Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fps

Yeah all the barren years have really hurt liverpool..................they've had a fanbase amongst kids to rival United going back to 90s.

One league cup in a decade and most kids are still united and liverpool.
Do you have stats to back this up? And where are you referring to in the world in terms of this?

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
That's rich coming from a Chelsea fan :lol:

So we're a small club are we? Why did Pogba join us over Real Madrid, or Sanchez over City, or Lukaku over Chelsea. Ectera ectera.

United is of the biggest clubs in world football, with or without CL football. You're living in a dream world if you think our club has lost any of its lure.
Quick one, why do you use smiley faces so much. Do you think it makes you come across as being witty?

If you listen to yourself, you will realise you are beginning to sound like Liverpool fans before they became relevant again. The biggest club in the history of football/ biggest history since records began. No one is disputing the size or history of UTD, at least am certainly not. Gaint of a club no doubt and I do not for a second think Chelsea is anywhere near when it comes to history so don't break your keyboard in a fit of rage.

But if you will be honest with yourself which I doubt you will judging by your last post. All those players only joined you for money and had Madrid or Barcelona matched your offer, do you think they will have joined you?

But don't let facts get in the way of your chest thumbing/ whaling spill of the greatest club since man walk the moon.

- Lukaku came because Chelsea was reluctant to pay his asking price at the beginning and when they decided to match it, it was too late

- Sanchez came because you made him the highest-paid player in the premiership when he clearly isn't even top 10

- Pogba came because you paid world record fee for him at the time which real refused to match. It was that transfer that made transfer prices what they are today

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Kane is clearly ahead of the rest. No debate for me, and for most Spurs fans I'd imagine.

Then I'd probably have Eriksen 2nd .. but Vertonghen and Son are close, closer to Eriksen than Eriksen is to Kane imo.
Yeah Kane definitely the best thinking about it, but Eriksen’s probably been your most consistent player over the past few years. He’s excellent at what he does

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Kids are fickle. So many Blackburn shirts to be seen everywhere in 1995 and now they don't even wear them in Blackburn.
I can't ever remembering seeing one Blackburn shirt where i live at an age we all wore kits.
One newcastle one.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
So given the choice, who would you all prefer out of Eriksen, Dybala or Bruno?

I know Dybala’s out of the equation but just weighing up the possible players we could’ve bought. Eriksen easily for me.
Eriksen didn’t want to come though, so it wasn’t possible.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Quick one, why do you use smiley faces so much. Do you think it makes you come across as being witty?

If you listen to yourself, you will realise you are beginning to sound like Liverpool fans before they became relevant again. The biggest club in the history of football/ biggest history since records began. No one is disputing the size or history of UTD, at least am certainly not. Gaint of a club no doubt and I do not for a second think Chelsea is anywhere near when it comes to history so don't break your keyboard in a fit of rage.

But if you will be honest with yourself which I doubt you will judging by your last post. All those players only joined you for money and had Madrid or Barcelona matched your offer, do you think they will have joined you?

But don't let facts get in the way of your chest thumbing/ whaling spill of the greatest club since man walk the moon.

- Lukaku came because Chelsea was reluctant to pay his asking price at the beginning and when they decided to match it, it was too late

- Sanchez came because you made him the highest-paid player in the premiership when he clearly isn't even top 10

- Pogba came because you paid world record fee for him at the time which real refused to match. It was that transfer that made transfer prices what they are today
K.

Good luck with your promotion.

GoldanoGraham

It wasn’t the Pogba deal - it was the Neymar £200m that screwed everything up - and then Barca spunked £140m on Coutinho......now everything is well out of control

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

You're doing a good job ingratiating yourself on here before you've even got 10 posts!

You should know more than anyone how sometimes you need to rely on financial might.

3KDré

I think you'll find Neymar was the transfer that made them what they are today. After Neymar happened Mbappe, Coutinho and Dembele went for a lot more than Pogba.

ThinkTank@Cafe

This transfer is too good to fail. We are definitely playing 4-2-3-1 with PP certain to play as deep playmaker. Woodward knew that from the end of the last season. Everybody knew Eriksen contract situation.

We must have an advanced playmaker. Lingard/Mata hybrid is good for top 4, But Eriksen is a huge stride to a top top team. He is a rare player. First tier right winger, experienced striker and a competent CM next window and we can challenge for titles. Not fit for City 4-3-3, Liverpool play a deep lying forward, Chelsea is banned, Gunners are out of equation. Madrid must have agreed with Eriksen to get him on a free or wait until late August When Levy becomes desperate. Very Perez style.

Born to play in the current Ole’s team; his contract situation and timing for transfer are perfect. We should throw all we have to get him. Make him change his mind.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
This transfer is too good to fail. We are definitely playing 4-2-3-1 with PP certain to play as deep playmaker. Woodward knew that from the end of the last season. Everybody knew Eriksen contract situation.

We must have an advanced playmaker. Lingard/Mata hybrid is good for top 4, But Eriksen is a huge stride to a top top team. He is a rare player. First tier right winger, experienced striker and a competent CM next window and we can challenge for titles. Not fit for City 4-3-3, Liverpool play a deep lying forward, Chelsea is banned, Gunners are out of equation. Madrid must have agreed with Eriksen to get him on a free or wait until late August When Levy becomes desperate. Very Perez style.

Born to play in the current Ole’s team; his contract situation and timing for transfer are perfect. We should throw all we have to get him. Make him change his mind.

My god you guys just don't give up :lol:.

He's not interested ffs.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You can go back a million stages to argue which transfer caused fees to storm up.

I always think of it in England as being Sutton for 5m to Blackburn in 94.

Then it was Cole for 7m, Collymore for 8.5m, and within 2 years of the Sutton one, Shearer was moving for 15m.

Imagine in 96 being told that 15m in 2019 would only get you a championship prospect winger!

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Guys? It's one guy that's giving the the 2am drunk off his face and still trying to chat up the girl that told him to feck off earlier while waiting for a taxi vibe.
:lol: Good analogy.

I feel like people just bring disappointment upon themselves. Same with any of our fans who actually thought we'd be getting coutinho and/or Dybala.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
You can go back a million stages to argue which transfer caused fees to storm up.

Then it was Cole for 7m, Collymore for 8.5m, and within 2 years of the Sutton one, Shearer was moving for 15m.

Imagine in 96 being told that 15m in 2019 would only get you a championship prospect winger!
One of the craziest ones for me was Mendieta going to Lazio for 42M in 2001. Zidane broke the record that summer for 46M, a record that held for 8 years until Kaka in 2009 for 55m.

It was mental money for Mendieta at the time. Even though he was a good player.

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
You're doing a good job ingratiating yourself on here before you've even got 10 posts!

You should know more than anyone how sometimes you need to rely on financial might.
I am no WUM but I will speak my mind and if that means a ban and suspension from here then so be it, so you saying that doesn't mean much. I am not here to disrespect your club or fans. Simply stating facts that we as fans like to turn a blind eye to sometimes, I do it too.

I have no problem with any club using their financial might. God knows we did plenty of that when Roman arrived, as long as you are upfront with it that that's how you are blowing everyone out of the water and not because of some massive history that you no doubt have.

Players couldn't care less about history now, just money and where they can win trophies now and not in the future and the truth is the elite players can get the money they want elsewhere. 200- 300k is becoming a norm everywhere now.

Grande

You’d probably be very happy thinking you’d got the worlds best player securing you dozens of champions league titles, not realizing that ‘the championship’ was going to be the name for what was called division two just a few years ago.

ThinkTank@Cafe

:lol: Good analogy.

I feel like people just bring disappointment upon themselves. Same with any of our fans who actually thought we'd be getting coutinho and/or Dybala.
So generous of you to compare me to mighty Spurs fans. But there’s a difference: Dybala and Coutinho are an impossible dream for Tottenham. Eriksen is not snubbing us, he just (reportedly) wants to leave England.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
So generous of you to compare me to mighty Spurs fans. But there’s a difference: Dybala and Coutinho are an impossible dream for Tottenham. Eriksen is not snubbing us, he just (reportedly) wants to leave England.

Of course he's not babe, plenty more fish in the sea.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Dybala isn’t snubbing us either, he just prefers another club :lol:.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Why would fans be mighty? Are United fans mighty because they support a more successful club? Weird.

Of course he's not babe, plenty more fish in the sea.
Squish, don’t try to be smart. It doesn’t suit you. “Fans” and “mighty” are irrelevant words. Your inferiority complex is so big that you Even miss “mighty” and “Spurs” going together in a sentence.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Squish, don’t try to be smart. It doesn’t suit you. “Fans” and “mighty” are irrelevant words. Your inferiority complex is so big that you Even miss “mighty” and “Spurs” going together in a sentence.
Ah yes, having my intelligence questioned by the man who a) still hasn't realised the eriksen deal was dead (hint: it was never on) and b) has an idol to the united states in his living room.

Quality stuff.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Some of these threads need a thorough locking for the next 24 hours. It's just too painful.

fps

:confused:

It was, what - £3m more than Bale a few years before?
While I agree that the Neymar, and Coutinho/Dembele, deals are the ones which made the transfer market go bonkers, Bale did genuinely feel like another Ronaldo, a bullier of top players, a match-winner extraordinaire. Pogba is a midfielder, and not therefore the one at the sharp end who scores the goals that win you league titles. That's the difference, I feel - he's a very good player, but just another player.

Pscholes18

All good points, United still one of the biggest clubs in the world but we don't have the pull we once did because of inept upper management. Ten years ago we would if signed Dybala, Bruno and Eriksen if we wanted to. Out play is shite, we are being run by a fecking clown. Defense looks to be solid but I'm tired if waiting for a midfield rebuild when it should of been done a long time ago. Never seen a club who found it so difficult to sign players in a timely manner. It's the same shite year in year out. Going to be a lot of draws this year.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Didn't we also nose dive and bottle 4th place by not beating the likes of Cardiff and Huddersfield at home? Weren't we also showing relegation form towards the end of last season?

They have performed better than us over the past few years, so it's not unrealistic to think they will be able to challenge this year.
Just cos they have been better than us and were last season doesn’t mean they will challenge. We are shite so it isn’t that hard to do better than us. It isn’t unrealistic for Spurs to do better than us this season coming and still finish 20 points behind City.

Status
Not open for further replies.