Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Absolutely. But would we need Frenkie if we had Eriksen? It'd alter the dynamics of the squad to some degree
Yes because asking that question is like asking if we need Ronaldo if we have De Gea

OverratedOpinion

I have no idea if I'm against it or not.

I wonder whether he can drop back and play a similar role to Scholes in his last few seasons. If so then I would be hugely for this signing. I just have no idea if he has that in him long term.

If he is only going to play as a 10 then absolutely not. One of our best players being a number 10 is already an issue considering how important it is to have control of the midfield if you want to challenge.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
With somewhat limited budget that needs to be transferred throughout defense, deep midfield and striker, this lad could boost creativity a bit and add depth for maybe 1-2 seasons.

Is Premier League good idea for him, especially after surviving a heart attack ? If in the end he signs for Ajax, perhaps it'll be proper time to ask for Gravenberch's availability...

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Ask yourself this, in the season gone by would you rather have had Mata & Lingard or Eriksen as options from the bench?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I'd take him back at Spurs on a free, provided he accepted that he wouldn't be guaranteed a regular starting spot.

He'd provide useful options in certain types of game - e.g. those against teams that sit back and pack their defence, where we could play him in CM (in a more attacking role) alongside Betancourt or Hojbjerg.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This is one of those things where we get linked with someone, page after page where we debate whether we would want him, then we never hear about it again.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d take him. More class than Bruno for me.

Okey

This is a tap in, in an open goal. Just begging to be finished. I'd have him in an instant.

Drizzle

Amazingly Eriksen is one of the few midfielders with a lower pass completion the Bruno.
Not only that but his goal/assist contributions are nowhere near Bruno's even when he was in his prime. That said he does play deeper and he's a clever player. We need high IQ footballers in this squad, we're desperately short of them.

OverratedOpinion

Amazingly Eriksen is one of the few midfielders with a lower pass completion the Bruno.
2 very good midfielders playing in crap sides who play them the ball 40 yards out and expect them to create something out of nothing constantly. Bruno is a problem though.

Zoo

It would mean that Van de Beek is doomed.

BlueHaze

I wouldn't get him at all. He wants to be a starter, where will he fit in here? Would most likely become a bench warmer unless Bruno would play so horribly shite he would take his place. Deal that makes no sense.

Mmm-Qatarian

It would mean that Van de Beek is doomed.
I don't necessarily think so. Van de Beek is an entirely different sort of player to Bruno or Eriksen, and of all the managers in the world I'd imagine Ten Hag knows this better than most.

Were Eriksen to join the club I could actually see him being utilised out wide quite a bit, sort of in the same way Tadic was used at Ajax. He won't be a starter; I'm fairly confident that Ten Hag will warm to Sancho and look to play him in that role but considering our lack of options beyond that I can actually see some sense in this transfer provided that Eriksen is willing to accept a back-up role within the squad.

AkaAkuma

Maybe he could be converted to the De Jong role in the Europa games, having and experienced player dictating play would be useful considering our 2nd string will be young.

captaincantona

Between him and de jong...it is the complete opposite of what we have now. Movement, taking care of the ball, wanting the ball....hard to see why we wouldn’t want him.

lsd

The Oracle
This would be under whelming to say the least

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Mixed feelings on this. He’s probably good enough as a bench option and he’s free, but would he want to sit on the bench given all that’s happened?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
FDJ, Eriksen and a DM would be a good start.

FDJ, Eriksen, Bruno, Fred is a good variety.
Hopefully we'll move McTom on.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Why are people factoring VDB into this conversation? Again, I'll ask, who would you rather have - the Eriksen who played for Brentford for the last 6 months or the VDB who played for Everton for the last 6 months (let's not mention his previous time at Utd).

VDB is a busted flush, there is nothing to suggest he has anything to offer this team going forward.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Why are people factoring VDB into this conversation? Again, I'll ask, who would you rather have - the Eriksen who played for Brentford for the last 6 months or the VDB who played for Everton for the last 6 months (let's not mention his previous time at Utd).

VDB is a busted flush, there is nothing to suggest he has anything to offer this team going forward.
But Hag. BUT HAG !!

Red00012

Mata and Lingard have left the building I don’t see why people are complaining about this one . It’s a no brainer if he’s ok been a squad player

Status
Not open for further replies.