Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I can see us doing this even though it’s clearly a terrible idea.

Andrew7582

Surely ETH will prioritise giving VDB a chance over this guy, doesn't make sense.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I disagree. Think it’s very shrewd business. Was the best player on the pitch when we played Brentford, and technically way better than most of our players.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He will displace Bruno if he joins. You heard it here first.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
With Bruno and VDB, surely one thing we're not short of is number 10s/attacking midfielders?
I don’t think Donny is a 10 to be honest, I hope he’s tried deeper at least.

Giggs' right foot

How is this terrible? He has the skills to at least be a squad option, he’s never been in any controversies and he’ll be free and on low wages compared to rest of the squad.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Bruno, Van de Beek, Eriksen...

I hope this all works out. Feels like we're back to stockpiling attacking midfielders.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think he's ten hag's type of player so I'm good with the idea bringing him to the squad for free. Technical, creativity, and provide service for goalscorer.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Bruno, Van de Beek, Eriksen...

I hope this all works out. Feels like we're back to stockpiling attacking midfielders.
He can play wide and used as wide player at Spurs. Perfect for ten Hag who likes to play his wide player like a no 10.

Dominos

I disagree. Think it’s very shrewd business. Was the best player on the pitch when we played Brentford, and technically way better than most of our players.
Would be brilliant business. Still think he’s better than Bruno right now.
No way, he is top. Would be great business on a free.
Do people give any thought as to how he fits into the current team?

Is he going to start ahead of Bruno? Really? Alongside Bruno? Doubtful. If he's there to deputise when Bruno isn't playing, where does that leave VDB? This would be signing a player for the sake of signing a player. If ETH wants to sell VDB then it makes sense, but I'm certain that's not going to happen.

I very much doubt this is the answer to our right wing problem either.

ForeverRed1

Do people give any thought as to how he fits into the current team?

Is he going to start ahead of Bruno? Really? Alongside Bruno? Doubtful. If he's there to deputise when Bruno isn't playing, where does that leave VDB? This would be signing a player for the sake of signing a player. If ETH wants to sell VDB then it makes sense, but I'm certain that's not going to happen.
What if Bruno gets injured? Or is out of form? Look at the depth the best teams have at their disposal. He would be a good signing to add competition and depth. We will be in the fa cup, europa, carabou and PL. time to stop playing the same 11 game in game out.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
We should stop signing ageing players with question marks over their form, fitness and suitability.

This would be a desperation signing.

NoPace

It's not insane to think we'd play like this:

------------Cristiano-----------
------Bruno-Eriksen-----Sancho
LB--------------Fred-----------
-------------FDJ----------Timber
------LCB------RCB-----------------

with VDB backing up Bruno and Eriksen, Sancho backed up by whatever young winger or Rashford that Ten Hag likes, and then buying a 9, an LCB and a RB. Can even add a new DM in there instead of Fred.

Width from the left side in the form of Shaw, Telles or a new signing, and Timber forming a back 3 a fair amount of time. De Jong controlling play from deep.

Basically, if Ten Hag sees Bruno as a winger then this deal makes sense. Otherwise no.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Absolutely. But would we need Frenkie if we had Eriksen? It'd alter the dynamics of the squad to some degree
We'd definitely need frenkie, I've become a bit of a fanboy of the kid but he would be someone to build our spine around, our fulcrum, if he works out he would be here for many many years.

Anyway why not both, especially if we can get Eriksen on a decent wage.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Eriksen and Fernandes are too alike, for me. Would be surprised if we went down this route but you never know, I guess.
Other than being attacking midfielders, they are not alike.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
We should stop signing ageing players with question marks over their form, fitness and suitability.

This would be a desperation signing.
We sign young players and they get loaned out

We sign big stars and they half arse it and get injured

We sign players in their 20s and they underwhelm

We sign older players and they leave or or get injured

To be honest, we just make bad signings.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Makes absolute sense to bring him in on a free. Zero downside. If we're looking at him to start, then we're probably in trouble, but if the intention is for him to be a very good squad option then why not? He can play anywhere behind the striker, which is an area we're short of quality in.

Dominos

What if Bruno gets injured? Or is out of form? Look at the depth the best teams have at their disposal. He would be a good signing to add competition and depth. We will be in the fa cup, europa, carabou and PL. time to stop playing the same 11 game in game out.
Well, he'd be replaced by VDB. If VDB is not up to deputising for Bruno, we need to sell him because it's a waste of time having him if he can't even be back up for a midfield position.

That's the problem, the depth we lack isn't in Eriksen's position.

The holes in our midfield are we lack a capable defensive midfielder and deep lying playmaker, neither of which Eriksen solves.

Other than being attacking midfielders, they are not alike.
But the point is we'd never realistically play them together. So one of them would have to miss out. And for VDB to get a game, it would require both Bruno and Eriksen to not be in the team. It would be a complete waste of time having VDB in the squad as 3rd choice attacking midfielder when we only play 1 attacking midfielder at a time.

Unless of course anyone thinks Eriksen is the answer to our right wing problem, which I don't think is realistic.

Tavern in the town

It's not insane to think we'd play like this:

------------Cristiano-----------
------Bruno-Eriksen-----Sancho
LB--------------Fred-----------
-------------FDJ----------Timber
------LCB------RCB-----------------

with VDB backing up Bruno and Eriksen, Sancho backed up by whatever young winger or Rashford that Ten Hag likes, and then buying a 9, an LCB and a RB. Can even add a new DM in there instead of Fred.

Width from the left side in the form of Shaw, Telles or a new signing, and Timber forming a back 3 a fair amount of time. De Jong controlling play from deep.

Basically, if Ten Hag sees Bruno as a winger then this deal makes sense. Otherwise no.
We’d finish 6th again if this was our lineup. Zero pace in attack is not going to work.

hobbers

Would be the perfect Bruno replacement. Actually having a solid option to let us drop Bruno might just force him to stop being such a train wreck.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Signing old player for free as long as the player fits the manager's system is something I can't against it as long as he doesn't do Cavani second season where he picked when he needs to play. We want to add more creativity in the squad to help Ronaldo and our goalscorers scoring more goals and Eriksen fits the profile imo.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
He’s an upgrade on Bruno if he can recapture his form from a few years ago.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Bruno needs to fight for his place, he served us turd last season and still had a place in the starting xi.

Amira

It would be crazy not to at least try. If he rejects us, fair play to him

Status
Not open for further replies.