Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteBoredom

Why not? Ole clearly doesn’t trust VdB to deputise for Bruno, it’s only a loan deal, and worst case scenario we would lose at best 10m in wages, which is peanut nowadays.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
18 month loan deal?! :lol:

We’re supposed to be selling Inter our deadwood, not collecting theirs.

manutddjw

We’ve seen our deadwood go to inter and look decent to great, he was supposed to be good and went to inter and looked finished. Even on loan at a reduced cost it doesn’t seem like a good investment.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
0 chance of this being real and I wouldn't want it to be. He's past it/doesn't have the motivation, and we are fine in that position with Bruno/Pogba/VdB.

King Eric 7

It looks like a low risk punt. I'd take him on a subsidised loan until the end of the season. We can probably pay his wages from the deadwood that's going out of the door this month. I think the odds are against him finding his best form, but it's got to be worth the relatively low risk.

Bwuk

We’ve got Bruno, Pogba, VdB & Mata who can all play at 10.

Why would we want him?

Oranges038

Poch ran him into the ground, his legs appear to be shot. He doesn't seem like a player that fits what Conte wants or how he palys. Would imagine this is BS, and an attempt to generate interest from elsewhere.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

McGarry and Castles have no links inside United and literally bad mouth us every week on their podcast. Castles used to have inside track when Mourinho was here but he knows less than anyone these days.

RyRoc

Could only see it happening if someone matches the money United paid for DVD in the summer and United wanted a short term option for cover.

Brad2020

For United no. United is stuck playing two defensive midfielders half the time, so he'd essentially be a bench player to rest Bruno...which is probably why he has no desire to come.

For Tottenham, yes. Though it would be hard walking into the dressing room after you ditched your teamates for Inter....but maybe they will welcome him back with open arms.

Betson

He would be on my list of players I wanted to come here in the past but I am glad we not sign seeing how he has done since.

In terms of decline he looks like another Sanchez and I don't think he would offer much , he looks shot and has for a while now.

SAFMUTD

He's been really shit for over 18 months now but I wouldnt be against a loan deal, a loan from now until summer with the option for another year would be great. We would be paying half his wages which would be around 75k per week so its not a big risk and on the upside he may rediscover his form and we would have a great back up for Bruno.

If it doesnt work we simply ship him back to inter, if it works then we end up with a great player for peanuts. Also we owe it to Inter, they helped us to get rid of Alexis, is the less we can do.

shahzy

I dont think people are getting it. Its a loan deal and one where we are apparently only paying 1.5mil euros a year in wages which is nothing for us. Now that we have got the financial side out of the way i dont watch him at all so i dont know how he does. But if he can replicate even half of the things he did at spurs off the bench here, for 1.5mil a year it seems a pretty decent option when resting bruno. Mata is finished and has no legs and his wages can go directly into paying for Eriksen's. All he would have to do is score a goal and assist once and his output would be better than Mata's.

Additionally hes still only 28. Been around for ages but isnt that old. May rediscover his form in England for a year or two

Betson

Immaterial anyway as I reckon if he does come back to the premier league on loan it will be back to Spurs.

Champagne Football

He could definitely do a job as a player you bring on for the last 30 mins to give Bruno a rest.

He's a luxury player who will not do the dirty work but he'd be an upgrade on Juan Mata.

But I can't see it happening as it's coming from a dog-shit source.

Tallis

Would definitely take him on a loan - he is not on Sanchez / Bale type wages.

Besides - I think Conte basically sabotaged him by not playing him and destroying his confidence. I am not convinced that this is a repeat of the Hazard / Sanchez story.

He can cover for Bruno and also play as a right sided AM which he did sometimes for Spurs.

city-puma

If so, we are basically reinvesting the fee for the transfer of Timothy Fosu-Mensah. He can be Bruno’s backup. Is there any truth in this or just pure rumor?

Scholsey2004

I'd take Eriksen. We know Pogba is leaving so it wouldn't hurt to get an extra body in. It sounds fake to me though. Inter will want a cash sale.

RobertoBaggio99

He would never play, would replace mata in terms of mins played
Played a big chunk of games on the right for Spurs during his best years there and he was equally productive out wide as he was in the 10 role. He'd definitely be our starter RM short-term as Diallo is 18 and not expected to hit the ground running.
Eriksen's crosses alone would make him useful on a right side with AWB posing little to no attacking threat.

Reactions: Penna

NoPace

He would never play, would replace mata in terms of mins played
I imagine at his wages he would play. More rest for Bruno and chances for him to come off the bench, but even apart from that, I guess like this:

Rashford--Bruno---Greenwood
----------------Eriksen--------------------

Could be an option, along with:

-----Rashford---Cavani/Martial----
-----Pogba----Eriksen----Bruno-----
-----------------McTominay--------------

or Eriksen in the role Pogba has played coming off the left.

I do like the idea of buying great players when they've had a little dip (and he is 11 in 19 for Denmark over 2019 and 2020 so that's a decent sign he still has a few years left).

This shouldn't be our first priority and I still like Van De Beek but If Ole is terrified of resting Bruno and he's worried about how much football he's played he and just wants to buy 8 months of time for Diallo before the start of next season it's not completely insane if the price is right.

Maybe Van De Beek would go on loan to get time to help his case for the Dutch team at the Euros?

Ludens the Red

Feck off :lol:
Ship has sailed. He lost his motivation at Spurs, never recovered it at Inter. Last thing we need is trying to shoehorn an attacking midfielder into our team.
We’ve got Bruno, Pogba and Vdb no need for another.

I imagine at his wages he would play. More rest for Bruno and chances for him to come off the bench, but even apart from that, I guess like this:

Rashford--Bruno---Greenwood
----------------Eriksen--------------------

Could be an option, along with:

-----Rashford---Cavani/Martial----
-----Pogba----Eriksen----Bruno-----
-----------------McTominay--------------

or Eriksen in the role Pogba has played coming off the left.

I do like the idea of buying great players when they've had a little dip (and he is 11 in 19 for Denmark over 2019 and 2020 so that's a decent sign he still has a few years left).

This shouldn't be our first priority and I still like Van De Beek but If Ole is terrified of resting Bruno and he's worried about how much football he's played he and just wants to buy 8 months of time for Diallo before the start of next season it's not completely insane if the price is right.

Maybe Van De Beek would go on loan to get time to help his case for the Dutch team at the Euros?
Don’t worry, he’s not. The only people terrified of how much football Bruno plays are redcafe posters. The most obsessed with resting players fanbase in the world.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I wouldn't mind a loan as long as he's a backup.
Got tons of experience and is a good player. Ole seems to like the good old mix experience and young talents.

Imagine being a teenager and get to play with Cavani, Eriksen, Pogba, Bruno, can learn so much from them.

i see many mention VdB. It's a tough one, i know he was promised to be used as a 10, but personally i think he looks more like an 8 or box to box kind of player.

i might be a bit biased since i always liked Eriksen and wanted us to sign him earlier.
Also if Pogba leaves this summer, it would be sweet to have Eriksen on loan for another season while the younger players work their way into the senior squad. I don't watch the U23/21(or whatever they're called), so don't know how far away they are from breaking into the team.

Slow news day. It’s January, hardly any transfers are happening and they are after clicks.

Inter do seem to be in financial trouble, and clearly looking to offload Eriksen.

but it won’t be to United.

Hester_manc

He's a top player who's been treated to shit by Conte. Why Inter paid so much money for him without giving him a chance is a mystery. I would really like to see Eriksen at United. The only problem is that Bruno plays in the position where Eriksen is best. But if you can tactically find a place for both Bruno and Eriksen on the team, then I would very much like him to the club. He will even probably be somewhat cheaper now.

DevTheRed

Would be a good back up for Bruno, a proven premier league player who’s not on stupid wages. With Pogba supposedly leaving, Mata surely leaving soon too and Ole not trusting VDB as a 10 I think it would be a good buy!

But I agree, sounds like a slow news day!

GoldanoGraham

Why would entertain this lazy arsed has been? Wasn’t interested before in us and we’ve now moved on.

We’ve got VDB - it’s about time he was cut some slack and given a go and start to get him settling into the team as Pogbas replacement.

As the Liverpool and Burnley matches showed....RW is still our biggest weakness - we must resolve that

Status
Not open for further replies.