Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth.R

Find it difficult to see how we’d accommodate Pogba & Eriksen in the same side, without taking away from one of their games.

Now, if Pogba was dead set on leaving... there are few better replacements around imo.

Patrick08

It doesn't matter if he'd prefer a domestic club - he's not going to prefer it so much that he'd give up the chance of playing for the likes of RM or Barca and immediately boosting his wages by a big amount. Levy won't sell to a Prem rival, regardless of what Eriksen might prefer.
Barca don't need him.

cyberman

Toby wasn't wanted by RM or Barca - big difference. Nor is it just about wages - waiting another year to leave as a free agent would mean he'd be 28 years old heading towards 29. That's a year, when he's entering the later stages of his career, that he could be playing for RM or Barca.

It's a total pipe dream to believe that he pines for United.
You were telling us how Levy would sell him abroad rather than letting him join us now Toby didn't have any interest from abroad? Also Barca aren't interested you crackpot. They've splurged on midfield already this year.
Remember the whole European transfer window closing after ours played right into your hands etc etc story you were spinning? How did that work out?
Signs are that Toby waited a year to join us as will Eriksen if he wants to stay in England or if he doesn't fancy Spain or whatever factor we aren't aware of.
Spurs have little say over his final destination here.
Unless staying at Spurs is such a hardship that he just has to leave this summer? Are we going to pretend that you'l force him out?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It doesn't matter if he'd prefer a domestic club - he's not going to prefer it so much that he'd give up the chance of playing for the likes of RM or Barca and immediately boosting his wages by a big amount. Levy won't sell to a Prem rival, regardless of what Eriksen might prefer.
I think you're right about this. I'd take him in a heartbeat, but I don't see Spurs selling to us and I don't see him choosing us over Barca/Real.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
You were telling us how Levy would sell him abroad rather than letting him join us now Toby didn't have any interest from abroad? Also Barca aren't interested you crackpot. They've splurged on midfield already this year.
Remember the whole European transfer window closing after ours played right into your hands etc etc story you were spinning? How did that work out?
Signs are that Toby waited a year to join us as will Eriksen if he wants to stay in England or if he doesn't fancy Spain or whatever factor we aren't aware of.
Spurs have little say over his final destination here.
Unless staying at Spurs is such a hardship that he just has to leave this summer? Are we going to pretend that you'l force him out?
If United are playing in the EL next season - and if he still signs for United - you'll be paying at least £68m (including wages over 4 years) for a player who turns 31 next season, would only be coming for the money and sees United as a cosy retirement home. In that event, good luck to you.

As for Eriksen, he isn't going to United no matter how you slice it. It's as simple as that.

cyberman

If United are playing in the EL next season - and if he still signs for United - you'll be paying at least £68m (including wages over 4 years) for a player who is only coming for the money and sees United a cosy retirement home and turns 31 next season. In that event, good luck to you.

As for Eriksen, he isn't going to United no matter how you slice it. It's as simple as that.
If he did you'll be on here preaching how signing a 28 year old for x amount is a negative etc.
And so the world turns..Just think about this. We could be here in 2020 with Eriksen and Toby playing for Utd for a combined 25m.
Some deal that

Scholsey2004

He'd be a terrific signing, presuming he's interested. I doubt we'd be his first choice. Touch wood he looks to be ready for a move.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Eriksen is class but we should look for upcoming prospects. His age, profile and wage demands isn’t in sync with what we need.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
We're getting linked to him tonight with rumours that we're willing to offer him £250k a week in wages. The article suggests that Eriksen is a boyhood Madrid fan but he's not high on the list of priorities for the club. I highly doubt that Spurs will sell to us, but he'll only have 1 year left on his contract come the summer. Levy will still likely demand £75m+.

Jesus Christ was also a boyhood Real Madrid fan, not a lot of people know that.

Everyone supports them apparently.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
If United are playing in the EL next season - and if he still signs for United - you'll be paying at least £68m (including wages over 4 years) for a player who turns 31 next season, would only be coming for the money and sees United as a cosy retirement home. In that event, good luck to you.

I also doubt he wants to join this current United setup over Real Madrid etc.

That said, he will decide where he plays next season. Not Daniel Levy.

It always cracks me up that you think the mighty Spurs are an exception to the universal rule of football which is players choose where they play in the medium term.

We have seen cases where a club have held on to a player for a season against their wishes but that is the max. They always get to where they want to go.

This applies to all players and clubs.

Losing Eriksen would be a massive regression for Spurs. I hope he stays.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
If he did you'll be on here preaching how signing a 28 year old for x amount is a negative etc.
And so the world turns..Just think about this. We could be here in 2020 with Eriksen and Toby playing for Utd for a combined 25m.
Some deal that
Yes, and Cornwall might launch their own independent moon landing.

Canagel

He is basically the same as Pogba. A killer in the final third that operates behind two other mids but still not the right midfielder to bring the balance imo. Why do we need 2 same players for 1 job? And who is this special DM that will help us to accomadate 2 attacking midfielders? Unless Pogba is leaving (no indication) it makes no sense. When we should be buying a DM and CM already.

passing-wind

Way too many subjective opinions from spurs fans the reality is :

1. Leaves this season
2. Next season goes for free
3. Signs an extension

If Madrid offer a deal this season, spurs will accept it there's nothing around this because even at a low fee it's damage limitation. That's common sense, no need to even speculate its basic business acumen.

The only way I can see Eriksen at United is if we offer a ridiculous sum of money and there's no concrete interest abroad which Eriksen is interested in himself. Or, he's into the last year of his contract and we somehow persuade him to deflect interest elsewhere and sign.

I keep seeing levy levy levy, there's only one individual who decides where he plays and that's Christian himself. Levy simply is the filter between what offer is acceptable and not acceptable (this season). This however doesn't define where Eriksen plays, it's simply controlling the financial result of his impending departure. As soon as Eriksen hits the last 12 months of his contract Levy has no influence over anything.

There's too many circumstances as to why this deal won't happen, it's a lose lose for spurs because unless they can somehow reshape the structure of their club within 24 months and afford the going rate that is offered to world class players, they will always have this hurdle to climb.

This also isn't a post to contrast the difference between spurs and us because we potentially will start seeing the same problems persist with Pogba, the problem is we have the structure to fulfill a players financial desires but at what cost is it worth paying when It sets a low player power standard moving forward. Which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Madrid.

Last edited:

Coops73

Yes, and Cornwall might launch their own independent moon landing.
Fair fecks to you mate, it must be some sort of weird Internet forum masochist kind of thing and hey! each to their own I say, different strokes for different folks an’ all that but you love to bite on some of this shit.

Patrick08

He is basically the same as Pogba. A killer in the final third that operates behind two other mids but still not the right midfielder to bring the balance imo. Why do we need 2 same players for 1 job? And who is this special DM that will help us to accomadate 2 attacking midfielders? Unless Pogba is leaving (no indication) it makes no sense. When we should be buying a DM and CM already.
If we are dependent on pogba alone, we ain't winning anything significant next season again its poor planning. Eriksen can play multiple positions including right wing and would provide more creativity and depth in the squad and we would have an option when pogba is out or sulks like he does time and time again. Also we don't have to always play 2 dm if we are playing a poor defensive side in epl. Would be a much more of screwed signing than Sancho at this point.

Patrick08

The only way I can see Eriksen at United is if we offer a ridiculous sum of money and there's no concrete interest abroad which Eriksen is interested in himself. Or, he's into the last year of his contract and we somehow persuade him to deflect interest elsewhere and sign.
Does'nt hurt to take our chances.

sp_107

Not again, Though he is only 27 he comes across someone peaked to early, Even spurs fans are against him this season.
Dont like to bring in players like Eriksen, Kroos (age&pace) and try to fit them in because they are big names. We must stop making same mistakes again and again

Silas

Good player, but even at the tip of a diamond, think I'd rather someone that's slightly more individualistic. Someone in the Hazard mould would be a better fit than someone who's mainly a passer.

MrSingh2002

Shouldve signed this guy when it was clear he wanted to leave Ajax. Absolute joke that we didn't sign a player that could've been used in the Scholes mould alongside a CDM.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham

1. Leaves this season
3. Signs an extension

If Madrid offer a deal this season, spurs will accept it there's nothing around this because even at a low fee it's damage limitation. That's common sense, no need to even speculate its basic business acumen.

I keep seeing levy levy levy, there's only one individual who decides where he plays and that's Christian himself. Levy simply is the filter between what offer is acceptable and not acceptable (this season). This however doesn't define where Eriksen plays, it's simply controlling the financial result of his impending departure. As soon as Eriksen hits the last 12 months of his contract Levy has no influence over anything.

There's too many circumstances as to why this deal won't happen, it's a lose lose for spurs because unless they can somehow reshape the structure of their club within 24 months and afford the going rate that is offered to world class players, they will always have this hurdle to climb.

This also isn't a post to contrast the difference between spurs and us because we potentially will start seeing the same problems persist with Pogba, the problem is we have the structure to fulfill a players financial desires but at what cost is it worth paying when It sets a low player power standard moving forward. Which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Madrid.
Agree with this.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Or Pogba should play CM and do his job. To be perfectly honest though he does alot and many ignore that. Pogba isnt just an AM

Prodigy24

Don't know why we would need Eriksen when there are other positions we have to strengthen first. He would be like an upgraded version of Mata, and I don't know if we need that right now.

AgentP

Or Pogba should play CM and do his job. To be perfectly honest though he does alot and many ignore that. Pogba isnt just an AM
Yeah, Pogba seems to do fine in a 2-man midfield for France but when it comes to United, we have to adjust our team to suit his needs.

Nialinho

Would be Mata all over again. Pointless signing and we would waste him.
We really lack creativity and quality at set pieces and considering Eriksen is one of the best players in the league regardless, I don't know how you can think it'd be pointless?

flappyjay

We really lack creativity and quality at set pieces and considering Eriksen is one of the best players in the league regardless, I don't know how you can think it'd be pointless?
It's weird that he is so underrated in this place and that people don't see a need for another playmaker besides Pogba. Only question is how to fit them both in midfield whilst not losing out defensively. But then again if David silva and De Bruyne can do it then with proper coaching Pogba and Eriksen could do it too

Nialinho

It's weird that he is so underrated in this place and that people don't see a need for another playmaker besides Pogba. Only question is how to fit them both in midfield whilst not losing out defensively. But then again if David silva and De Bruyne can do it then with proper coaching Pogba and Eriksen could do it too
There's a lot of people on here who probably only watch United because Eriksen is undeniably world-class. If we change our system and become a lot more competent in possession, I think the onus on us to have such a robust midfield will be gone. To be fair to Pogba, he loses the ball a lot because there isn't a lot of options or movement ahead of him. If Ole can sort that out and get the team a hell of a lot fitter (we always look knackered), a midfield three with Eriksen and a monstrous DM signing (or potentially Fred) can be awesome.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

1. Leaves this season
3. Signs an extension

He will either leave for Madrid in the summer (very likely I think) or if that doesn't happen he will sign a new contract with Spurs. Those are the only two realistic options - he would prefer a move to Real but from what I have read he would be content signing a new contract with Spurs if his dream move to Madrid doesnt happen.

Patrick08

He will either leave for Madrid in the summer (very likely I think) or if that doesn't happen he will sign a new contract with Spurs. Those are the only two realistic options - he would prefer a move to Real but from what I have read he would be content signing a new contract with Spurs if his dream move to Madrid doesnt happen.
He wont sign a new contract if he can earn much bigger at other clubs.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
He wont sign a new contract if he can earn much bigger at other clubs.
Spurs could put him on the same wages as Kane, 200k a week. That could be enough to convince him to stay, especially if his family is settled and happy in London. But I agree there is no way he is sticking around on the current 80k a week he is getting paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.