Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcking

You get a different sense of a player when you see them live. His touch isn't brilliant, that's something you can tell very quickly. Fantastic ball striker, but without a brilliant touch you won't be an elite level player in his position or slightly deeper.
His touch is very good, he is incisive, he's got one great weak foot, and he's got the magic. He is one of my favourite players in the EPL, and I love the way he just coordinates attacks in the final third like it is nothing. I always get excited the moment he gets on the ball despite the fact he does not play for team I really support.

DanClancy

Eriksen is clearly a top player but he's not exactly the type of player we currently need. We need a right back, at least one centre half, at least one centre mid and right winger so Eriksen won't be a player United are pursuing this summer.

MadMike

Why would he come to us ? He can goto City to replace silva, or Barca to replace Rakitic or Real to play with Pogba.
- City's D.Silva replacement is B.Silva. They also still have KDB and Gundogan for the same position. As well as young Foden coming through. They need a DM not a CAM.
- Barca already signed Rakitic's replacement in De Jong.
- Real don't need two CAMs, they only need one to replace Modric. If they sign one, they're highly unlikely to sign the other.

The only reason he would come to us is money, combined with no one better coming in for him.

Mcking

Eriksen is clearly a top player but he's not exactly the type of player we currently need. We need a right back, at least one centre half, at least one centre mid and right winger so Eriksen won't be a player United are pursuing this summer.
I'd go as far to say he is exactly the player we need. An attacking midfielder that is very accomplished technically, controls the game in attack, and consistently delivers the final ball.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
- City's D.Silva replacement is B.Silva. They also still have KDB and Gundogan for the same position. As well as young Foden coming through. They need a DM not a CAM.
- Real don't need two CAMs, they only need one to replace Modric. If they sign one, they're highly unlikely to sign the other.

The only reason he would come to us is money, combined with no one better coming in for him.
He is much more likely to sign a new contract with us than sign for Utd - although I still expect him to leave for Madrid.

MadMike

Not to anybody in the Premiership.
Honestly though if the Spanish giants don't go for him and United offer him £75m and turn Eriksen's head with £250k basic, would Levy take the loss on him. Maybe, but I'm not so sure.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Honestly though if the Spanish giants don't go for him and United offer him £75m and turn Eriksen's head with £250k basic, would Levy take the loss on him. Maybe, but I'm not so sure.
Absolutely no chance whatsoever.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Show Levy the money and he’ll sell. Especially with their new stadium debt.
If we get CL again on top of the prize money for being CL semi finalists (very substantial, could increase even more if we can go further) our finances will be extremely healthy.

The stadium debt is very serviceable with our revenue skyrocketing recently, and Levy will be in no rush to sell players just because of decent fees, he's a businessman but he knows it's often cheaper to keep hold of key players than it is to sell them and potentially risk signing a flop. We learnt that with Bale.

If Eriksen wants to stay, Levy will not sell, unless the transfer fee was next level stupid and couldn't be turned down.

AJ10

At the end of next season, he's free? wtf I thought levy was some genius according to some but this is ed level of stupid. Why isn't he under new contract?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

B.Silva plays on right and Mahrez will probably leave.
Dejong is Busquets replacement.
Its Real we are talking about and there is no 'sense' to them when it comes to transfers. They can sell both Kroos and Modric or they can ship Bale out and have him play on the right.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
At the end of next season, he's free? wtf I thought levy was some genius according to some but this is ed level of stupid. Why isn't he under new contract?

He doesn't want to sign one. There's not much you can do about that, clearly the club is trying extremely hard to get him a contract but he's not that far off his 30's now and personally I think he's probably thinking about getting some trophies under his belt, as well as a healthy contract.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If we get CL again on top of the prize money for being CL semi finalists (very substantial, could increase even more if we can go further) our finances will be extremely healthy.

The stadium debt is very serviceable with our revenue skyrocketing recently, and Levy will be in no rush to sell players just because of decent fees, he's a businessman but he knows it's often cheaper to keep hold of key players than it is to sell them and potentially risk signing a flop. We learnt that with Bale.

If Eriksen wants to stay, Levy will not sell, unless the transfer fee was next level stupid and couldn't be turned down.
It is obvious to me that players with only 1 year remaining in their contracts won't stay, such as Eriksen, Hazard, Gundogan. So sell the players to the highest bidder and avoid them leaving for free like Ramsey and Rabiot. Use the money to buy a replacement. No one will pay extraordinary fee for players with only 1 year left in contract. I doubt even Madrid will pay 100m for Harazd.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It is obvious to me that players with only 1 year remaining in their contracts won't stay, such as Eriksen, Hazard, Gundogan, may be Pogba and de Gea. So sell the players to the highest bidder and avoid them leaving for free like Ramsey and Rabiot. No one will pay extraordinary fee for players with only 1 year left in contract. I doubt even Madrid will pay 100m for Harazd.
He will be sold this summer if we know he is not going to sign a new contract - at the moment it's unclear but he will either leave this summer or sign a new contract - no way will he still be here next season if he has not already renewed.

AJ10

He doesn't want to sign one. There's not much you can do about that, clearly the club is trying extremely hard to get him a contract but he's not that far off his 30's now and personally I think he's probably thinking about getting some trophies under his belt, as well as a healthy contract.
Oh fair enough, not much anyone can do then but surely you lot must have offered him a big contract at least.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
We even sold Van Persie and Sanchez to Man Utd, so i don't see why it is a big deal selling to other top EPL clubs. It is just business and nothing personal.

DanClancy

I'd go as far to say he is exactly the player we need. An attacking midfielder that is very accomplished technically, controls the game in attack, and consistently delivers the final ball.
United don't have a bottomless pit of money though, would be astounded if he was bought.

MadMike

He is much more likely to sign a new contract with us than sign for Utd - although I still expect him to leave for Madrid.
Perhaps. He's certainly at a more stable environment that's fore sure. But then there's the money thing. It's the only leverage we have really :D

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Would love him here. His passing is extremely good and has a clear eye for goal.

I actually think he'd do really well too as we absolutely need players to open up the space like he can. Would gladly swap him for Pogba.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
He’s a businessman and speaks the language of money.
Yes. And the club world-record profits that Spurs have recently made - combined with the (at least) £100m we will make all told from the CL this season and the projected extra income from our new stadium for next season - all tell Levy that we are rolling in money and therefore would have no need to sell Eriksen to the highest bidder if that bidder is another Prem club.

MadMike

United don't have a bottomless pit of money though, would be astounded if he was bought.
I personally think him and Pogba won't fit in the same team, despite what others in here say. Eriksen has the cover of Wanyama and Sissoko or Winks at Spurs. Pogba's best games are when he's protected by both Matic and Herrera. They wouldn't easily fit in the same starting XI.

I only think we'd go for him if Real come calling for Pogba. No guarantee whatsoever that we'd get him though. We're probably the least likely of the possible destinations.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It is obvious to me that players with only 1 year remaining in their contracts won't stay, such as Eriksen, Hazard, Gundogan. So sell the players to the highest bidder and avoid them leaving for free like Ramsey and Rabiot. Use the money to buy a replacement. No one will pay extraordinary fee for players with only 1 year left in contract. I doubt even Madrid will pay 100m for Harazd.
He's not got a year left yet, and there's still a chance (if madrid don't come in for him) that he will still sign.

And no, we don't just sell to the highest bidder, we sell abroad. This isn't Arsenal, we will not strengthen rivals if we can possibly help it.

DanClancy

I personally think him and Pogba won't fit in the same team despite what other's say. Eriksen has the cover of Wanyama and Sissoko or Winks at Spurs. Pogba's bet games are when he's protected by moth Matic and Herrera.

I only think we'd go for him if Real come calling for Pogba. No guarantee whatsoever that we'd get him though. We're probably the least likely of the possible destinations.

I agree, Eriksen and Pogba in the same team doesn't sound like a good fit to me.

Josh 76

England played Denmark a few years ago. (Before spurs had signed him). I told everyone then this player will be better than Jack Wilitshire. I was laughed at all the way out of the pub.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
England played Denmark a few years ago. (Before spurs had signed him). I told everyone then this player will be better than Jack Wilitshire. I was laughed at all the way out of the pub.
Ahh... more innocent times.

MadMike

Absolutely no chance whatsoever.
No chance what? That'd he let him go for free next year or that £250k basic would turn his head?

It's unlikely, but less likely things have already happened. So I wouldn't be as certain as you.

We'll see I guess. I also think he'll end up in Spain for the record. The scenario of Real going for Pogba (which is the only way we'd even go or Eriksen) and Eriksen coming to United is a very improbable one

Johan07

Total hyperbolic bollocks.

Some posters mistake extreme outliers for the "new norm". Just as they claim you can't now sign any decent players for less than £50m (or whatever the latest in-vogue figure is) - and then they wonder how Spurs can go out and sign Moura for half that amount.
Its really not. Moura stunk the place up at PSG and no one else was interested in him. PSG was not going to renew his contract which was running down and had put him on the market in the summer of 2017 already with no takers. If anything the fact that Spurs paid 25m for him is a sign of how much the transfer market has been inflated the last two years. To not understand that this fact will inevitably affect the players wages as well in a similar fashion is delusional.

Johan07

As big? No. But it's a bigger accomplishment than not winning the league at all I'd argue.

How did you work out that Sterling's basic rate is £180k? The only leaked information is his potential salary including all bonuses, which is £300k. I'd expect his basic rate to be well above £200k to match the higher earners at City.

And yeah, taking Ramsay as an example I reckon there's a few clubs in Italy and Spain as well as PSG that could pay him more. But we're really talking bout 5-6 clubs at best.
There is no way that Sterling is making less than 300k a week. I would imagine that Sterling got a nice sign-on fee when he signed his new contract. Which should really be added to his basic wage and bonuses to get a fair image of what he is actually earning. Sterling is worth maybe 125m today in the transfer market. Its not a bad benchmark to say that 50 percent of that value should translate to his wages over the term of his contract.

Suedesi

He will be sold this summer if we know he is not going to sign a new contract - at the moment it's unclear but he will either leave this summer or sign a new contract - no way will he still be here next season if he has not already renewed.
Where would he go? Don't think Real Madrid or Barcelona will be prepared to pay up for him.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Where would he go? Don't think Real Madrid or Barcelona will be prepared to pay up for him.
Real Madrid most likely - I think it's likely them or nobody. Eriksen has said in the past that Madrid is his dream move. I suspect he is holding off on the contract in the hope Madrid make a move for him, if they don't then I think he will sign a new contract.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wow! What an accolade, better than Wiltshire!!

Suedesi

Real Madrid most likely - I think it's likely them or nobody. Eriksen has said in the past that Madrid is his dream move. I suspect he is holding off on the contract in the hope Madrid make a move for him, if they don't then I think he will sign a new contract.
If Madrid don't come for him, why would he re-sign with Spurs? Other clubs could/would offer a better package to him...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes. And the club world-record profits that Spurs have recently made - combined with the (at least) £100m we will make all told from the CL this season and the projected extra income from our new stadium for next season - all tell Levy that we are rolling in money and therefore would have no need to sell Eriksen to the highest bidder if that bidder is another Prem club.
World record profit trophy to go along with best stadium trophy.

Oh to be a Spurs fan, so envious!

Status
Not open for further replies.