Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Playing in the CL and for Conte seem like good added reasons too. Its not just London.
He’s played for Spurs and got some stick from the fans before he left. There, done that.

As I said United would be the only team with that elite pedigree so if he decides against it then fine but it’s his loss and a chance to put a top club on his CV

Tallis

Yeah didn’t Conte really dislike him when he was at Inter. He should definitely avoid Spurs.

He can play in a couple of different ways for us. I would love to see him start on the right.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Playing in the CL and for Conte seem like good added reasons too. Its not just London.
He had experienced working under Conte before and clearly his time at Inter didn't turn up well. I'm shocked to read the report of him more likely going to Spurs under Conte than somewhere else given how he wasn't used enough under Conte.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Engineered his way out of Tottenham just a couple of years ago, and didn't particularly get on with Conte.
It doesn't look as no brainer going there as some were making out.

Lee565

He had experienced working under Conte before and clearly his time at Inter didn't turn up well. I'm shocked to read the report of him more likely going to Spurs under Conte than somewhere else given how he wasn't used enough under Conte.
I'm not shocked, it's called lazy journalism, we see it with ten hag being linked with every Dutch player that is out there.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
London is painfully overrated. It's just a big city like any other UK big city.
London is phenomenal. Its far better than any other UK City but opinions, I guess

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm not shocked, it's called lazy journalism, we see it with ten hag being linked with every Dutch player that is out there.
No. Because the guy who reported it was tier 1 spurs journalist. That’s why I was shocked reading it came from tier 1 source.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Conte and Spurs makes more sense for him but hopefully we somehow get him.

Would be amazing if he stays at Brentford, something that happens very rarely in football.

CallyRed

Go to London Eriksen, I guarantee you’ll either be mugged or not appreciated.
Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.

Gopher Brown

Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.
Now here’s Elvis Costello with I don’t want to go to Chelsea

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Wife and kids might not want to move.
He's the man of the house. He needs to put his foot down, puff out his chest and shout out that they're going whether they like it or not because he's the boss. And when his wife stops pissing herself with laughter she might pity him and move.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Used to be great down there until it got gentrified

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
And the 7 years he spent in London before ... Where his son was born and has spent most of his life there... Or don't those foundations fit your narrative
The foundations which were so important he uprooted them multiple times? ... Or that doesn’t fit your narrative.

His son has spent half of his life outside the UK and the majority of it in London was as a toddler. His little foundations were obviously shattered when his sister was born in Italy.

Stadjer

I believe he had problems at first because he wasnt used to a Conte system. After a time he got used to it and started to play in the Conte system? He didnt play at his usual more attacking midfielder position but in a role closer to his own goal.

If you look at transfermarkt you can see that he didnt play in one game from round 22 till round 38 in the 20/21 Serie A season. Round 1 until 22 he didnt play in 11 games. He just needed to adapt, when he did adapt he did play under Conte.

Lost bear

No, its really not. Its a massive international and cultural centre as well as being the seat of national government. London has a unique history and a singular role in the UK. I'm not trying to big London up, just pointing this out as a series of facts. I confess I've missed the conversation that prompted you to make your remark, however.

Edit- Sorry, think I might have had a pompous moment there.

Last edited:

Trex

I get the point about wanting to stay in London but I feel if he wants to pursue sporting interest then we're a better fit under ETH than spurs with Conte, Conte always preferred more physical qualities in midfield over the Eriksen profile.
At Chelsea he preferred the Kante-Matic duo over Fabregas. Plus Conte style is counter attacking while Eriksen is more suited to proactive football.
But maybe at this stage in his career he'll pick a club purely because his family is already settled in the city. I always admire the player hope he comes here.

Coops73

London is brilliant, if you want something, you’ll get it there, beautiful in the summer especially, but I worked there for many years and it’s a fecking lonely old shithole if you don’t come from there or just commute to it, that being said I know people who live there and couldn’t leave or live in another smaller city/town.

I get it’s lure but it really depends on you as a person and how you want your family to live and their environment.

I love Manchester too, I’ve spent a lot of time there but for me its chalk and cheese.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Some posters here do realise living in London as a footballer is the exact same as Manchester? I've seen some of the houses the Spurs and West Ham players live in in Essex and they are stunning locations

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I have to say that his game against France reminded me how good he is. Athletically he was above most and technically he was arguably the best player on the field.

BarstoolProphet

Ah, cheers. You know why Italy has that rule and others do not?

Think they are just being extremely cautious. I remember Aly Cissokho failed his medical at Milan because some issue with his teeth possibly related to a heart condition. Or they just panicked because he was shit so decided to make that up.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Some posters here do realise living in London as a footballer is the exact same as Manchester? I've seen some of the houses the Spurs and West Ham players live in in Essex and they are stunning locations
It's not just about the house

Status
Not open for further replies.