Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Doesn't he want to go to Spain
He's already turned us down once in the summer, not sure why people keep saying Eriksen is an option here. He clearly doesn't want to stay in England.

theklr

He's already turned us down once in the summer, not sure why people keep saying Eriksen is an option here. He clearly doesn't want to stay in England.
Rumours says he is still attracted to United ! :P

stepic

i probably would take a punt on him at a cut price, but he wouldn't be my first choice, not by a long shot.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
right now I'd happily take a punt on him, looking at the players that are currently playing. Not really the position we want to be in though.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
These type of transfers have done us more harm than good recently so it's a no from me.
Likely I'll regret this choice but hey-ho.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
These type of transfers have done us more harm than good recently so it's a no from me.
Likely I'll regret this choice but hey-ho.
Yep. Leaving on a free to the highest wage bidder. Who will then proceed to show no desire to play and just sit on the bench collecting his money.

We will be stuck with a 30+ year old on 300k a week. When else did that sound a good idea?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Which illustrates how nonsensical it is to base an opinion on stats...
I agree with you but I also don't think Mata's been worse here than at Chelsea. At Chelsea he had a functioning team around him whereas here he's been surrounded by mostly crap. As well as aging making him impossibly slower.

Champagne Football

I'd bet he'll end up at Juventus in the summer. Probably already agreed behind the scenes. If anyone loves a good free transfer, it's Juve.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
What if he refuses to go and asks for the £40m as signing on bonus instead, at new club as part of pre-contract, which he'll be able to sign in Jan with a non EPL team?

Rob Bowman

I love to dream while perusing the transfer forum. I can also be practical. Eriksen is a very practical buy.

Take a moment and look at our midfield three. yeah... my point.

I was at the Villa game and we are literally without options when McT and Pogba are crocked. Mata was by far the best midfield player based simply on the fact he was the only player moving off the ball. Now McT returned for Spurs and look how much better we played. Good CMs do that, they connect the team and make you look much better. So assuming all players healthy McT and Pogba start, but who plays ACM? Look Eriksen is not a World Class talent, that said he is a such a huge upgrade on anyone we have to play there it is not funny.

So if I was Woodward i would be looking hard at Eriksen (and Maddison) to plug this hole on the field (and hurt a rival). This increases our chances of making Champs League next year and that greatly changes what options we can look at this summer. Improving the squad somewhat this winter is a strategic priority in my book and clearly this position can be greatly improved in the short term with the added bonus of hurting a rival.

I find it hard to understand why we are not in for Eriksen or Maddison this winter.

Crashoutcassius

One lovely pass yesterday out to aurier showed his qualities. He is 27 and while he might have miles on the clock surely a 3 year big contract might be the way to go... We can't start talking about 27 as we have with 30

DanClancy

I love to dream while perusing the transfer forum. I can also be practical. Eriksen is a very practical buy.

Take a moment and look at our midfield three. yeah... my point.

I was at the Villa game and we are literally without options when McT and Pogba are crocked. Mata was by far the best midfield player based simply on the fact he was the only player moving off the ball. Now McT returned for Spurs and look how much better we played. Good CMs do that, they connect the team and make you look much better. So assuming all players healthy McT and Pogba start, but who plays ACM? Look Eriksen is not a World Class talent, that said he is a such a huge upgrade on anyone we have to play there it is not funny.

So if I was Woodward i would be looking hard at Eriksen (and Maddison) to plug this hole on the field (and hurt a rival). This increases our chances of making Champs League next year and that greatly changes what options we can look at this summer. Improving the squad somewhat this winter is a strategic priority in my book and clearly this position can be greatly improved in the short term with the added bonus of hurting a rival.

I find it hard to understand why we are not in for Eriksen or Maddison this winter.
Eriksen is 6 months off becoming one of the biggest earners in Europe, there's a whole host of reasons why he isn't coming to OT.

Leicester are in a title race, he'd be mad not to wait until the end of the season and Leicester don't need to sell.

fergie_god

Really don't like the way he is just mailing it in. I know everyone says that we are going overboard with underrating players over 28 but it really is a worrying trend with these attacking midfielders declining earlier than we have seen in the past. I'd rather take a gamble on a younger player than give this guy a huge payday.

Neither Maddison or Erikson are moving mid season. As stated above, both would be crazy to do so. I’m sure spurs would love to get a fee for Erikson, but that’s not going to happen.

prateik

Why would he move in Jan if he can stay on for 5 more months and save his future club 40m and get a nice chunk of that as a signing on fee?

Spurs didnt place nice when he wanted out. Unless he really really wants a move as soon as possible, he has no incentive to play nice now.

Why would he move in Jan if he can stay on for 5 more months and save his future club 40m and get a nice chunk of that as a signing on fee?

Spurs didnt place nice when he wanted out. Unless he really really wants a move as soon as possible, he has no incentive to play nice now.
Indeed. given he can sign a pre-contract in 3 weeks with a team outside of the U.K. he has zero incentive to move in Jan.

DoomSlayer

Would Jose take a swap deal for Matic, plus £10-£15 million? It's a lot better than losing him on a free and having a disinterested player in the squad.

Rob Bowman

Eriksen is 6 months off becoming one of the biggest earners in Europe, there's a whole host of reasons why he isn't coming to OT.

Leicester are in a title race, he'd be mad not to wait until the end of the season and Leicester don't need to sell.
I didn't mean to imply were definitely getting either player. I am just stating we should be looking at this.

redshaw

One lovely pass yesterday out to aurier showed his qualities. He is 27 and while he might have miles on the clock surely a 3 year big contract might be the way to go... We can't start talking about 27 as we have with 30
He'll be 28 and 6 months old when he kicks a ball for his new club this summer and will turn 29, 6 months into next season as his 28th birthday is only 3 months away in Feb.

So yes he is close to 30. He'll be 29 and 6 months old after just one season with us, he doesn't have 3 years until 30 and turns 29 after playing for us just six months in, for example. Not saying he's coming here.

Not saying we shouldn't sign if possible.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

In the caf, once you're past about ~23 you might as well retire

Surely Juve don't need anymore midfielders, im sure even Rabiot is struggling for game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.