Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by United Pro, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Sep 4, 2019

Brophs The one and only

Let’s be honest, one of the bigger Spanish teams will have a cut off him if he’s free. So unless he’s moving for the sort of money they won’t pay him, he won’t be joining us.
  2. Sep 4, 2019

Mainoldo Full Member

They wouldn’t pay £50m for him are they going to offer him good wages? They will low ball him. Maybe Juve but how many more midfielders do they need.
  3. Sep 4, 2019

Hugh Jass Full Member

I think we will go for someone else. Whether that is Maddison i dont know.
  4. Sep 4, 2019

Thepinhead Full Member

Ye he won't want to come anyway. I actually think he would turn city and Liverpool down as well. He always said Spain was his dream destination so he will run his contract down and hope Real or Barca come for him.
  5. Sep 4, 2019

Sterling Archer Full Member

We rejected him this summer because Ed. So makes sense we will go back in January or next summer and offer him an exorbitant wage because Ed.
  6. Sep 4, 2019

Hugh Jass Full Member

I think we realized he wanted to go somewhere else and tried to avoid an ADM situation again.
  7. Sep 4, 2019

Which would be fine. I'm surprised by the talk of him in January now.
  8. Sep 4, 2019

sherrinford Full Member

I think he gets played from a wide position too often, as well as being shuttled around too much game to game - Spurs seem to constantly chop and change their shape. I can’t actually recall the last time I seen him start in a no.10 role in a 4-2-3-1 (a ‘normal’ formation).

I think he would do really well replacing Pogba in our current team. Every Spurs game I can recall from last season where he was moved into that deeper role he changed the game.
  9. Sep 4, 2019

ThierryHenry14 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    At this stage of his career I don't think Eriksen will be interested in joining a team in transition. He will be like Ramsey want to join a team that can challenge for title right away.
  10. Sep 5, 2019

Zlaatan Parody Account

We already have a young squad which only looks to be getting younger within the next year so adding a 28-year old doesn't have to be something negative, especially if the player in question is one of the best players in the league and doesn't rely on speed to deliver his best football.
  11. Sep 5, 2019

criticalanalysis Full Member

Yes that's exactly both the hope, that he will recapture his intensity/form and fear that he is on a physical decline that I have. It's gives me Ozil, Mata and Sanchez vibes, all three who are still very good footballers but at their stage of career need a team built around them or have the best supporting cast.

Then I think about the fraility of Pogba playing behind another advanced midfielder when in reality he has all the tools for that job. We need to address two main things 1) play a proper fecking man midfield and 2) play a proper dedicated DM, which can only work tactically in a three with the squad we have.

Pogba with two hard working, technically sound passers and ball carriers e.g mixture of Matic (yes I still rate him), Fred or McTomminay in a three is a much safer option than bringing in a physically declining no 10 on high wages. Then if that doesn't work, we would be getting closer to the core problem, a DM or DLP.

Of course for that to work, we would need to some actual proactive technical and tactical coaching, something we've been hoping for since Fergie left.
  12. Sep 5, 2019

Didn't Ramsey leave you guys because you pulled the contract renewal away from him?
  13. Sep 5, 2019

romufc Full Member

I think he can replace Pogba in terms of creativity but we would still need someone behind. He would fit in well if he could get ahead of out superstar No.10
  14. Sep 5, 2019

Bestietom Full Member

Havertz maybe.
  15. Sep 5, 2019

SilentWitness ShoelessWitness Staff

Supports:
    Everton
    Maddison will be the one you go for.
  16. Sep 5, 2019

GBBQ Full Member

Real Madrid's interest must surely have had him hesitant about moving anywhere else, especially with the English window closing earlier. The fact that move didn't materialise could mean he's open to other moves now. I'm sure Spurs will be keen to sell in the winter window too and invest in a replacement.
  17. Sep 5, 2019

Volumiza Full Member

I hope so.
  18. Sep 5, 2019

devilish Juventus fan who used to support United

I think so as well. He's young, he's British and he's ridiculously expensive.
  19. Sep 5, 2019

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    Doubt it. Why after the age it took to negotiate with Leicester, would we do that again. We'll find someone cheaper, our big purchase would be Sancho if we go for one.
  20. Sep 5, 2019

Adam-Utd Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

If we sell Pogba then Maddison would be a wise replacement.

United fan, talented as hell, knows the league.
  21. Sep 5, 2019

Raw Full Member

Maddison, Sancho and whatever DM we can find with Pogba sold would really improve the team as a whole. Would probably be a net spend of about £100m. Though getting CL football will make things a lot easier.
  22. Sep 5, 2019

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    Yeah, if we sell Pogba, potentially. Didn't think about that to be honest.
  23. Sep 7, 2019

sherrinford Full Member

I think he can replace Pogba positionally. I wouldn’t be surprised if a deeper role was his best position now - he’s never been the most explosive player and is not young any more, but has a terrific brain and is a very hard worker.
  24. Sep 8, 2019

0le Full Member

Its a good plan on paper and I think you are correct.

In my opinion, I don't think it will happen. Both Sancho and Maddison will be "big" transfers because of their fees. We may make one "big" transfer, but I can't see us doing two. Do you think there is a possibility we could make these signings?
  25. Sep 8, 2019

UNITED ACADEMY Full Member

No chance. The only hope to get this guy if we are somehow challenging the league this season or if we have a world class manager managing us.