Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddevilz007

We could get him and Kamara on frees and spend on another cm.
That would be the smart thing to do, but it’s too smart for our standards.
The same goes for Laimer and Ruiz, both will have one year left on their contract. They would be smart signings.

Last edited:

Grande

That would be the smart thing to do, but it’s too smart for our standards.
The same goes for Laimer and Ruiz, both will have one year left on their contract. They would be smart signings.
Knowing what’s smart better than the standard setters, even without the benefit of scout reports and data analysis, you could just forward your CV - there are positions available for you as we speak ;)

reddevilz007

Knowing what’s smart better than the standard setters, even without the benefit of scout reports and data analysis, you could just forward your CV - there are positions available for you as we speak ;)
Our scout reports and data analysis did get us Maguire, AWB, Pogba, Sanchez, and Di Maria. They turned out pretty well, I’d say ;)

RatPack

Eriksen would be a great signing.
- He is a team player
- He runs more than all our existing players.
- He is a treat from the distance with both feet.
- He will improve all our corners (and our corners have been crap for a long time).
- He will not go to he press if he is benched for a game or two (he will just prove himself on the pitch).
But he is not going to Manchester. He will stay in London.

Mike Smalling

Obviously, you cannot give Eriksen all of the credit for this, but his impact cannot be denied.

LuckyScout78

+ Easily will strength United XI. With the form he had been showing on his comeback.

Raphinha - Eriksen - Tchouaméni/Locatelli/Garner - Bruno - Rashford + Ronaldo/Nunez

+ Eriksen will definitely strenght United squad depth. Have him as player nr.14-15 is luxury. Eriksen pass foot is top class. Up there with Tadic and De Bruyne

+ He will help United players to develop to more precise pass and combination football. The Ajax and dutch football style. In the beginning. The coaching team might needs some to demostrate how to run, pass and move around the pitch. With and without the ball. In the process change of style. You might need players who knows, understand and can play that style. At the highest level possible.

+ If on free transfer. Would be a really really good deal. Low risk and will take advantage of Eriksen abilities and qualities as a super creative and consistent cm player.

Eriksen on free transfer + a new upcoming Ajax and Netherlands playmaker in Kenneth Taylor at 3 mill Euro market value. I would go for it if i was Ten Hag.

Here is the new Ajax creative cm player:

Raphinha - Eriksen & Taylor - Tchouaméni/Locatelli/Garner - Bruno/Taylor - Rashford/Sancho

Out :
Matic, DCM --- in Tchouaméni/Locatelli
Pobga, CM - Eriksen
Mata, RW, CAM, Raphinha
Lingard, CAM, Taylor

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
This would seem a really good move to me. Free agent, won't be hard to offer him better than he's getting at Brentford, and, oh yes, he's class and clearly gives absolutely everything performance-wise. The only stumbling block might be length of contract but hopefully we now have people ion place who will compromise

Zaka7

Would be a great move, he's also a calming influence and proper professional to have around the club, some of his performances this season for Brentford have been class, 100% walks straight into our team. We shall see though, I'm hoping and praying we get our transfer policy right for a change.

Zaka7

If you watched their programme on Amazon prime It really didn't look like he downed tools at all. He wanted to move on, nothing wrong with that, but he gave his all. He isn't Pogba.

Sir Erik ten Hag

+ Easily will strength United XI. With the form he had been showing on his comeback.

Raphinha - Eriksen - Tchouaméni/Locatelli/Garner - Bruno - Rashford + Ronaldo/Nunez

+ Eriksen will definitely strenght United squad depth. Have him as player nr.14-15 is luxury. Eriksen pass foot is top class. Up there with Tadic and De Bruyne

+ He will help United players to develop to more precise pass and combination football. The Ajax and dutch football style. In the beginning. The coaching team might needs some to demostrate how to run, pass and move around the pitch. With and without the ball. In the process change of style. You might need players who knows, understand and can play that style. At the highest level possible.

+ If on free transfer. Would be a really really good deal. Low risk and will take advantage of Eriksen abilities and qualities as a super creative and consistent cm player.

Eriksen on free transfer + a new upcoming Ajax and Netherlands playmaker in Kenneth Taylor at 3 mill Euro market value. I would go for it if i was Ten Hag.

Raphinha - Eriksen & Taylor - Tchouaméni/Locatelli/Garner - Bruno/Taylor - Rashford/Sancho

Out :
Matic, DCM --- in Tchouaméni/Locatelli
Pobga, CM - Eriksen
Mata, RW, CAM, Raphinha
Lingard, CAM, Taylor
Wonderful idea. Just wondering: Who would do all the "pressing" for Eriksen and De Jong (Assuming we successfully signed him)? Eriksen has great footballing IQ, but I don't think he has the legs to all the hard works.

From your suggestion, I'd even like to add Dembele as a freebie for our right wing. Before people jump on me with Dembele's record, I'd like to remind that Dembele seems to have turned things around this season under Xavi's leadership. It proves there is still a player in there. Dembele is still just 25 years old and should be entering his prime soon assuming his next club has competent medical staffs and fitness coaches. It's still risky but what transfer in this day and age isn't?

Eriksen and Dembele as free transfers would still leave us plenty of fund to pursue De Jong (Assuming we are going with cheap options like Timber or Torres for CB). Bissouma (For fresh legs) is also a gamble because of his unclear court result but whoever has the bravery to jump in right now would get 10-20 millions off compared to normal because right now all potential buyers are being cautious. A very risky gamble but I think our situation right now cannot be overcome without taking on certain risks.

The remaining funds can be used for that Nkunku kid (Very versatile as reported). He is young enough to be an understudy for Ronaldo without complain, with the versatility to fill in other slots in case we need rotation (Kinda like Martial and Rashford under Mourinho). So an economic move.

So far with this plan we would have reinforcements for striker, right wing, midfield and centre-back. If we managed to get Nkunku for cheap (I highly doubt that) then use the remaining cash on a quality rightback that fit in Ten Hag's philosophy.

If any other the above deals can be negotiated to be paid in installments, we would be even more at ease regarding budget. And that is without even mentioning our potential sale this summer.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
When did he do that?
In his last 6 months. Whether or not he downed tools or had his head in another place due to wanting out it's hard to say but I distinctly remember watching Spurs and was appalled in the performances Eriksen was putting in. Wasn't he booed by his own supporters?

kelvinwong2026

He is levels above VDB, and also a better fit than Bruno for ETH's football.

But sadly can't see us going for him having both VBD and Bruno in the squad already.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Would be a good signing considering Bruno’s inconsistency and i expect van de beek to continue to flop so there’s certainly room for him.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
In his last 6 months. Whether or not he downed tools or had his head in another place due to wanting out it's hard to say but I distinctly remember watching Spurs and was appalled in the performances Eriksen was putting in. Wasn't he booed by his own supporters?
He had a dip in form yes but was still a very important part of our team through that period, I wouldn't say he downed tools as he was a model professional throughout.

BarcaSpurs

He had a dip in form yes but was still a very important part of our team through that period, I wouldn't say he downed tools as he was a model professional throughout.
Nah there was a point in his last season where he was putting in stinker after stinker. See the Spurscommunity thread around November 2019
https://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/player-watch-christian-eriksen.122152/page-545

He must have pulled out of about 5 challenges today. An absolute coward of a player and not what we need in the side with every game now being a fight.
He’s insulting the shirt. Don’t want him in the side anymore, he’s not contributing. His time at the club has been massively tarnished. Not interested in anything he has to say or whatever now, just feck off.
Looking at him play yesterday, the grit has gone. He's not giving it 100%. Backs out of situation where he's chasing the ball, jogging around the middle. Passing is awful.

Flexdegea

I'm baffled why we aren't in for him. Excellent cover, and has still got that qualify to play 30-40 games a seasons. And he's free

LoneStar

Wait, doesn‘t Eriksen play in the same position as Bruno and maybe VDB too? We should aim for DM more if we are buying FDJ too.

Status
Not open for further replies.