Christian Eriksen

Robbie Boy

This guy has been quietly brilliant for a while now. He has now scored 5 and tops the PL assists chart with 10; while also creating the most chances in the league this season. I feel he has really come on in the last two seasons; but pretty much every time I have watched him this season, he's been brilliant. What I like most about him is that he links up so well with others and he isn't about personal glory (though he could certainly work on his long-range shooting). People bang on about Coutinho - who I feel can come up with better individualistic moments - but I would take Eriksen any day as I feel he's a far better team player who links things up much, much better.

Kane and Alli get all the praise (or you can call them both shit and overrated if you're on the Caf) but Eriksen has been outstanding this season and deserves a-lot of praise.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
One of those players that seems forever young. Turned 25 this month and I reckon he's got stepping up a level in him.

Robbie Boy

One of those players that seems forever young. Turned 25 this month and I reckon he's got stepping up a level in him.
Aye, crazy that he's only just turned 25 and is already near the end of his 4th season with Spurs! Such a classy player and I feel he's really stepped up his all-round game over the past two seasons. I absolutely love watching him these days.

WhoDaGOAT

I wanted us to sign him from Ajax.

He's not blessed with pace or much of a physique; he trusts in his technical ability and has great vision. He's always looking for a runner beyond the opposition. And with Kane, Ali and Walker always making the right runs, it must be a dream side to play in.

Very good playmaker. Up there with Silva.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
To think Spurs got him for around £12m :lol:
Yeah that was a Levy special, a fantastic piece of business. Eriksen is probably our most influencial player - when he has a poor game then the team tends to struggle. He isn't the flashiest of players but he is very talented. He is a much more effective player than the likes of Couthino for example but doesn't have the Brazilian's flair so the media tend to focus on Couthino more.

Donut

I don't think he's very good. Seems really wasteful whenever I watch him.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah that was a Levy special, a fantastic piece of business. Eriksen is probably our most influencial player - when he has a poor game then the team tends to struggle. He isn't the flashiest of players but he is very talented. He is a much more effective player than the likes of Couthino for example but doesn't have the Brazilian's flair so the media tend to focus on Couthino more.
Is he though? Eriksen has 5 and 10 in 25 games this season, Coutinho has 5 and 5 in just 14 starts.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Do you mean goals or assists?
Coutinho: 5 goals, 5 assists in 14 starts, 16 games total.
Eriksen: 5 goals, 10 assists in 25 games.

I don't see how Eriksen is a much more effective player based on those stats. Ain't seeing it when I watch you play either. Don't get me wrong, I think he's an excellent player but Coutinho is as influential, if not more influential for the way in which we play than Eriksen is for Spurs imo.

WhoDaGOAT

Coutinho is one of my favourite players to watch, but he's definitely more flash than substance. Loves a Row Z shot as well.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Coutinho: 5 goals, 5 assists in 14 starts, 16 games total.
Eriksen: 5 goals, 10 assists in 25 games.

I don't see how Eriksen is a much more effective player based on those stats. Ain't seeing it when I watch you play either. Don't get me wrong, I think he's an excellent player but Coutinho is as influential, if not more influential for the way in which we play than Eriksen is for Spurs imo.
Coutinho might get you a goal or two more than Eriksen does but he has nowhere near the same level of influence on the team as Eriksen does. That's what I'm getting at.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Coutinho might get you a goal or two more than Eriksen does but he has nowhere near the same level of influence on the team as Eriksen does. That's what I'm getting at.
Fair enough, I think we'll have to disagree on that one then :)

PogbaUnited

As a Dane, Eriksen can irritate me. He is a good player, don't gonna argue against that, but when he is playing for the national team, he is often anonymous and doesn't play close to his Tottenham level. Of course, there is a lot better players at Spurs than the Danish national team, but Denmark has at this moment some quite good players/talents actually like Chelsea's Andreas Christensen, Soton's Pierre-Emile Højbjerg, Leicester's Kasper Schmeichel, Betis' Riza Durmisi, Werder Bremen's Thomas Delaney etc and yet he's not playing good.

Tottenham is his level, and I don't think he has the level for the best clubs in the world. I reckon that Spurs would be the biggest club he's going to play for during his career.

WhoDaGOAT

As a Dane, Eriksen can irritate me. He is a good player, don't gonna argue against that, but when he is playing for the national team, he is often anonymous and doesn't play close to his Tottenham level. Of course, there is a lot better players at Spurs than the Danish national team, but Denmark has at this moment some quite good players/talents actually like Chelsea's Andreas Christensen, Soton's Pierre-Emile Højbjerg, Leicester's Kasper Schmeichel, Betis' Riza Durmisi, Werder Bremen's Thomas Delaney etc and yet he's not playing good.

Tottenham is his level, and I don't think he has the level for the best clubs in the world. I reckon that Spurs would be the biggest club he's going to play for during his career.
That's just how it goes sometimes. Best wasn't exactly great for Northern Ireland, nor was Giggs for Wales.

A playmaker is only as good as the players around him. Xavi doesn't rack up 30+ assists during 08/09 without the quality of attackers he had around him.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
This guy has been quietly brilliant for a while now. He has now scored 5 and tops the PL assists chart with 10; while also creating the most chances in the league this season. I feel he has really come on in the last two seasons; but pretty much every time I have watched him this season, he's been brilliant. What I like most about him is that he links up so well with others and he isn't about personal glory (though he could certainly work on his long-range shooting). People bang on about Coutinho - who I feel can come up with better individualistic moments - but I would take Eriksen any day as I feel he's a far better team player who links things up much, much better.

Kane and Alli get all the praise (or you can call them both shit and overrated if you're on the Caf) but Eriksen has been outstanding this season and deserves a-lot of praise.
Quality player. Klopp talked about how he was trying to decide over buying Mhiki, Mata or Eriksen back when he was coaching Dortmund.
His nasal voice makes him frustrating to listen to in post-match interviews though

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher

Also, he gets closed down immediately on NT matches, due to him being our key player. At Spurs he gets way more space and time to operate.
But it shows he's very limited when working as a dedicated playmaker.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
To think Spurs got him for around £12m :lol:
Was probably not even our worst sell.. at the same time we sold Alderweireld for €7m. We really sold our players under worth for a while.. you could have bought Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen and Suarez for something like €60m.

Anyway it took him a bit longer than I expected but he really seems to have developed into a top player now. Not sure about a potential move to a bigger club though as Tottenham seems to be at quite a high level itself these days.. the next level would be the truly elite clubs as I wouldn't really expect him to move to another PL club.

Robbie Boy

Was probably not even our worst sell.. at the same time we sold Alderweireld for €7m. We really sold our players under worth for a while.. you could have bought Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen and Suarez for something like €60m.

Anyway it took him a bit longer than I expected but he really seems to have developed into a top player now. Not sure about a potential move to a bigger club though as Tottenham seems to be at quite a high level itself these days.. the next level would be the truly elite clubs as I wouldn't really expect him to move to another PL club.
Those are some top class players that you's have had in the last 5/6 years!

Aye, I remember when he joined, he scored a decent amount in his first 2 seasons but I feel he really started shining last season. This season he's stepped it up again and he's been brilliant. As others have said, not the flashiest player around but he makes things happen and is a huge part of a very good Spurs side.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
Best player at Spurs.
Hard to say that, Alderweireld is outstanding and in my opinion the best CB in the PL.

I'm not sure Eriksen is the best of his type in the PL, pre December this season he was struggling for form, the last 3 months he's been excellent.

Varun

Staff
Hard to say that, Alderweireld is outstanding and in my opinion the best CB in the PL.

I'm not sure Eriksen is the best of his type in the PL, pre December this season he was struggling for form, the last 3 months he's been excellent.
Think being the best player in a team is more about being the most important player than the best in the given position in the league. Alderweireld surely has a better claim to be the best CB than Eriksen has to be the best playmaker in the league but your team relies more on Eriksen imo as the game flows through him. I havent watched much of Spurs this season though so I could very well be simply wrong.

AndyJ1985

Spurs are lucky that Eriken is very good, but not so good that Real Madrid or Barcelona are going to come calling.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Spurs are lucky that Eriken is very good, but not so good that Real Madrid or Barcelona are going to come calling.
They are lucky that the English press have 2 young English players to focus on. Should they start focussing on him, I think, he'd be a decent player for RM maybe

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Numbers are a bit misleading sometimes. He got an assist yesterday for rolling the ball 20cm which Kane proceeded to hit badly only for the ball to take a massive deflection into the goal.

That being said he's very good. Tottenham would suffer a lot without him because he makes their attack tick and takes care of the set pieces. A giant cog in their machine. Most important player along with Kane.

Seij

Best player at Spurs. Wouldn't be surprised if Real comes calling again when Modric starts showing his age.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Numbers are a bit misleading sometimes. He got an assist yesterday for rolling the ball 20cm which Kane proceeded to hit badly only for the ball to take a massive deflection into the goal.

That being said he's very good. Tottenham would suffer a lot without him because he makes their attack tick and takes care of the set pieces. A giant cog in their machine. Most important player along with Kane.
Yeah, but tbf, this is the case for most players, and is true for goals as well.

Not relevant, but the 'not been on the losing side when he's scored' stat the pundits love, for example with James Milner is the biggest nothing stat ever :D

BarcaSpurs

Yeah, but tbf, this is the case for most players, and is true for goals as well.

Not relevant, but the 'not been on the losing side when he's scored' stat the pundits love, for example with James Milner is the biggest nothing stat ever :D
I hate that, it literally has no implication to it whatsoever, totally meaningless.
the 'X has now scored 2 goals with his last 6 shots on target, when he had previously only scored 1 in his last 16' are utterly pointless most of the time as well.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
And to think they bought him for 12 mil. They'll have to
ensure some sort of tangible success to keep hold of these talented core for long.
To be fair that is probably about 23 mil in today's money. Still a great deal, mind.