Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don't really see how this take stands up.

Was Maguire out of character?

The rebuild needs experience too. You cant just buy kids forever.
No? I wasn’t against us signing Maguire.

For me, Maguire is the sort of player we should be signing for the ‘experienced leader’ role. Old enough to have the requisite experience, young enough to be coming into his prime. He’s 26, which is young for a centre half, with loads of PL experience to offer. He fit the profile perfectly, and that’s probably a large part of why he’s captaining us already.

Rob Bowman

You get him in Jan and for us it could mean CL vs no CL next year.
This for me is huge.

Making CL or not will pretty much determine what type of players we look at this summer.

From where I sit we need to improve this winter to do the things we want to do this summer... consider it a down payment.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I have a strong suspicion RM don't even want him, so I actually think this could be a goer. If people are saying they wouldn't sell us Odegaard, he plays in the same position, so there's no way they buy Eriksen.

enurs

20 mill + Matic should do it. However, I am not sure Eriksen want to sign. In the summer he said he wanted a new challange and something new. Like playing in Spain, Italy.

Judas

Open to offers
I have a strong suspicion RM don't even want him, so I actually think this could be a goer. If people are saying they wouldn't sell us Odegaard, he plays in the same position, so there's no way they buy Eriksen.
Same. I think he wants them though, and the last thing we need is a player who isn't 100% into the move.

I still think that has all the ingredients to go very wrong for us.

theklr

'Hurr durr Ole is Norwegian, just sign Odegaard and Haaland'

Why would They come here just for Ole?
They know how he is as a manager, they know how good he is with youth, they know he'll never EVER kick them under the bus, they know how much he means to United, etc etc.

Don't get me wrong, they would never come to e.g. Cardiff even if Ole was the manager there, but the combination of Man Utd and Ole could be very alluring for them.

Have to remember that for a young up-and-coming player, it is massivly important what kind of manager you have. The wrong one can hamper your career big time.

And for them, most managers are unknowns and thereby somewhat of a risk. I'd say the right manager is just as important as the right club.

All that beeiing said, Odegaard will never leave RM unless there is a straight up swap with Pogba.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Same. I think he wants them though, and the last thing we need is a player who isn't 100% into the move.

I still think that has all the ingredients to go very wrong for us.
Agreed, it would make me nervous, but when we think of the position we're in, we're in quite a good camp at the moment. I think Ole could get a tune out of him, for the rest of the season at least and that's all we really need right now. Imagine having someone like him in the team instead of the amount of times we started Pereira. I struggle to think he would be not improve us.

Verminator

Yeah but he’s not over the hill or crocked, looks like a player desperate for a move.

You don’t lose technique, he’s lost desire by the look of him. Needs a new challenge.
Sanchez lost technique, and desire is the one thing you don't want missing, if you're trying to create a competitive side.

High pressing, fast paced teams, like we are trying to become, need everyone to put in a shift.

For what it's worth, I think the player wants to add silver to his cabinet, and coming here would be a long shot, in that respect.

He'll try for a dominant team, like Juve or PSG. If he misses out and settles for a 'project', I think he'll mope, and they won't see the best of him.

I don't want that to be us.

crossy1686

career ending
Was chatting to a Spurs fan on Saturday and they reckon Eriksen isn't good enough to play at the top level, especially at a Madrid. He said he'd probably improve us in the short term should we sign him but he isn't good enough to play for United and our ambitions. Said he goes missing in key games/moments and isn't anywhere near capable of doing the things someone like Modric can.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Was chatting to a Spurs fan on Saturday and they reckon Eriksen isn't good enough to play at the top level, especially at a Madrid. He said he'd probably improve us in the short term should we sign him but he isn't good enough to play for United and our ambitions. Said he goes missing in key games/moments and isn't anywhere near capable of doing the things someone like Modric can.
Sounds a bit bitter, all spurs players have bottled it in games at some point. Modric is a Balon D'or winning midfielder, I doubt there are many midfielders are capable of doing what he's doing. If he's comparing him to Modric, seems a pretty silly comparison.

lysglimt

Scout
No? I wasn’t against us signing Maguire.

For me, Maguire is the sort of player we should be signing for the ‘experienced leader’ role. Old enough to have the requisite experience, young enough to be coming into his prime. He’s 26, which is young for a centre half, with loads of PL experience to offer. He fit the profile perfectly, and that’s probably a large part of why he’s captaining us already.
And never injured - that was important to me.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Your mate is wrong in my opinion. He is a top class player who would improve most teams in Europe. He is no Modric but to me Modric was the best midfielder in Europe for a few years and Eriksen isn't at that level. He is absolutely good enough to play for Utd, to say he isn't is ridiculous.

POF

Your mate is wrong in my opinion. He is a top class player who would improve most teams in Europe. He is no Modric but to me Modric was the best midfielder in Europe for a few years and Eriksen isn't at that level. He is absolutely good enough to play for Utd, to say he isn't is ridiculous.
He would be competing with Lingard, Pereira and Mata for the number 10 position. If he can get back to anywhere near his best he would be a huge improvement.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He would be competing with Lingard, Pereira and Mata for the number 10 position. If he can get back to anywhere near his best he would be a huge improvement.
He is a vastly better player than any of those.

DanClancy

Don't know why this thread is so busy, United thankfully won't be going near Eriksen for a variety of reasons.

I'll have a good laugh at Levy when he leaves on a free this summer.

Lemansky

That’s for certain. I really think Eriksen would be a cracking signing for us. And Ole will have talked a lot with Hareide about him. The latter is full of praise for Eriksen in general.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
'Hurr durr Ole is Norwegian, just sign Odegaard and Haaland'

Why would They come here just for Ole?
Solskjær played a big part in Haland’s development, it’s really not out of the realms of possibility they might fancy working together again.

Mark Pawelek

Still too expensive. In a normal market, based on this season, Eriksen is an £8m player. Considering his previous seasons, excellent injury record and premiership experience, you can quadruple that to £32m; but then you must halve it again because his contract is ending. So: £16 million in January; anything over that and we're being robbed; again.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Still too expensive. In a normal market, based on this season, Eriksen is an £8m player. Considering his previous seasons, excellent injury record and premiership experience, you can quadruple that to £32m; but then you must halve it again because his contract is ending. So: £16 million in January; anything over that and we're being robbed; again.
He's not Kevin Davies.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Nah

RoyH1

I've heard on Spanish radio that Zidane doesn't really want Eriksen. He wants a faster, younger more box to box type (Valverde is the only they have to fit that profile). It's the sporting director Jose Angel Sánchez that wants Eriksen because he's such a bargain.

I think his future is in Serie A. They love players on a free down there.

Suvvernmanc

I've heard on Spanish radio that Zidane doesn't really want Eriksen. He wants a faster, younger more box to box type (Valverde is the only they have to fit that profile). It's the sporting director Jose Angel Sánchez that wants Eriksen because he's such a bargain.

I think his future is in Serie A. They love players on a free down there.
I think he's Atletico bound. I've not read anything before anyone asks, it's just a hunch.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I think he's still a very good player, much better than most people are giving him credit for. That said, i don't see him fitting the profile of the type of player we seem to be after.

I guess Juve should be in for him. Its their type of signing and their midfield needs lots of work.

Robbie Boy

I have loved watching him over the years, but feck me, his form has been atrocious for a long time now.

Joe297

I have loved watching him over the years, but feck me, his form has been atrocious for a long time now.
Really? I'd say he has been poor this season but last season he was very good. You can probably put some of his form this season down to the sporadic playing time he has been getting and the clear problem Spurs were having at the end of Poch.

19/20 ----- 2G + 2A in 18 games (1019 Minutes) = Goal or assist every 254 minutes
18/19 ----- 10G + 17A in 51 games (4129 Minutes) = Goal or assist every 153 minutes
17/18 ----- 14G + 13A in 47 games (3979 Minutes) = Goal or assist every 147 minutes
16/17 ----- 12G + 23A in 48 games (4038 Minutes) = Goal or assist every 115 minutes
15/16 ----- 8G + 16A in 47 games (3906 Minutes) = Goal or assist every 162 minutes
14/15 ----- 12G + 5A in 48 games (3870 Minutes) = Goal or assist every 227 minutes

Robbie Boy

Really? I'd say he has been poor this season but last season he was very good. You can probably put some of his form this season down to the sporadic playing time he has been getting and the clear problem Spurs were having at the end of Poch.

19/20 ----- 2G + 2A in 18 games (1019 Minutes) = Goal or assist every 254 minutes
18/19 ----- 10G + 17A in 51 games (4129 Minutes) = Goal or assist every 153 minutes
17/18 ----- 14G + 13A in 47 games (3979 Minutes) = Goal or assist every 147 minutes
16/17 ----- 12G + 23A in 48 games (4038 Minutes) = Goal or assist every 115 minutes
15/16 ----- 8G + 16A in 47 games (3906 Minutes) = Goal or assist every 162 minutes
14/15 ----- 12G + 5A in 48 games (3870 Minutes) = Goal or assist every 227 minutes
I more meant the back end of last season and all of this season. Prior to that, he was one of the best and most underrated players in the league.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
From what I am reading, Spurs are now saying that they would sell him in January for £40M to another Premier League club....But as you say, he has been off the boil for a considerable time now, and it makes me wonder if he can recaputre his best form, maybe Spurs accept that he won't.
The other side to this is, that if we paid £40M for Eriksen, this would then fund Spurs to move for Grealish who apparently has a release clause of £45M.
I know which business I think makes most sense.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
From what I am reading, Spurs are now saying that they would sell him in January for £40M to another Premier League club....But as you say, he has been off the boil for a considerable time now, and it makes me wonder if he can recaputre his best form, maybe Spurs accept that he won't.
The other side to this is, that if we paid £40M for Eriksen, this would then fund Spurs to move for Grealish who apparently has a release clause of £45M.
I know which business I think makes most sense.
No team will pay 40mil for him in January.

He is currently worth around 5mil max.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Anyone that even thinks about paying more than £20m next month is insane. Despite the fact United are desperate for creativity I don't want us to go anywhere near him. He clearly doesn't want to play in this league any more.

No team will pay 40mil for him in January.

He is currently worth around 5mil max.
he’s worth more than £5m as he could make a difference to a PL team for 6 months - and they would be provided certainty having signed him on a contract, rather than wait until the summer. However, logically that’s only for a PL team, for a foreign club to pay a transfer fee for him and now, rather than a pre-contract would mean they really are desperate for him in the second half of the season.

I think he could be a good player for us, and give our midfield the creativity it needs, but clearly there are a few question marks around him.

SAFMUTD

He’s the next Ozil, we should stay as far as we can. We dont need another overpaid “usted to be great” player, we already have Alexis.

theklr

If he is the only one we realistically can get in January, we should go for it. At least if Pogba goes. We need to take that risk if we’re gunning for 4th spot.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Anything under 20mil and we should give it a shot. Else steer clear because if we are paying the big bucks I would rather someone younger, more mobile and with better pace for that number 10 role.

Denis' cuff

He'll be 28 and 6 months old when he kicks a ball for his new club this summer and will turn 29, 6 months into next season as his 28th birthday is only 3 months away in Feb.

So yes he is close to 30. He'll be 29 and 6 months old after just one season with us, he doesn't have 3 years until 30 and turns 29 after playing for us just six months in, for example. Not saying he's coming here.

Not saying we shouldn't sign if possible.

He’ll be 28 when the next season kicks off.

He might be eligible for a pension in about 40 years time.

Jeez.

More to the point, I ’d be concerned about his motivation. Hard to really know.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I don't understand all the negativity. He's lost the spark at Spurs, he's ready for a new challenge. He's had a shocking last 6 months of football but he'd be a massive upgrade on Perreira or Jesse. I think he'd be a fantastic signing.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I don't understand all the negativity. He's lost the spark at Spurs, he's ready for a new challenge. He's had a shocking last 6 months of football but he'd be a massive upgrade on Perreira or Jesse. I think he'd be a fantastic signing.
Same happened with Alexis

Macedonian Red

28yo is not much for a footbal player. Thats the best years for most players. There is some exceptions with players who play at highest level from teen years, or with players with a lot of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.