Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
Biggest stumbling block will be contract. He'll be after a 5-5.5 year deal which as shown by Sanchez is an awfully high risk to take.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He isn't that great. Good for us but I genuinely don't think he is all that. Stats may show different things but he seems like a different fit of player to the type of thing we need long term.

croadyman

I like Eriksen but feel that if there is any truth in it being a straight choice between signing him in January or wait for Maddison/Grealish in the summer then maybe we would be better off to wait until then

Last edited:

littleman

Would be a good signing but not for 40m in January.

Can't deny Spurs are fantastic at business and their players young/dumb for tying their best years down with low pay.

DevilRed

Can't deny Spurs are fantastic at business and their players young/dumb for tying their best years down with low pay.
I think those days are long gone now.

They are now on the cusp of losing their best midfielder and their starting centreback duo in one season, for zero in return.

They also failed to properly replace the fullbacks who left in the summer.

I guess with mourinho in charge, levy has no choice now but to open the chequebook. Whether or not they have the funds to placate jose is another matter.

SATA

Wanted him in the summer but not now anymore. But if he’s available on a free next year, lots of clubs including us would obviously be tempted

stepic

I think those days are long gone now.

They are now on the cusp of losing their best midfielder and their starting centreback duo in one season, for zero in return.

They also failed to properly replace the fullbacks who left in the summer.

I guess with mourinho in charge, levy has no choice now but to open the chequebook. Whether or not they have the funds to placate jose is another matter.
Toby re-signed, so that's something.

James Ward

Don't think he's good enough to be honest. Need to forget about him and look elsewhere.

-Supreme-

Eriksen is definitely not the right profile of players that Ole is looking for...one key element is the age as he mentioned this numerous times

LInkash

This is a little different from the Sanchez transfer in that we don't have any good players of his ilk and he wouldn't be blocking anyone's way like Alexis did with Rashford and Martial.

We need some experience and Eriksen doesn't rely on pace. He's a game changer and although he's far from my first choice, I wouldn't be against it.

darko

For 40M they should snap him in a heartbeat. If they knock a mil or two off they can take Lingard.

izec

Wouldnt go anywhere near him. Whats the point? Better and younger players out there if you look at the past 18 months

gregor

Wouldnt go anywhere near him. Whats the point? Better and younger players out there if you look at the past 18 months
I agree with this. This would be similar to Mata transfer.

croadyman

Would only want him if it didn't affect signing a Grealish in the summer,however it looks to me that there is no chance that we sign both of them.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just two days ago I didn't want Eriksen at CAM since that his favourite position but I wonder - considering how badly we need a RCM is there any chance he could play RCM for us?

Would he be interested in that? Pogba, Eriksen & Fred in a midfield 3 does add something we have lacked for nearly a decade now even if it has its obvious flaws - it's still better than anything we can put out now isn't it?

With all the previous talks about going for mandzukic, I'd much prefer we go for Eriksen if & only if he is willing to play in midfield.

red thru&thru

Eriksen is a great player. His talent is such that he should be playing for a top club, fighting for honours. Would be pointless coming to us now. We need to find players of his ilk when he came to Spurs. That is the Eriksen we need.

dev1l

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Seriously I hope we go no where near him

I'm not saying he's past it or anything but United doesn't seem to be the right club (these days) for players to go to and try and rediscover their best form.

croadyman

I get the impression that he isn't our top target in that position and we will only look at bringing him in on a free if we aren't able to bring in either Grealish or Maddison in the summer, would be nice to see some targets from outside of the UK & premier league but think that is unlikely without a proper DOF in charge of recruitment.

Andrew Richmond

Eriksen had his chance to join us previously and chose not too. Hasn’t been in the best of form for some time now and I think we would be better served looking elsewhere.

Mainoldo

I’d be upset if we brought him and played him as a 10. He’s a 6 now and that’s the type of player we need and where we should play him.

Mainoldo

I get the impression that he isn't our top target in that position and we will only look at bringing him in on a free if we aren't able to bring in either Grealish or Maddison in the summer, would be nice to see some targets from outside of the UK & premier league but think that is unlikely without a proper DOF in charge of recruitment.
He doesn’t play as a number 10. Why would he affect them players?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I hope we don't. There must be someone younger and hungrier who fit the profile better than Eriksen.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
His head isn’t in it for a team that should be better than us, can’t see him fighting for us when we’re struggling.

Don’t want any of these weak mentality Spurs players.

eire-red

The similarities to this and the Sanchez deal are obvious. A hungry and motivated Eriksen in that no. 10 position, pulling the strings is an enticing prospect if he's back to his best, but that's the big if.

Grealish's name is mentioned a lot here, and he's an interesting one. He's captain of Villa, and I like how he's influential all over the pitch. Didn't really rate him before this season, but to me I feel he's actually better than Maddison but obviously plays in a poorer team. He's a really good option for us, and hopefully coming into an age now where he can take his game to the next level with better players around him.

RedDevilRoshi

Do not want. It just feels like it’ll be Alexis Sanchez all over again - a player that looks to have lost all his hunger and only here for the money.

Rather go for someone like Jack Grealish for that number 10 position.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Do not want. It just feels like it’ll be Alexis Sanchez all over again - a player that looks to have lost all his hunger and only here for the money.

Rather go for someone like Jack Grealish for that number 10 position.
He's 27 and just got man of the match...

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Terrified we’ll sign him and prove we’ve learnt absolutely nothing, and this cultural reboot talk is proven to be utter shite.
It won't necessarily prove anything. Because United decided to go for younger players doesn't mean we won't ever sign more the more experienced players again.

Irrational.

He's 27 and just got man of the match...
How is he only 27? Seems like he's been around for decades and should at least be in his mid-30s :lol:

I think he'd be a success here. Experienced head amongst the youth, and think of how many more goals we'd get via Slabhead with him on set pieces. :drool:

At the moment our set pieces are wasted with Rashy trying to gigacunt them in from any distance.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I can't see him coming here, and he'll probably be the latest to join Juventus' menagerie of free transfer midfielders, but without Pogba we struggle to carve open certain sides, which Eriksen can do. From just a couple of games ago:

Getting an Eriksen in along with another forward who can run onto his balls would transform our attack.

He's showing more this season in limited appearances for Spurs than Sanchez did for Arsenal before he came to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.