a no go signing considering we ditched negotiations this summer with spurs and eriksen because he wants to play in Spain and I dont see that changing of him end up joing either real, Barca or Juventus on a free next summer.

Scholsey2004

I thought this was a no go signing considering we ditched negotiations this summer with spurs and eriksen because he wants to play in Spain and I dont see that changing of him end up joing either real, Barca or Juventus on a free next summer.
The Real 'interest' never seemed to actually materialise into anything though did it? He's probably decided at this point that they're only interested if he's free and that there'd be no actual plan for him to be a first team regular. If he's got any sense he'll be looking at alternatives now as Real clearly aren't that bothered. I think he wanted Real more than Spain in general.

criticalanalysis

To be fair, the few times I have watched him him play the past year, the game does seem to pass him more than before. Yes even including in the recent game against Arsenal where he scored.

Seems like he doesn't have that sharpness/first step of pace anymore. Also it doesn't help the Spurs squad is stretched so thin they can't dominate games in possession like they did before.

I'd still take him over Lingard and Mata any day of the week of course. Creatively I have no qualms about him and I'm sure he would work very well with Pogba. It's just defensively behind them/asking Pogba to be more disciplined that's the issue if they play in a three.

Bestietom

We will probably be priced out of both Eriksen and Maddison. 80/100 million for either in January. Hope Gomes shines for us in the meantime, if he gets his chance to play at 10.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
To be fair, the few times I have watched him him play the past year, the game does seem to pass him more than before. Yes even including in the recent game against Arsenal where he scored.
Seems like he doesn't have that sharpness/first step of pace anymore..
Its always best to listen to the opinions of supporters of the player's current club.....
In recent times Matic & Sanchez were both generally said to be in decline before we signed them according the the Chelsea & Arsenal fans that I had spoken to, even West Ham fans were telling me that Sanchez was a spent force.

What I'm hearing now from Spurs fans is that Eriksen isn't the player that he was, and that they wouldn't be too bothered if he was to leave.
I still think that Eriksen is one of the star players of the Premier League, but in signing him, what would do for any plans of signing Maddison, who many feel is going to be one of the best players in the league?
Also, what does this that mean for Gomes in amongst all this?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
We will probably be priced out of both Eriksen and Maddison. 80/100 million for either in January. Hope Gomes shines for us in the meantime, if he gets his chance to play at 10.
80M for an out of contract player ? Seems a bit much.

Bestietom

80M for an out of contract player ? Seems a bit much.
We are talking about Levy here. Remember Alderweirald, and what they wanted before the 25million came into force. He won't come here in January anyway, so we can close this. IMO

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout

Seems like he doesn't have that sharpness/first step of pace anymore. Also it doesn't help the Spurs squad is stretched so thin they can't dominate games in possession like they did before.

I'd still take him over Lingard and Mata any day of the week of course. Creatively I have no qualms about him and I'm sure he would work very well with Pogba. It's just defensively behind them/asking Pogba to be more disciplined that's the issue if they play in a three.
I'm fine with this post, although I think it's down to motivation due to being stuck at a place where he publicly said he wanted away from. Get him to a club where he'll win trophies and I believe he'll be back to his old self.

Hos current self is still the difference between a bad Spurs and a good Spurs in my eyes.

Alemar

I've got a feeling that we'll end up targetting James Maddison, who is much younger, will cost the same amount almost as Eriksen, is a United fan and more importantly is British.
Believe me, the bolded part is of virtually zero importance for quite a lot of Man Utd supporters, especially our non-British supporters contingent.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm fine with this post, although I think it's down to motivation due to being stuck at a place where he publicly said he wanted away from. Get him to a club where he'll win trophies and I believe he'll be back to his old self.

Hos current self is still the difference between a bad Spurs and a good Spurs in my eyes.
That's exactly what many people said about Sanchez.

I do feel wary these days of players who are around 27-29 who have performed at the top level for a number of years. You never know when their drop is around the corner.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Believe me, the bolded part is of virtually zero importance for quite a lot of Man Utd supporters, especially our non-British supporters contingent.
He probably means it from a perspective of maintaining a quota of British players?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
That's exactly what many people said about Sanchez.

I do feel wary these days of players who are around 27-29 who have performed at the top level for a number of years. You never know when their drop is around the corner.
I think that it is fair to worry about a decline if he is to come to us. Hell, if he did come to us I would think we would get this version of him because I don't think he would be motivated as much from a sporting perspective as he would be if he went to Real or Barca (or City/Pool/Juve/Bayern).
But even this version of him, provided he doesn't decline further before a few years have gone would be a great "free-transfer".

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
He probably means it from a perspective of maintaining a quota of British players?
Shaw, Rashford, Greenwood, Gomes, Tuanzebe, Jones, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Lingard, James, Garner, Pogba, Smalling, Young and probably more I can't remember from the top of my head.
I'd say we are safe on homegrown players quota.

Ander herrera the warrior

Its always best to listen to the opinions of supporters of the player's current club.....
In recent times Matic & Sanchez were both generally said to be in decline before we signed them according the the Chelsea & Arsenal fans that I had spoken to, even West Ham fans were telling me that Sanchez was a spent force.

What I'm hearing now from Spurs fans is that Eriksen isn't the player that he was, and that they wouldn't be too bothered if he was to leave.
I still think that Eriksen is one of the star players of the Premier League, but in signing him, what would do for any plans of signing Maddison, who many feel is going to be one of the best players in the league?
Also, what does this that mean for Gomes in amongst all this?
Signing Maddison will be very expensive and it will be difficult if Gomes turns good as well since their age gap is not much. Whereas Eriksen, we could get him for cheap next season and Gomes could be an understudy for him before taking over in the future.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Class player, but is he surrounded by the right sort of players to keep him at the top of his game?

I feel like our issue is that the overall quality of our squad makes it very difficult for top performing players to come in and keep up any high standard they were previously playing at. It might be a reason why we didn't really go for players currently at top clubs last summer, amongst others.

Withnail

Unless we're getting him in early as a Pogba replacement I'm not sure I see the logic in this transfer. There are far more pressing concerns at CM and RW.

I'm also not convinced he'd be interested given the rumours are he wants to go to pastures new in Spain.

Bwuk

Eriksen would be free in the summer.

Leicester would want 80m for Maddison.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
28.5 years old next August.

We need to find young players under 24 and not sign a 28.5 year old player on a 4+1 deal on huge wages.

lysglimt

Scout
Think we can forget about Eriksen - would like to have him but why would he leave Spurs for another club not likely to win the League the next couple of seasons ?

He has spent the majority of his career at Spurs - i assume he wants a Trophy or two Before he retires so it makes sense to go to a topclub in Spain or Italy

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Reading up, there seem to be 2 ways this will pan out.
  • We'll get him, but he'll then Sanchez the place up
  • We don't have any chance of getting him.
Got it.

beingshe7don

Eriksen would be free in the summer.

Leicester would want 80m for Maddison.
If we wait for the summer, I don't think he'll come here. Just like if we had waited till the summer, Sanchez would have definitely gone to City. Leicester would want 80m for Maddison and Levy would want about 50m in January for non-PL teams. I think that number would jump to 70 to 80m if Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal or United bid for him.

beingshe7don

Yeah I would think that's the case but with the recent recruitment and targets identified, it seems like we are indeed considering British players more than usual.

Mainoldo

Abit like Pogba he plays with Eric Dier and Harry Winks as partners. If he had a class CDM next to him you’d see him dominating games.

Him Pogba and a Kante like player would take us to the next level, with a upgraded manager.

But non of these scenarios will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.