Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Our team is crying out for a player of his profile.

dev1l

Think he’s going to Italy but he’s worth 20m this month
Apparently he prefers to play in either spain or Italy. So as long as there are good offers from there we have no chance

LJJT

Apparently he prefers to play in either spain or Italy. So as long as there are good offers from there we have no chance
Yeah I think the Italian tax system dictates he goes there. If that’s the case then I guess he’s not for us any way but if he is keen to join us and we have to buy him rather than wait till summer I am all for it he’s quality

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
There is no point in signing him unless he actually wants to come. It would be Di Maria all over again.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
A player of his profile would be mad to come here right now.

Inter is a very good move at the start of 2020.
Are there any serious rumours of him going there? And with Sensi coming back from injury do they really need him?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
They clearly dont play with high tempo
Sorry Jose, forgot you were the font of all knowledge :rolleyes::lol:
They're top for a reason, Conte has them playing some very good football, at a high tempo that other teams are finding it hard to live with.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
There is no point in signing him unless he actually wants to come. It would be Di Maria all over again.
This. We cant afford any more mistakes in our recruitment. We would have signed him in the summer if he wanted to come if the rumours are true

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
This. We cant afford any more mistakes in our recruitment. We would have signed him in the summer if he wanted to come if the rumours are true
Yea i still see some posters saying we should sign this and that. They dont realize that our policy has changed since Ole came in. We are more than likely going to be only signing players who really want to come.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I get the need for a player of that quality...it's obvious.

But he clearly doesn't fancy United, and feck having anyone who doesn't fancy the shirt.

jem

Yea i still see some posters saying we should sign this and that. They dont realize that our policy has changed since Ole came in. We are more than likely going to be only signing players who really want to come.
To me that is such a flawed strategy. What we should really be doing is signing talented players who are professional in their approach. You can't tell me that Aguero, Silva and Toure all dreamed of playing for City back in the early 2010s. Yet they were model professionals (notwithstanding a few of Toure's quirks off the pitch,) and they formed the foundation for City's greatness. Yes, you need to pay top dollar, but it's not like we pay bargain-basement salaries to these player who want to be here (see Lingard, Jesse.) What is really required is top-notch scouting to find these players, and that is what I fear we don't have.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
To me that is such a flawed strategy. What we should really be doing is signing talented players who are professional in their approach. You can't tell me that Aguero, Silva and Toure all dreamed of playing for City back in the early 2010s. Yet they were model professionals (notwithstanding a few of Toure's quirks off the pitch,) and they formed the foundation for City's greatness. Yes, you need to pay top dollar, but it's not like we pay bargain-basement salaries to these player who want to be here (see Lingard, Jesse.) What is really required is top-notch scouting to find these players, and that is what I fear we don't have.
No, they didn't...you are spot on.

But they were on the way up, and that rise was fairly obvious. Most people felt it was a matter of time...

With United right now...I think it's difficult to understand where we are heading right now...this is Eriksen's last big contract...so it may be understandable he feels we are a gamble worth taking.

I dont care, like you, whether someone dreamt about playing for Ubited...but sod going for someone who clearly isn't up for it.

jem

No, they didn't...you are spot on.

But they were on the way up, and that rise was fairly obvious. Most people felt it was a matter of time...

With United right now...I think it's difficult to understand where we are heading right now...this is Eriksen's last big contract...so it may be understandable he feels we are a gamble worth taking.

I dont care, like you, whether someone dreamt about playing for Ubited...but sod going for someone who clearly isn't up for it.
Yeah I totally agree with that. I like Erikssen, but we really can't afford another high-wage flop, ala Sanchez.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Multiple sources claiming already he signed for Inter for a fee between 20-25M€, so it's probably an almost done deal.

/thread ?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Multiple sources claiming already he signed for Inter for a fee between 20-25M€, so it's probably an almost done deal.

/thread ?
Not sure it was ever a starter in the first place. He quite clearly turned us down in the summer and said he wanted to go abroad, that was never going to change.

Amerifan

Sign him. With him on the pitch the Spurs are like a different team. Plus it would be awesome to have someone who can take a corner.

arthurka

I don´t know but Inter have been struggling financially so I don´t know where they would find the money for this? But if he is available we should go and get him in this window even if it´s only for his set pieces he would be an asset.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Don't think Inter have financial problems now that play Champions League every year, just last summer they signed Lukaku (€ 70+ mln) and hired Conte (who earns € 10 mln net a-season.)

Anyway they've tons of players out on loan who are doing well (Icardi, Gabigol, Perisic, Nainggolan, Joao Mario, Dalbert, Radu etc.), they might get €120-140 mln within June without touching the first squad..

Bestietom

Back in for Fernandes again. Price up to 85million now. Could have had him for 60million in the summer.

NoPace

His 'game age' is more relevant than his 'passport age'.

461-games-old is very high, especially in the modern game. The vast majority of players (with the exception of a handful of freaks) decline sharply at around 500.
He plays central, runs a lot, isn't thick and is a creative player, so I'd bet on him aging decently, but I think that's enough games to suggest he'd be a 3-4 year player for us and probably we could expect a very good but not great player. Probably makes more sense if Pogba leaves, and we sign a #10 and have that player, Eriksen, Fred and McTominay as our 4 main mids next year with Eriksen playing in a 2 against weaker teams at home and as a #10 or part of a 4-3-3 otherwise.

Rolaholic

Our pull for anyone born outside of the UK has to be at an all-time low at the moment

Ranchero

At his best, the kind of creative we should be looking at and Inter is offering just £8m for him.

We could get an offer at a snip on his value accepted by Spurs now on the Dane who has six months left on his contract.

However the question is whether he will go to a other English club.

theklr

At his best, the kind of creative we should be looking at and Inter is offering just £8m for him.

We could get an offer at a snip on his value accepted by Spurs now on the Dane who has six months left on his contract.

That question has been answered alot of times - he will not.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Pretty well reported he wants a new country.

Ranchero

That question has been answered alot of times - he will not.
It is silly to discount, especially if Levy gets cheesed off with Inter. A cheeky better rival bid to test everyone's resolve would do no harm.

If Eriksen can't go to Inter and the fans are on his back....

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It is silly to discount, especially if Levy gets cheesed off with Inter. A cheeky better rival bid to test everyone's resolve would do no harm.

If Eriksen can't go to Inter and the fans are on his back....
He will just wait and go on a free, his wife wants out of England, Levy may accept but I doubt Erikson's hand will be forced.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Adios Eriksen. The deal with Inter is apparently for €20m, plus an additional 5% in solidarity payments, as well as the entire gross for a friendly between Inter and Tottenham.

That's pretty good considering he was out of contract in a few months. We even made a profit over what we paid for him.

cyberman

In what sense?
Not paying wages that he deserved, hanging onto him for so long because of some bullshit dont sell to rivals and wanting to show off how tough you are in negotiations.. having him take 18 months off since he couldnt give a feck anymore and getting the bare mininum for him that includes an amount that a player would get for his testimonial as a clause.
Is this friendly in london by the way? Are your own fans going to pay a percentage of Inters fee?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Not paying wages that he deserved, hanging onto him for so long because of some bullshit dont sell to rivals and wanting to show off how tough you are in negotiations.. having him take 18 months off since he couldnt give a feck anymore and getting the bare mininum for him that includes an amount that a player would get for his testimonial as a clause.
Is this friendly in london by the way? Are your own fans going to pay a percentage of Inters fee?
He wanted to leave to go abroad. Wages weren't really the issue - he turned down a very big increase offer, which, on the plus side, saved Spurs a lot of money.

And, as I said, we've sold him for more than we paid for him, despite his having just a few months left on his contract. Plus, with his help we became an established top 4 club … and now we've replaced him with Lo Celso, who looks to be an excellent player.

I'm quite happy with the way things have turned out.

I don't know where the friendly will be played, only that Spurs will get all of the gross for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.